You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
tobbeb17

German carrier Graf Zeppelin ?

40 comments in this topic

[TOAST]
Players
1,996 posts
25,653 battles

What is your source of this rumor about this ship that was never completely built, Graf Zeppelin?

[HNS]
Players
726 posts
10,008 battles

Yes, it is right. It will come as a premium ship.

We don't know when exactly but, most probably, it will be this year.

[TOAST]
Players
1,996 posts
25,653 battles

Yes, it is right. It will come as a premium ship.

​Can you provide a link to where you found this info?

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,985 battles

​Can you provide a link to where you found this info?

It has been confirmed several times, but this is the easiest one to find.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Of course. Here.

I know it is a bit of offtopic, but can someone give a short summary what one, who never played StarCraft, can imagine by "StarCraft-like mouse control" for CVs?

Is it just the more common (and IMO comfortable) left click to select the squadrons and right click (as opposed to the current left click) to give them orders?

[HNS]
Players
726 posts
10,008 battles

The worrying thing is no mention of any new UK lines 

British BBs have been confirmed for 2017 and DDs hinted. So, no worries.

I know it is a bit of offtopic, but can someone give a short summary what one, who never played StarCraft, can imagine by "StarCraft-like mouse control" for CVs?

Is it just the more common (and IMO comfortable) left click to select the squadrons and right click (as opposed to the current left click) to give them orders?

Actually yes, something like that. In SC/WC you can also form your own groups with mixed units but i don't think that feature can be implemented here.

• Cool 1

[TOAST]
Players
1,996 posts
25,653 battles

It has been confirmed several times, but this is the easiest one to find.

Thanks for the link.

Sounds like a great Plan for the Graf Zeppelin by WG.

I have to agree with Salentine the HMS Ark Royal would be great as a new premium, as a player that has just started training in CV's Tier 4 ATM the more new CV's the better.

Can somebody give a link to good CV training Videos?

Players
387 posts
2,834 battles

British BBs have been confirmed for 2017 and DDs hinted. So, no worries.

Actually yes, something like that. In SC/WC you can also form your own groups with mixed units but i don't think that feature can be implemented here.

You mean when you used to ctrl + click/select different types of units and assign them to the number keys by pressing ctrl + X number key as separate groups? It's not just starcraft. I think red alert and warhammer had that too. It would be great if we had it here. Why not? We are using the number keys already but the F keys are spare. The keyboard is big.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,304 posts
6,192 battles

You mean when you used to ctrl + click/select different types of units and assign them to the number keys by pressing ctrl + X number key as separate groups? It's not just starcraft. I think red alert and warhammer had that too. It would be great if we had it here. Why not? We are using the number keys already but the F keys are spare. The keyboard is big.

Yup, almost every RTS game has this and it would be really nice....what I'd like instead is a more responsive UI

[CHATS]
WoWs Wiki Team
12,082 posts
7,662 battles

The worrying thing is no mention of any new UK lines 

Yeah... This is strange... And quite worrying too.

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,552 battles

i m sure wg told before that in 2017 graf will come

They did. A rather long time ago in fact. It was mentioned when someone asked about Premium IJN CVs.

Ark Royal will probably be part of the UK CV line, rather than being a Premium. But I'm pretty sure, she will come, regardless of form.

[IBULL]
Beta Tester
205 posts

Interesting to know what the planes and load out configuration would be.

Would it be JU-87 variants and 109s as per draft or Focker Wolfe  variants proposed from late war? 

[IBULL]
Beta Tester
205 posts

As an ex-CV player just please please give them some love and sort out the issues. 

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,552 battles

Interesting to know what the planes and load out configuration would be.

Would it be JU-87 variants and 109s as per draft or Focker Wolfe  variants proposed from late war? 

It is only possible to speculate atm. Even the tier is entirely unknown. And because we know jack about anything but her coming, I think it is a safe bet that she is not close to coming. At the very least I expect the UI rework done, but also a balance rework.

[IBULL]
Beta Tester
205 posts

I wonder if the Graf Zep will only have fighters and Dive bombers, as it was historically planned. Could be wrong though.

​with the 109s undercarriage problems they need to re-model CV landings.......one of the many things they could do to improve CVs play which in essence is a spreadsheet. 

[IBULL]
Beta Tester
205 posts

It is only possible to speculate atm. Even the tier is entirely unknown. And because we know jack about anything but her coming, I think it is a safe bet that she is not close to coming. At the very least I expect the UI rework done, but also a balance rework.

​So many user ideas, so much to ignore.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

I wonder if the Graf Zep will only have fighters and Dive bombers, as it was historically planned. Could be wrong though.

As far as the wikipedia article is concerned, there is a early war version from 1939 with torpedoe bombers (Fieseler Fi 167), dive bombers (Ju 87 C) and fighters (BF 109 T). The mid/late war version was supposed to carry Ju 87 E as dive bombers and Me 155 A as fighters. So, loadouts with all three aircraft types might be possible.