SlenderScroob

What is with the attitude of the community

48 comments in this topic

Players
1,011 posts
10,302 battles

It's actually terrible. People are just absolute idiots and they asked me to commit suicide. Yes i know it's the internet but I really don't care. Some game communities are nowhere near as bad. Say for example Rust. We know that game has a terrible community. Everyone is out for themselves but nobody is going to encourage you to commit suicide or call you a [cannot put these words here] and i know most of you would say just grow up you're really naive and a kid but idc. I'm gonna call out the community for being a literal **** stain.

And to those you say I am a kid and I should grow up or those who say i should kill myself please, I don't care. 

You mean you found a community thats nice to each other on the internet? Are you a hot babe using tinder?
  • Cool 1

Players
260 posts
[edited]
Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK
  • Cool 1

[DSW]
Players
3,775 posts
7,712 battles
quoted post removed

such as yourself, judging by your choice of words?
Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK
  • Cool 1

Players
257 posts
350 battles
quoted post removed

[edited]

[edited]

"well mannered adult people"

44544544.jpg

:teethhappy:

Edited by RogDodgeUK
  • Cool 2

Players
260 posts

At least someone got the underlying joke or maybe not.....

Back to the [edited]

Edited by RogDodgeUK

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles
quoted post removed

In game the ignore works the same as it does on the forums, sadly there is no 'anti BBaby' or '[edited]' option to automatically ignore those.... then again, I would miss out on so much :popcorn: 

Edited by RogDodgeUK

Players
878 posts
7,268 battles

Honestly it is a bit bad, though I'm sure there are worse. I think this generally comes down to the average age of the player base. I've played online games where the typical player is 30+, and it really reduces the middle-school level "plz uninstall n00b" stuff.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,477 posts
7,928 battles

You don't care, but decided to create a whine thread because your feelings got hurt.

Okay.

Players
918 posts
8,318 battles

Sorry to point this out but looking at your stats, I think part of why people get angry with you is your way below average performance in TVII / TVIII battleships, maybe? Also your Fuso stats look terrible. Would you consider improving? Happy to show you some tricks if you like. :izmena:

Edited by Dampfboot
  • Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Sorry to point this out but looking at your stats, I think part of why people get angry with you is your way below average performance in TVII / TVIII battleships, maybe? Also your Fuso stats look terrible. Would you consider improving? Happy to show you some tricks if you like. :izmena:

AidGCNR.gif

But watch it man, now people will call you toxic for using statistics on this forum :popcorn:

• Cool 2

Players
3,586 posts
7,303 battles

I wonder where we stand with respect to: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/21/section/127

(1) A person is guilty of an offence if he—

(a) sends by means of a public electronic communications network a message or other matter that is grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character; or

(b) causes any such message or matter to be so sent.

(3) A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable, on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale, or to both.

On the face of it I'd say some of the stuff that gets posted in chat crosses the line into criminal behaviour, you'd likely have a hard time getting the police/CPS interested, but it might happen.

I wonder what WG would think if players started doing real world jail time for their behaviour in game?

Edited by Capra76

Players
1,334 posts
5,325 battles

This community is actually fairly nice when you compare it to uber competitive games like CS:GO etc. One thing I've noticed is that in this game you can have an utter potato playing next to a super-unicum and having such a huge variance in skill levels all depending on each other definitely increases the tension.

PS - OP, anything you post here will always be judged against your stats and if your stats are "bad" then you can expect some Toxic replies, regardless of how valid your point is :D

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

PS - OP, anything you post here will always be judged against your stats and if your stats are "bad" then you can expect some Toxic replies, regardless of how valid your point is :D

ps OP this is usually said by people with bad stats who only think their points are valid, and hence claim they are ignored because they aren't purple enough :D
  • Cool 3

Players
3,586 posts
7,303 battles

You think?

I think you'd be surprised at some of the cases where that law has been used, I don't think it has yet been used for offences committed in game chat but that doesn't mean it couldn't be.

Lets say hypothetically you decide to hurl all manner of abuse at a particular player in chat with the effect that you reduce the 12 year old girl on the receiving end into floods of tears.  Lets then assume that her father discovers her in that state, raises a ticket with WG and is less than impressed with being fobbed off with being told to use the in game report facility, so unimpressed that he uses his power as let's say a Chief Superintendent in the Metropolitan Police to open a criminal investigation into your behaviour.

Still confident?

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,269 posts
7,420 battles

Whatever you do... don't go to World of Tanks...

It's not that bad. Global chat has been disabled few patches ago and you can also disable team chat in options. Most of those tanks are driven by bots so you can feel the full SINGLE PLAYER experience while playing MMO(massive multiplayer game if that makes any sense). And ofc you still need to buy new overpowered premiums in order to have upper hand in battle but then the overall game experience can be good I guess.

Players
1,657 posts
9,070 battles

Still confident?

Quite. You're quoting British law. The offender would have to be British too to make it at least practically viable to start a case, and you would have to demand the records from WG.

Not saying it wouldn't be possible in theory - but the girl's father better be a lawyer specialized in international law than a police officer.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

I think you'd be surprised at some of the cases where that law has been used, I don't think it has yet been used for offences committed in game chat but that doesn't mean it couldn't be.

Lets say hypothetically you decide to hurl all manner of abuse at a particular player in chat with the effect that you reduce the 12 year old girl on the receiving end into floods of tears.  Lets then assume that her father discovers her in that state, raises a ticket with WG and is less than impressed with being fobbed off with being told to use the in game report facility, so unimpressed that he uses his power as let's say a Chief Superintendent in the Metropolitan Police to open a criminal investigation into your behaviour.

Still confident?

Those are a lot of iff's, even more because of different countries each having their own laws so having some 'metropolitan police officer' investigate something might not really mean a whole lot. And be honest, you really think insults in a game are worthy of police attention or would perhaps catching someone like Aydin C. take more precedence? 

I've had physical threats and quite bad insults, there even was a person who kept making claims of certain illegal behavior on my part on this very forum. It's the internet, a lot of people see this as their 'safe place' where they can act tough and not get punched in the face over it :)