You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
xER0h0UR

Should All Radar, Sonar Hydro and Smoke be removed ?

Is The Game Fun ?  

83 members have voted

1. 3. Should Radar Hydro SOnar etc and Smoke be removed

28 comments in this topic

Players
28 posts
14,720 battles

Should All Radar, Sonar Hydro and Smoke be removed ?

I think it would add to more fun gameplay with the need for these.

The constant smoke I have seen makes it totally unfair for other ships in the game.

If you have 3 ships all using smoke they take it turns to use that smoke from each other and effectively wipe other ships away.

In T7 matches the BBs have no location assistance, even when they do get it the CAs are already wise to it and move and before you have a chance to lock on they have reassembled to another locale smoked and off they go again.

The gameplay mechancis are flawed with this. The fun is not there, it is not a level playing flield especially on T7 ranked. The Belfast is a T8 ship with its capabilities and far outweighs a ship such as the Myoko in firepower and stealth.

[CHATS]
WoWs Wiki Team
12,082 posts
7,662 battles

How about no? Like a big no?

It's a part of the gameplay, you better learn how to play with this... Because WG isn't going to make it World of Battelships.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
891 posts
10,629 battles

removal of smoke = huge RN nerf (their lack of armor makes the smoke a necessity) and DD nerf (especially with the incoming removal of invisible firing)

Well, BBs have no location assistance, but you can still see the trail of the shots - with a little practice you can reliably hit targets inside the smoke without need for radar/hydro

Players
653 posts
4,424 battles

It's part of the game and strategy of evade and detect.

Mechanics are there to be learnt and employed so we don't get bored to death of the same old stuff.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Should.... people learn to play the frikkin game instead of wanting to remove everything which makes it 'difficult' for them?

• Cool 12

[CHATS]
WoWs Wiki Team
12,082 posts
7,662 battles

Should.... people learn to play the frikkin game instead of wanting to remove everything which makes it 'difficult' for them?

Best idea ever!

+10000!

:great:

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,085 posts
14,011 battles

The smoke issue could be addressed by removing the German DD firing penalty to make them more popular and giving non-premium tier 7 ships the radar consumable. The Pensacola really needs it. The Schors is a bit more debatable, though I think her AA weakness and her gigantic turning circle will offset any massive benefit that radar would bring her. If battleship players have no more counters to smoke, then they should pick ships that do. The game would work far better imo if players were encouraged to be flexible with the classes in randoms instead of fixating on one class endlessly and demanding endless buffs to combat the fact that their presence has chased away all the ships that were meant to combat their enemies.

Players
3,586 posts
7,303 battles

So firing from smoke and invisible fire is the current BB whine of choice, once that's gone it'll be "long range HE spam" that needs to go followed by another whine about torpedo soup before one final everlasting whine about the game being boring because nobody plays anything but BB

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,291 posts
6,159 battles

(LOL he's the only one that voted yes)

Edited by domen3

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,085 posts
14,011 battles

So firing from smoke and invisible fire is the current BB whine of choice, once that's gone it'll be "long range HE spam" that needs to go followed by another whine about torpedo soup before one final everlasting whine about the game being boring because nobody plays anything but BB

Truly you are the prophet of our age -wipes away single tear-
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,671 posts
15,350 battles

I wonder if there are those who think out of the box.

Apparently not.

makes you wonder, if you ever got out of the box............. in the first place...........

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,368 posts
8,801 battles

Apparently not.

outside_the_box_400x544.jpg

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles

Leave things as they are with regard to Radar / Hydro / Smoke.

But make it optional on RN cruisers to have EITHER smoke OR HE ammunition.  :trollface:

(They can keep the "magic" HP, and single torpedo gimmick as well)

Edited by Admiral_H_Nelson

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

Well, to be fair thats why Radar and RPF were added :trollface:

Radar needs a nerf, 12km range is way too much, no way to use F3 torps against it, you can also use the "Hi I see you there, you will hit me in 2 minutes" torps and also it shouldnt work trough islands, let the dds ambush, thats their job.

Also remove RPF, super annoying on ranked being spotted magically is just sad.

Players
400 posts
4,179 battles

think outside the box? Smoke and radar IS outside of the box.  Do you want us to go back to victorian era wars by lining up in straight lines and firing at each other also? Good grief man get a grip... I swear BB players with one shot capabilities whine about things they can obviously avoid.

Edited by CraftyVeteran

Players
28 posts
14,720 battles

makes you wonder, if you ever got out of the box............. in the first place...........

If you are incapable of holding a conversation in life keep it up with answers like this/

Troll.

Alpha Tester
1,818 posts
4,904 battles

Your suggestion is bad, because it simplifies the game (making it more dependable on RNG than actual player skill, since you have less tools at your disposal and thus most engagements will be solved with simple firefights), removes strategical and/or tactical aspects of the game (again, less opportunities) and as usual, benefits a certain class (which needs to become less popular according to the developers) more than any other. Now, you could argue that the removal of hydro makes torps more deadly, but this will affect the other classes more, as they are closer to the enemy.

Naturally, carriers are excluded from the above, but they will in turn be more deadly versus destroyers.

Also:

If you are incapable of holding a conversation in life keep it up with answers like this/

Apparently not.

Pot, kettle, colour and all that jazz.

Players
1,458 posts
2,640 battles

Truly you are the prophet of our age -wipes away single tear-

0/10 no whine about CVs.

Players
3,586 posts
7,303 battles

Apparently not.

I think I get where you're coming from.

What you want is a nerf to gunboat DD play and a buff to torpedo-boat so the meta returns to something similar to what we had this time last year.

So, lets assume you get what you want, how long do you think it would be before the whining about torpedo soup resulted in that being nerfed out of existence.