Customer Support Maintenance Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
waxx25

So I bought a Belfast for ranked.....

157 comments in this topic

Players
1,011 posts
10,347 battles

As expected, the ship is super powerful. A good volley on a dd will hit for 6-7k which at tier 7 is devastating. It absolutely smashes enemy BB's with HE when you have the IFHE perk and when it comes to enemy Belfasts and Fijis.....AP is lol-strong. That radar and smoke though..........I now see what Flamu and the other streamers (and all my friends at OMNI) said about this ship being broken.....It is a tier 7 monster.

(being in the military it reminds of a mobile artillery support unit for the team)

Edited by waxx25
  • Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,433 posts
9,234 battles

As expected, the ship is super powerful. A good volley on a dd will hit for 6-7k which at tier 7 is devastating. It absolutely smashes enemy BB's with HE when you have the IFHE perk and when it comes to enemy Belfasts and Fijis.....AP is lol-strong. That radar and smoke though..........I now see what Flamu and the other streamers (and all my friends at OMNI) said about this ship being broken.....It is a tier 7 monster.

(being in the military it reminds of a mobile artillery support unit for the team)

Good morning :)

Agreed. 

Here are some negatives, that make me not love it as much as you guys do.

- The broken smoke (you can overshoot it very easily - this made me take the larger smoke skill).

- The armor (think paper, shchorz thin)

- The missing IFHE (I dont have any other RN ship, so it is the only captain... when I get IFHE things might change... atm I can not deflect a charging BB with dmg only unless he chickens out)

- Ship struggles when solo, shines when in team (specially if you work with lets say Mahan or any other fast  torpedo ship)

I have been a bit angry at myself that I dont enjoy this ship as much as others... perhaps that is one of the reasons I am not playing much ranked (but I play little compared to you guys anyways).

• Cool 2

Players
1,011 posts
10,347 battles

Good morning :)

Agreed. 

Here are some negatives, that make me not love it as much as you guys do.

- The broken smoke (you can overshoot it very easily - this made me take the larger smoke skill).

- The armor (think paper, shchorz thin)

- The missing IFHE (I dont have any other RN ship, so it is the only captain... when I get IFHE things might change... atm I can not deflect a charging BB with dmg only unless he chickens out)

- Ship struggles when solo, shines when in team (specially if you work with lets say Mahan or any other fast  torpedo ship)

I have been a bit angry at myself that I dont enjoy this ship as much as others... perhaps that is one of the reasons I am not playing much ranked (but I play little compared to you guys anyways).

The broken smoke is not a problem when your playstyle expects only one puff :).

IFHE just make the ship more OP it is still amazing without it.

You just can't be yolo-aggressive in it. 

Solo idk, haven't had much opportunity.

Players
2,052 posts
10,940 battles

I think it still depends on the player though.I played a match in the shriaytsu/poi and had no trouble with the enemy Belfast since he barely radared or hydro me and i had free reign of the caps while he skirt around the islands.

[TTT]
[TTT]
Sailing Hamster, Players, Privateer
3,785 posts
15,991 battles

The broken smoke is not a problem when your playstyle expects only one puff :).

Smoke shouldn't be an issue these days. AFAIK, in the last patch or the one before that, smoke was changed in such a way that the last puff will always come.
  • Cool 2

[AXIS]
Players
714 posts
12,180 battles

i found myself doing much better in the fiji for some reason. some ships that are great for random aren´t that good for ranked imo.

Beta Tester
367 posts
2,137 battles

Utterly imbalanced ship.

I bought myself one last weekend. Prior to getting it I had been using the Fiji in ranked. The Fiji took me from rank 22 to 15 in 13 battles with a 53.85% win rate. The Belfast took me from rank 15 to 10 in 15 battles with a 80% win rate and a 53% survival rate. The ship is disgusting. DDs stand no chance against you. In one game I fired 4 salvos, killing two DDs. Good players must be destroying games with it.

I'm 24k XP away from IFHE as well, so it will probably get even stupider.

For comparison sake, my ranked stats as of now;

HGovInp.png

Edited by thestaggy
  • Cool 4

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Sigh,I really want to not use this and want to do the noble thing by Ranking with a BB (as I main BB).

Even taking a break in Random we got farmed by a Rank 2 Belfast player, he got 6 kills. I've got a 14 point RN captain ready to go, maybe it's time to sell out... 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
367 posts
2,137 battles

Sigh,I really want to not use this and want to do the noble thing by Ranking with a BB (as I main BB).

Even taking a break in Random we got farmed by a Rank 2 Belfast player, he got 6 kills. I've got a 14 point RN captain ready to go, maybe it's time to sell out... 

That is what I done. Last weekend I had a horrible time in my Fiji. I was getting stomped and radared by Belfasts in both Ranked and Random so I decided ''screw it'', time to literally fight fire with fire.

