SlenderScroob

What is with the attitude of the community

48 comments in this topic

Players
4,039 posts
7,578 battles

Quite. You're quoting British law. The offender would have to be British too to make it at least practically viable to start a case, and you would have to demand the records from WG.

Not saying it wouldn't be possible in theory - but the girl's father better be a lawyer specialized in international law than a police officer.

I'm not saying it's likely, but do you fancy defending yourself in such a case, and the international legal implications are going to be far more daunting for a lone individual than a senior police officer with the full weight of the UK government behind him.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,715 posts
12,392 battles

... the international legal implications are going to be far more daunting for a lone individual than a senior police officer with the full weight of the UK government's public spending cutbacks determining which crimes he can actually afford to pursue crushing down on him.

FTFY
Edited by xxNihilanxx

Players
2,324 posts
11,272 battles

than a senior police officer with the full weight of the UK government behind him.

Aren't you taking this hypothetical a little too far?

- Mr. MP, we've got the superintendent on line 1.

- Hi Super, I understand you want the full weight of my government. What happened?

- An anonymous troll on an internet game made my kid cry.

• Cool 1

Players
4,039 posts
7,578 battles

Those are a lot of iff's, even more because of different countries each having their own laws so having some 'metropolitan police officer' investigate something might not really mean a whole lot. And be honest, you really think insults in a game are worthy of police attention or would perhaps catching someone like Aydin C. take more precedence? 

I'm just floating the idea for discussion, but many police officers have children and I imagine some of them play online games so it's quite plausible that one day it will be the 12 year old daughter of a senior officer who's on the receiving end of someone's tirade of filth.

Quite how you'd go about prosecuting I don't know, but on the face of it this is a crime and with a police officer motivated to investigate it I'd personally be worried.

It's the internet, a lot of people see this as their 'safe place' where they can act tough and not get punched in the face over it

And quite a few of them have ended up serving prison sentences in the UK because of that.

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

I'll just leave this here :trollface:

[edited]

(allready got called out few times because of my dark sense of humor, but heck, can't help it :D )

16174936_1359585260766896_5195826629862669436_n.jpg

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK
  • Cool 1

Players
2,324 posts
11,272 battles

I'll just leave this here :trollface:

[edited]

(allready got called out few times because of my dark sense of humor, but heck, can't help it :D )

Maybe a professional can?

Seriously, not funny.

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK

Players
4,039 posts
7,578 battles

Aren't you taking this hypothetical a little too far?

Maybe, I am not a lawyer so I don't know exactly how you'd go about it, but I don't think it's quite as far fetched some seem to think.

Bear in mind that I've seen things in chat that are worse (IMO) than cases that have resulted in real jail sentences.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,752 posts
6,880 battles

Honestly no online community could be considered good. And insults and threats are just pointless attention seeking that goes nowhere and is forgotten within 2 minutes.

It's the same in real life. If a person calls you an idiot from across the street do you go over and smack him in the face or do you just smile and be happy that your life is not pathetic like that random stranger? 

Players
2,324 posts
11,272 battles

Bear in mind that I've seen things in chat that are worse (IMO) than cases that have resulted in real jail sentences.

Well, maybe the UK is more strict than that.

I'm from Belgium myself, and there have been some cases of f.e. online bullying that resulted in suicide (the thing that our joker above finds so amusing) that resulted in nothing, except in a formal warning and a (forced) "I'm sorry won't do it again".

Even when finding evidence of Belgium's favorite sport (pedophilia) on someone's computer, it doesn't always lead to prison. So that's the reason for me being :sceptic:

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,535 posts
6,986 battles

But watch it man, now people will call you toxic for using statistics on this forum :popcorn:

Indeed...they have a habbit of accusing you of that don't they? :teethhappy:

Players
2,324 posts
11,272 battles

To you. :trollface:

After this remark I have reported & ignored you. Good bye.

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,084 battles

Indeed...they have a habbit of accusing you of that don't they? :teethhappy:

Well, but that is just because statistics are totally irrelevant on a gaming forum, even the dev's don't use statistical performance to balance ships they rather just take player opinion at face value :trollface:

• Cool 2

[DPRK]
Beta Tester
297 posts

Meh This forum is actually a nice relaxing place unless you start to talk out of your rear end or act like you are gods gift to the universe without the ability to back it up. 

People somehow dont like that. neither here nor in RL

[edited]

btw.. Marv?

[edited]

:trollface:

Edited by RogDodgeUK
  • Cool 1

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

After this remark I have reported & ignored you. Good bye.

[edited]

Edited by RogDodgeUK

Players
4,039 posts
7,578 battles

Well, maybe the UK is more strict than that.

I'm interested in how different legal systems interact with the virtual world so that it's possible for a citizen of one country to bring himself under the jurisdiction of another's legal system.  For example if I were to start making posts denying the holocaust then I don't think I've broken any law in the UK, but I have very definitely committed a crime under German law and can be arrested, prosecuted and jailed.

Likewise, I think despite your nationality you are potentially subject to UK law for anything you write on the internet, and this is a law that has been heavily criticised.

I agree the chance of any action resulting from something written in chat is small, but if you went far enough I'd say it's not completely implausible that someone in authority could be persuaded to take it seriously.

I'm from Belgium myself, and there have been some cases of f.e. online bullying that resulted in suicide (the thing that our joker above finds so amusing) that resulted in nothing, except in a formal warning and a (forced) "I'm sorry won't do it again".

But then MTM referenced this case which appears to be much along the same lines http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/02/09/aydin-c-trial_n_14658116.html.

• Cool 1

Players
2,324 posts
11,272 battles

But then MTM referenced this case which appears to be much along the same lines http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/02/09/aydin-c-trial_n_14658116.html.

True, but notice that case has gotten a lot of notoriety through online gathering of people, and of course by that creep making a lot of victims. To quote jingles: "throw enough crap at the wall, and some of it will stick." (= make enough people mad, and (finally) someone might react)

Btw cro_pwr, an idol of yours I'd imagine?

Edited by PzychoPanzer

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,084 battles

If you really want to upset people on here hide your stats and then try to claim you're someone who understands game mechanics and just wants to buff BB's because their UP

ftfy

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

View Postchazwozza, on 18 February 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

If you really want to upset people on here have 20k avg damage and 30% WR in Yamato and then try to claim you're someone who understands game mechanics and just wants to buff BB's because their UP

ftfy

ftftfy

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,909 posts
9,210 battles

It's not that bad. Global chat has been disabled few patches ago and you can also disable team chat in options. Most of those tanks are driven by bots so you can feel the full SINGLE PLAYER experience while playing MMO(massive multiplayer game if that makes any sense). And ofc you still need to buy new overpowered premiums in order to have upper hand in battle but then the overall game experience can be good I guess.

I meant the forum. I've 34k battles in tanks.

Players
560 posts
4,690 battles

any kind of game thats simplistic in its design will attract the younger trolls.  The more hardcore sim games are more attractive to the older base and will feature a lot less nonsense. Its like the difference between CoD and Ghost Recon or even rts games. If it takes more brain power to play the game, the younger kids won't play it generally. They don't want to think. Just click and shoot.  You gotta take the good with the bad sometimes.