Many players use bot's

25 comments in this topic

[77R4W]
Players
17 posts
2,650 battles

[edited]

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK

Players
1,008 posts

Not this old chestnut again.

You need to understand some people drive their ships in sniper mode and don't look where they are going, which is why you get collisions mainly at the beginning. It happens, sometimes unavoidable, sometimes due to pure stupidity. Don't sweat over it. Etiquette dictates you should always pass behind a ship, not in front of it. Its not hard.

Then you have people who are AFK. Now there are numerous reasons for being AFK, not all of them are nefarious.

So before you take pics of people you consider guilty of something  and posting them here (and getting banned for it), you need to understand what's going on a lot more that you do at the moment.

Players
383 posts
10,860 battles

Exactly what I expected from the title :D

AFK people are annoying, but sometimes they just can't do anything about it. I had games where I lost Internet connection and for some reason couldn't reenter the match later. This stuff just happens and I'm glad you won't get insta banned for it.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,296 posts
9,510 battles

I'll just have to note that after the 0.6.1 patch, the game is crashing frequently for me. Beforehand that was incredibly rare for me. It typically happens in between pressing battle and map loading so I typically have enough time to kill the process and restart to join the game with only few seconds loss, but others might just crash randomly ingame. I wouldn't be surprised if a good number of those AFKers simply crashed.

Other than that possibility, I don't really see many people that could be bots. Every now and then I notice such behaviour, but mostly it's just players tunnelvisioning hard.

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

Haven't noticed any bots recently.

It's far worse when bots use players...

• Cool 5

Weekend Tester
477 posts
4,742 battles

I've seen some player (maybe once a week or so), sitting at spawn for whole game. Now I'd say they are afk or their game crashed or something, but mysteriously they start shooting enemies as soon as they are in range and visible. They don't move, just turn turrets and shoot. Definitely some bots are around.

Players
1,058 posts
7,676 battles

You don't need a bot to sit still and do nothing in a game. OP, I suggest that you read up some info on bots and learn what a bot actually is.

[DPRK]
Beta Tester
290 posts

If the guns point all in one direction hes afk.

If they still point forward and aft he crashed or left the battle.

[77R4W]
Players
17 posts
2,650 battles

That is called AFK.

Not if  the turret's are pointing forward and backwards at the same time, and still doign that  when they move, thats a bot

[77R4W]
Players
17 posts
2,650 battles
Not if  the turret's are pointing forward and backwards at the same time, and still doign that  when they move, thats a bot

[77R4W]
Players
17 posts
2,650 battles

oki here is a pic from the match,  as you can  se, he is not in the starting pos. But the Pos you  se him in this pic is  where we crash, and have been still there for the whole match afther  that. And do take exstra notice on his turrets and say  that is not a bot user.  And at the same time, look at the CC, enemy plane is over it, and not shoting it down with the AA, inactiv like the turrets on  the Crusier bot  

[edited]

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,387 posts
13,800 battles

And do take exstra notice on his turrets and say  that is not a bot user.

Ok.

That is not be a bot user.

Happy now? :trollface:

Seriously, he could've simply disconnected for whatever reason. Having a bot that does nothing the whole game (thus earn 0 exp and credits) would defeat the purpose of using a bot anyway.

Edited by El2aZeR

[77R4W]
Players
17 posts
2,650 battles

But driving forward and swinging to the left side, and the same time the turrets are like that ???

Edited by Tralz

Players
1,202 posts
8,169 battles

But driving forward and swinging to the left side, and the same time the turrets are like that ???

The player manually sailed out of his spawn position, then disconnected for whatever reason. On disconnected ships, turrets turn back into the neutral position. And disconnected ships don't stop instantly, they gradually slow down.

[KOOKS]
Modder, Beta Tester
1,340 posts
3,342 battles

Haven't noticed any bots recently.

It's far worse when bots use players...

I think this is extremely true for this evening... I've been torpedoed three times, own team, by the guy behind me, I'm giving up for tonight... :sceptic:

Beta Tester
1,339 posts
5,176 battles

-snip-

This has happend to me and I bet countless others. You loose connection but your ship continues forwards for some reason and then you die or get heavily damaged. I have yet discovered a pure bot in this game (even though some players certainly fit the description). A bot in WoT is pretty easy to spot, where as in this game it is generally just a completely clueless player or an AFK or a disconected player.

But if someone can find a bot program and prove me wrong, I will stand corrected.

Players
1,058 posts
7,676 battles

This has happend to me and I bet countless others. You loose connection but your ship continues forwards for some reason and then you die or get heavily damaged. I have yet discovered a pure bot in this game (even though some players certainly fit the description). A bot in WoT is pretty easy to spot, where as in this game it is generally just a completely clueless player or an AFK or a disconected player.

But if someone can find a bot program and prove me wrong, I will stand corrected.

I've seen a couple of bots, but that was a long time ago. Good tell signs were repeating exactly the same patterns. Stat-wise, bots also had an insane amount of games played in a short period of time. The case in this thread is about disconnected players, though. Turrets in neutral position tells that the player has either been disconnected or has quit to port.

Players
1,008 posts

The player manually sailed out of his spawn position, then disconnected for whatever reason. On disconnected ships, turrets turn back into the neutral position. And disconnected ships don't stop instantly, they gradually slow down.

I had that in WoT once, logged back in to find my tank at the bottom of a river. Lol.

[DSPA]
Beta Tester
256 posts

It's painfull to scout the enemy in base and see that 3 of them are AFK  only to loose the battle because your team was filled with monkeys and sucked even more.

Edited by clocky

Players
3,041 posts
3,645 battles

Just encountered a bot of my own.

north team on okinawa, this guy followed an automatic path to the centre of A cap circle where he then cut engine and stayed perfectly still firing at the nearest enemy

bot without a shadow of a doubt