Players
1,011 posts
10,347 battles

I felt dirty buying too :unsure:
  • Cool 1

Players
767 posts
8,212 battles

Urgh. Sadly, I'm afraid that every time someone buys it, WG thinks it was a correct decision to add a blatantly OP premiumship to the game.

• Cool 10

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

The amount of damage this thing does to the Colorado Ang Nagato is tragic... The Germans fair a bit better and if you're lucky your BB can get damage saturated. 

Belfast is not an automatic win by any means and hitting R1 in it still needs skill and awareness but as much as other ships? 

Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

Smoke shouldn't be an issue these days. AFAIK, in the last patch or the one before that, smoke was changed in such a way that the last puff will always come.

Haven't exactly been every time looking for that but now smoke puffs definitely come more reliably also in destroyer.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Belfast does have a few predators in Ranked.

Shira can torp saturate her to hell although that's essentially a one shot trick as if you fail to kill the CD on the Reload Booster is huge.

Naga can pin her at longer ranges than the Germans but Naga had better hope to one shot you as her HP will fall fast to IFHE spam. Likewise with Colo.

CVs can bomb her although they are rare and just staying with your fleet nullifies them.

Other Belfast and Atlanta can challenge you i guess but that means others need to bring the OP ship too. 

Players
1,458 posts
2,644 battles

I prefer the Atlanta in ranked. Radaring belfasts and seeing them melt down is fun. Plus CVs cant touch my team.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

I prefer the Atlanta in ranked. Radaring belfasts and seeing them melt down is fun. Plus CVs cant touch my team.

Atlanta's shell trajectory is truly epic. Lobbing islands that no one has any prospect of shooting you back to. Her issue is that without friendly smokes you're pretty much dead in the water.

Players
1,458 posts
2,644 battles

Atlanta's shell trajectory is truly epic. Lobbing islands that no one has any prospect of shooting you back to. Her issue is that without friendly smokes you're pretty much dead in the water.

If you are behind that island and nobody can shoot you back, do you really need smoke? In higher ranks people smoke you too I guess. Man, I really want the Flint.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

If you are behind that island and nobody can shoot you back, do you really need smoke? In higher ranks people smoke you too I guess. Man, I really want the Flint.

Problem is as the game starts shifting and your allies have died you can be stuck there and flanked. I guess if that's happened then you're screwed anyway.

Players
1,011 posts
10,347 battles

The amount of damage this thing does to the Colorado Ang Nagato is tragic... The Germans fair a bit better and if you're lucky your BB can get damage saturated. 

Belfast is not an automatic win by any means and hitting R1 in it still needs skill and awareness but as much as other ships? 

Don't get me wrong mate, the picking the belfast is not automatic win. Belfast just has so many tools that a "good" player can utilize to ensure the win. It's still a poorly armored tier 7 cruiser that can be erased quite easily if played poorly.

[TACHA]
Players
1,300 posts
13,189 battles

Am planning to have a go at ranked today - not sure whether to use Fiji, which I love, or Belfast which I don't like nearly as much. Have 19 point captains in both (thanks to captain XP, I think I have 6 nineteen point captains!)

Do I play dirty or for fun?!!

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Am planning to have a go at ranked today - not sure whether to use Fiji, which I love, or Belfast which I don't like nearly as much. Have 19 point captains in both (thanks to captain XP, I think I have 6 nineteen point captains!)

Do I play dirty or for fun?!!

Fiji is great fun in Random Battles. It's possibly a decent anti Belfast ship with spotters.Haven't tried it myself yet.

Don't get me wrong mate, the picking the belfast is not automatic win. Belfast just has so many tools that a "good" player can utilize to ensure the win. It's still a poorly armored tier 7 cruiser that can be erased quite easily if played poorly.

Yes, it's brutal in the right hands but fails when potatoes use her. It's impossible to deal with as a BB if you try to push and one pops smoke and starts the spam. Shooting the smoke doesn't really work reliably as smart folk move and RNG is epic without targets locked.

Players
1,458 posts
2,644 battles

Problem is as the game starts shifting and your allies have died you can be stuck there and flanked. I guess if that's happened then you're screwed anyway.

If the enemy team has not suffered at least the same damage as yours by that point it is almolst sure you have a guaranteed loss.

Players
1,473 posts

i found myself doing much better in the fiji for some reason. some ships that are great for random aren´t that good for ranked imo.

I agree. i have managed to get to rank 9 so far with the Shiratsuyu. I have observed other ship along the way, from what i have seen, Belfast rarely survives a battle, Fiji seems much better in ranked, much more difficult to deal with, i think in random Belfast is awesome, but in ranked it is not.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

If the enemy team has not suffered at least the same damage as yours by that point it is almolst sure you have a guaranteed loss.

True... The game I'm thinking of, all our DDs chased a SINGLE DD into a corner and I was left defending the cap...

Players
1,458 posts
2,644 battles

True... The game I'm thinking of, all our DDs chased a SINGLE DD into a corner and I was left defending the cap...

This is a loss and it does not matter which ship you are in, even a yamato will not save you.