You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Listy

Quite Sunny in this Cyclone...

6 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
186 posts
620 battles

HAd a cyclone warning today, and as I was in a Lander I thought "Oh good, this is going to be good." Especially as the enemy were forming al lemming train of BB's and CA's down the open side of the map. A nice cyclone would have enabled me to close and start lobbing torps into them. I just needed to stay alive.

As the count down neared zero, about 20 Seconds, I accelerated to attack speed, locked S-foils in attack position, Girded my loins, and generally prepared to cause mayhem and sudden undesired Water/ship combinations.

I steamed at full pelt out from cover at about Cyclone +10 seconds... at which point everyone opened fire at many many kilometres longer than "eight KM".

Much to mu surprise in the beating sun I actually managed to survive the beating for about two minutes, until visibility actually dropped, but by now I was so banged up I had zero chance as a Cleveland appears on top of me at point blank and Whoompf.

Consider this a public service announcement A cyclone arriving doesn't mean the visibility droops, just add a couple of minutes...

Beta Tester
306 posts
6,464 battles

1 minute and 50 seconds to be exact. (unless they changed it in the last patch)

Alpha Tester
186 posts
620 battles

1 minute and 50 seconds to be exact. (unless they changed it in the last patch)

Hey it was a guess I was a little bit busy getting hammered by higher tier BB's and CA's from three sides to pay exact attention to time... IT was trully amazing that I didn't get obliterated in the first 10 seconds the amount of guns aimed at me.

In short the five minutes countdown is bugger all use. Why not set it to 6 mins 50?

Players
68 posts
5,652 battles

The rendering range gets reduced gradually after the cyclone hits. I suspect you only notice it right after the countdown ends, if your base render range is extremely high to begin with. In a ship with low render range, e.g. a destroyer, it takes quite a while until you notice any difference. And, as was already said, for the render range to go all the way down to 8km, it takes almost 2 min.