Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Major_Damage225

Waships of the past, today.

9 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,832 posts
6,132 battles

Greeting's to all fellow skipper's  =^.^=

Just as the title says, photos of the warhips of the past as they are today, i will add more of them in time (I'm short on time unfortunatly), 

if anyone would like to add to the photo colection, it would be super.

Im gonna start with the Tegethoff class dreadnought Szent Istvan sunk by italian torpedoboats during ww1,

(the damage is about 5x6 meters at the area of impact) it's now resting 60 meter's bellow the adiratic,

now im not going to go into the detail's of the ship as there are already topics with that.

Here's is how she looked when built, and on the faitfull day in 1918.

Szent_Istvan (1).jpgszent_istvan.jpg

Here is how she looks now:

szent 2.jpgNote the turret's still trained to port, they were trained like that to try to help correct the list of the ship from flooding.

szent1.jpg

szent3.jpgA picture of a entrance into the ship from the maindeck, i think this is from the rear of the ship (i think it's the back:unsure:)

szent4.jpgFrom what i can see, this is the rear mast broken and bent to the side from when the ship hit the seabed.

szent5.jpgA view from the top of the screws and rudders.

szent6.jpgThis is a pic of the C&D turrets and the barbettes (it would be nice if one could be raised and preserved but since it's a protected site, that's not going to happen)

szent7.jpgAnother view of the crushed mast.

szent 2.jpg

szent1.jpg

szent3.jpg

szent4.jpg

szent5.jpg

szent6.jpg

szent7.jpg

Szent_Istvan (1).jpg

szent_istvan.jpg

Edited by Major_Damage225
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
263 posts
8,591 battles

It would be tough to raise a barbette as shes upside down, I actually created a poll on having Istvan in game as I think she'd be a good tier 4 premium

Edited by Jellicoe1916

Beta Tester
1,832 posts
6,132 battles

Rasing the barbette and turret, though technically fesable would be pointless ,you'd have to destroy part of the ship to get acess to the turret and it would be insanely expencive, but as i mentioned it's a protected site so it will never happen.

I've read you'r topic for it being a t4 premum, and i fully agree that it would make a nice t4,

The angle's on the guns are nice, it has the 4x3 arrangment witch is super, it has good armor, not the thickest but also not thin so i think it will handle itself in battle nicely,

though the guns being 45's i hope wg won't give it dispersion that will make you'r shell's fly off into the neibouring country.

I have to say, though there are still many branche's of many nation's that have to still be implemented i'm betting that they will make her into a prem ,mabe not this year but i'm positive we can see her next year.

Bdw i have to ask, how do you get the beta tag? Ive been in beta (thank's to yubyub) i have the player's title, did you have to be alot on the forum during beta to get it, just out of curiosity.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Bdw i have to ask, how do you get the beta tag? Ive been in beta (thank's to yubyub) i have the player's title, did you have to be alot on the forum during beta to get it, just out of curiosity.

You would have gotten it automatically if you were on forum during Beta ( if you had posts during beta your tag would have been automatically adjusted by the forum software ). If you were in beta but never posted, this wouldn't happen and you would end up like you did now. 

ps: like the pics :honoring: 

Beta Tester
1,832 posts
6,132 battles

You would have gotten it automatically if you were on forum during Beta ( if you had posts during beta your tag would have been automatically adjusted by the forum software ). If you were in beta but never posted, this wouldn't happen and you would end up like you did now. 

ps: like the pics :honoring: 

Oh well, i did read the forum alot, but i never did any posting, since whatever i thought relevant at the time i always checked the forum and it was already posted. Thnx for the info   :honoring:

Beta Tester
1,832 posts
6,132 battles

What's is the limit on the pictures? ive just spent 3 hours making another one and i couldnt post because i went past my allowed picture limit so it all went down the drain, guess i have to redo it tomorrow. :facepalm:

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

What's is the limit on the pictures? ive just spent 3 hours making another one and i couldnt post because i went past my allowed picture limit so it all went down the drain, guess i have to redo it tomorrow. :facepalm:

Use an external image host like imgur :)

Beta Tester
1,832 posts
6,132 battles

Welp tried upploading the pics but i still get "you'r past you's allowed picture limit"  ok i do have over 20, i guess i'll have to do it in three posts,  the begining,  the faithfull day and how she is today,  hopefully it will work.