Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
henry_2007

Extra flagstaff

11 comments in this topic

[ETIT]
Beta Tester
6 posts
8,540 battles

Would it be an idea to use the flagstaff on the ships' prow? It could be used to mount personal flags or country navy standards, just like in WOT?

Henry 2007

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,965 battles

With as many flags as even the most casual player is starting to collect, I think it's time to offer more spots for flags.

• Cool 1

Players
104 posts
5,800 battles

Or, they could start offering the same flag packages in the premium shop as the other servers. But that almost sounds like work, and we all know WG-EU is too much of a lazy bum to get anything done, so that will probably never happen.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,965 battles

Or, they could start offering the same flag packages in the premium shop as the other servers. But that almost sounds like work, and we all know WG-EU is too much of a lazy bum to get anything done, so that will probably never happen.

The topic is flags not signals.

While your's might be a worthwhile topic, it's not this topic.

Edited by Nechrom

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,345 posts
14,949 battles

More main mast flags ok.. But Jackstaf only flys a flag when ship is dressed or in port

Players
527 posts

More main mast flags ok.. But Jackstaf only flys a flag when ship is dressed or in port

Aye. The Navy Jack, so this would probably be the worst spot for any other flags. Mind you, would be nice to see the Jack at the bow while our ships are in port.

I wonder if and when will they implement some kind of Clan emblems, or preferably Clan flags for us to fly.

Players
1,458 posts
2,640 battles

With as many flags as even the most casual player is starting to collect, I think it's time to offer more spots for flags.

They nerfed flag drops from boxes and also removed flag rewards from ranks 10-1. People will run out in time.

Whops. Did not read tou mean signals. Well, why not? But you are running the risk of all ships looking like christmas trees.

[OGHF]
Players
590 posts
11,092 battles

As T0byJug said, the flag pole on the bow of the ship is called the "Jack Staff" and in tne RN the only flag that goes there is the "Union" flag, hence the term "Union Jack", and it is only used when at anchor or alongside in port.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,770 posts
10,685 battles

First of all I really don't get why can't we change the national flag of a ship. Historical flags (wherever they're not alternate/fantasy flags to not hurt delicate russian sensibilities) should be the default but frankly, I think quite some people would be willing to pay a handful of doublons for the option to hoist their national colors, or some special flag, perhaps (the Jolly Roger flags, for example, just ask to be a national flag equivalent rather than some addition like the rest of commemoratives). 

Edited by eliastion
  • Cool 1

Players
527 posts

First of all I really don't get why can't we change the national flag of a ship. Historical flags (wherever they're not alternate/fantasy flags to not hurt delicate russian sensibilities) should be the default but frankly, I think quite some people would be willing to pay a handful of doublons for the option to hoist their national colors, or some special flag, perhaps (the Jolly Roger flags, for example, just ask to be a national flag equivalent rather than some addition like the rest of commemoratives). 

I'm afraid we are stuck with their fantasy flags for all German ships) and merchant flag for all the Japanese ships. There are, of course, client side flag mods available which you probably know of.  An imperfect solution, not least cause you have to repeat the process after every patch. The fantasy flags have more to do with German/Austrian laws than any 'Russian sensibilities'. Where the sensibility comes into play is with the lack of the proper Japanese Naval Ensign. I could live with the current Japanese ensign but it seems even that isn't an option.

Oops sorry for double quoting. But yes, as for being able to hoist National flags or something else to replace the default ensigns would be grand.

Sign in to follow this