Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
aleksandrov3

FLINT CAPTAIN SKILLS

16 comments in this topic

Players
6 posts
1,499 battles

So I heard that by reaching rank 1 three times you get a Flint, which is a light cruiser with 127 mm guns and smoke. Basicly it is atlanta with 2 less turrets and better torpedoes with the range of 9,3 km. 

Then I started thinking what commander skills are best to use and realised it is a very hard desicion indeed. These are all skills which I think are usefull.

Tier 1:

I would take priority target as I think this is best skill for any cruiser. By knowing how many people are targeting you, you can decide when to angle, make a turn and smoke up. Although some people suggest Preventative maintenance, because you lose turrets offten. Is that really an issue? Does Flint often lose turrets?

Tier 2:

Here I would go strait for adrenaline rush. Due to the fact that you have smoke, you can survive long even on low health and take full advantage of better reload. 

Tier 3:

Here you have a problem because all skills are good. I can't decide between Demolition expert, Basic firing training, Superintended and Vigilance. Demolition expert buffs your fire chance from 5 to 7 %, which is a 40 % increase and makes you a real fire started due to the large amount of shells you are able to pump in the air. Basic firing training gives you 10 % faster reload of your guns, which decrese reload from 5 to 4,5 seconds. Skill also increase your AA dps for 20 % and since you are  AA monster this really helps. Superintendent gives you one more smoke and who wouldn't like that. Flint also uses american smoke that blooms and lasts very long. Vigilance helps you to avoid torpedoes while you are hiding inside your smoke. 

Tier 4:

I would take consealment, which enables you to be detected at only 9,3 km. Advance firing training is also good as it increase you AA range and your firing range. Your main battery can fire 11,12 km, but with this skill the range extendes to 13,34 km. The third skill you would want to have is IFHE for more damage, but I don't know if it really helps. Has anyone done some testing whether overall damage is really higher???

So basicly as you can see you can not take all these skills even with 19 point captain, therefore I would like to hear you suggestions of how to spec 10 point captain and then which skills to choose later. 

For 10 point captain I would choose Priority target, Adrenaline rush, Demolision expert and Consealment expert. Then I would choose IFHE, Basic firing training and Last stand to get a full 19 point captain. 

I didn't choose superintendent, because if you use premium smoke you will have 3 smokes available and those are american smokes which lasts very long. Vigilance is also less important for me, which makes me thinking should I swap Defensive fire consumable for Hydro, because without Vigilance I would feel vulnerable inside smoke. I also left Advance firing training, due to the lausy shell arcs you will have very hard time hitting anythink 13 km away. 

What do you think, how would you spec you 10  and later 19 point captain?

Players
3,041 posts
3,645 battles

I wouldnt get adreneline rush, the things already got a titchy reload, the diference is going to be in 0.1s of seconds

[DSW]
Players
3,772 posts
7,712 battles

I wouldnt get adreneline rush, the things already got a titchy reload, the diference is going to be in 0.1s of seconds

so? what difference does that make? increases your damage just the same as it does on a BB... plus, Flint with its smoke has a great tool to stay alive and fight on on low health quite often.
  • Cool 1

Players
4,154 posts
9,221 battles

so what you want at tier 2?

Only 2 usable skills are adrenaline rush and jack of all trades  :p

my current but i am not so happy with that

1. Priority target

2. adrenaline rush , jack of all trades

3. Superintendent

4. IFHE, AFT, Camo

I will probably switch to something else cause i miss my old flamethrower generating hatred in every enemy player

1. priority target

2. jack of all trades, adrenaline

3. demo expert, superintendent

4. AFT, Concealment

Edited by KaraMon

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,002 posts
8,016 battles

My 19 point Flint and Fletcher captain:

Preventive Maintenance

Last Stand

Adrenaline Rush

Basic Firing Training

Superintendent

Concealment

Advanced Firing Training

Spending 7 points on a situational skill like IFHE (than rebalancing with Demo Expert of course) is not worth it on the 127mm guns.

Also, there tend to be a lot of carriers at Tier7, even in ranked i try to switch into my Flint when i see carriers wainting, those AA skills are far more useful.

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

Im also getting the Flint this season, atm im using this captain in Atlanta, 18 points. I will probably use the same one.

1 PT. You really want to know when they are aiming at you.

2 AR  Drops reload by up to 1 second.      LS Even DDs HE can damage your propulsion/rudder.

3 BFT Drops your reload by 0.5 seconds, the extra AA is a nice bonus     DE Burning stuffs is fun

4  AFT The extra range is amazing when catapulting BBs      IFHE allows you to melt a huge amount of enemy ships with HE.

Works pretty fine for me, dropped CE because its situational, only works when an enemy is in this 1.something kilometer better concealment you get and you are not hugging an island, with Flint you need to add the smoke also, so even less usefull.

And IFHE is amazing against tier 6 and 7 BBs and cruisers, you just deplete them at a 5k hp each 3.5-4.5 seconds rate.

Players
3,585 posts
7,302 battles

I'm surprised that vigilance isn't being recommended, I'd have though that a ship that relies on moving slowly in smoke would need all the help it can get spotting torpedoes.

My thoughts for a USN DD build that would also be useful on Flint:

1. Preventive Maintenance;
  2. Last Stand;
  3. Basic Firing Training, Superintendent, Demolition Expert and Vigilance;
  4. Concealment Expert.

Players
147 posts
3,492 battles

so i told him Flint captain sets , i always use dedicated captains even on premiums :p

True, you told him specific captain, but there were others talking about their Gearing captain etc. 

Btw interesting than U want to switch away IFHE, I heard that it boost your damage tramendeusly against tier 6,7 BBs, cuz you can pen them. Do you really need superintendent? Do you actually regularly use all 4 of your smokes in one match? In tier 3 are many usefull skills like DE, Basic firing training and Vigilance. Also can U relliably hit ships at 13 km, because this is the point of using AFT?

Edited by aleksandrov2

Players
1,458 posts
2,640 battles

Priority target. Adrenaline rush. BFT. IFHE. AFT. CE.

the 19th I will spend on prev. Mainteance. Once I get it. Tis is my Atlanta this season though. But I imagine Flint would be same.

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

Just reached rank 1 for the 3rd time... Dont see any Flint in my port...

wait about week after ranked season is over...

Players
2,741 posts
15,525 battles

and it acellerates torp reload too btw
  • Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,102 posts
11,613 battles

AR is still pretty impressive on quick reloading stuff...

I'm fairly sure my Sims reloads at 3.3s at full HP and goes down to almost 2.5s.

That is a significant hike in DPM in a clutch knife fight and it would be appropriate here too. 

Sign in to follow this