You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aldramelech

Mutsu Price

24 comments in this topic

Players
453 posts

Mutsu tier 6 BB £21.51

Dunkirk tier 6 BB £17.55

Please can some one explain the price difference?

[ sarcasm=on ] Because they're giving out discounts, so they need to make up the difference somehow! [ sarcasm=off]

No idea, I hadn't even looked at Dunk price. All the prices are arbitrary anyway.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,085 posts
14,036 battles

Mutsu tier 6 BB £21.51

Dunkirk tier 6 BB £17.55

Please can some one explain the price difference?

She is a ship with very large guns, torpedoes, and a trainer for 4 developed and 1 sub line of ships. The Dunkirk, at present, is a stand alone premium you can't use to train anyone or anything.

Edit: I would assume that this is also the reason behind the disparity between the Leningrad and the Blyskawica.

Edited by dasCKD
  • Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,635 battles

If it bothers you just wait for a discount.

Mutsu isn't the sort of ship that's going to be limited edition as it isn't massively op imo

Beta Tester
1,716 posts

If it bothers you just wait for a discount.

Mutsu isn't the sort of ship that's going to be limited edition as it isn't massively op imo

It doesn't bother me, I'm just curious. I have no intention of buying it, it's a piece of junk.

Players
453 posts

*checks* It's about the same price as Arizona and Warspite. If anything, seems the Dunk is "underpriced" when compared to the other same-tier premium BBs.

Why? No friggin' clue.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,765 posts
10,662 battles

*checks* It's about the same price as Arizona and Warspite. If anything, seems the Dunk is "underpriced" when compared to the other same-tier premium BBs.

Why? No friggin' clue.

It was already mentioned in this thread - Dunkerque can't train any captains. So it's just a t6 ship you can play for its own sake and it's probably going to stay that way for some time. If you want a good reason for it not being more expensive - this one sounds pretty rational to me.

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,616 battles

It was already mentioned in this thread - Dunkerque can't train any captains. So it's just a t6 ship you can play for its own sake and it's probably going to stay that way for some time. If you want a good reason for it not being more expensive - this one sounds pretty rational to me.

That happened with Warspite back in the day and it was at a higher price.

I think the bad reviews Dunkerque had from Community Contributors may have had something to do with the lower price.

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,323 posts
9,079 battles

Why? No friggin' clue.

[edited]

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,944 battles

Mutsu is just about the same price of all other tier 6 prem BB Warspite and Arizona. Think dunkurk is a little cheaper due to her having smaller guns

Edited by T0byJug

[-5D2-]
Players
492 posts
3,644 battles
quoted post removed

Shots fired :teethhappy:
Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,635 battles

Dunker will get others to play with this year anyway, French Navy common...

It's a shame T6 can't be it's own tier. There are so many different and BBs in there. Just being bumped up tiers often destroys you.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Unless you're flamu and you played Mutsu yesterday ( each time in tier 8 game ) and concluded that it punches up really well coming top of the team in each game :trollface:

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,343 posts
14,944 battles

Unless you're flamu and you played Mutsu yesterday ( each time in tier 8 game ) and concluded that it punches up really well coming top of the team in each game :trollface:

Gonna hold put till last min i think! maybe i get lucky and get a coupon...

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Gonna hold put till last min i think! maybe i get lucky and get a coupon...

Just, remember the reason it punches up well is because of the guns, it has bad armor even a Graf Spee can hurt you a lot! So positioning really seems to be key. Flamu said he would recommend but only if you're a good enough player, as a bad player will not like the ship due to the flimsy armor. 

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
922 posts
11,264 battles

Just, remember the reason it punches up well is because of the guns, it has bad armor even a Graf Spee can hurt you a lot! So positioning really seems to be key. Flamu said he would recommend but only if you're a good enough player, as a bad player will not like the ship due to the flimsy armor. 

This. Met a Mutsu on enemy team. He shot at me, i dodged, i shot back, bombed him for 28k dmg in the first salvo. Second salvo killed him. It is absolutely deadly if you catch someone off guard, but gets destroyed very quickly if you make a mistake. Getting into Tier 8 is no problem as you are pretty much on par gun wise. Poor North Cal that came sailing around the corner who took two of my torps and a broadside for 20k dmg realised that quickly too.

[BONI]
Players
1,063 posts
9,319 battles

T6 prems are iffy, anyway. The MM **** you harder than any other tier. I'm just glad the Anshan is reasonably priced while also being a great farmer. Not sure why I'd get almost-a-stock-Naggy instead of the best premium FXP farmer in the game, at a higher price to boot. Unless you really want it for training or you really want a premium IJN superdread, I guess. It is price-gouging though. I mean damn, you can get get multiple good games for the price.

[TOAST]
Players
1,986 posts
25,637 battles

Met a Mutsu on enemy team. He shot at me, i dodged, i shot back, bombed him for 28k dmg in the first salvo

I had a game early this morning with 2 Mutsu's in the game, double citadel on 1 next shot finished it, 2nd Mutsu was taken out by a barrage of steel rain from about 4 ships, they will be the target ships whilst new, I wouldn't pay the price WG are asking, the ship is nothing special. and for a tenner more you can buy the Scharnhorst. 

Players
918 posts
8,318 battles

Only have had 3 games and only vs T6/7 but I agree that ship is really nice.

[250H2]
Beta Tester, Players
1,079 posts
13,246 battles

Mutsu.

5 batlles 100% win. Avg dmg 79399, max dmg 125329, avg frags 1.4

No is not OP, maybe new Nikolai? 

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,635 battles

Mutsu.

5 batlles 100% win. Avg dmg 79399, max dmg 125329, avg frags 1.4

No is not OP, maybe new Nikolai? 

It'll never be as op as Nikolai. Mutsu has trash for armour, Nikolai is the ship version of the Terminator. Unstoppable at the MM.

[LEGIO]
Players
585 posts
7,549 battles

It doesn't bother me, I'm just curious. I have no intention of buying it, it's a piece of junk.

No mate. the Mutsu is better than all say. 140k in damage in a T7, 3 ships sunk :) Really powerful artillery, Ok, armor isn´t that strong. But i went into a brawl with a full health Gneisenau. And won. Not so bad for a "crappy" ship huh? ;)

[TOAST]
Players
1,986 posts
25,637 battles

No mate. the Mutsu is better than all say. 140k in damage in a T7, 3 ships sunk :) Really powerful artillery, Ok, armor isn´t that strong. But i went into a brawl with a full health Gneisenau. And won. Not so bad for a "crappy" ship huh? ;)

You could also do this and more in most non-premium T6-T7 BB's.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,942 posts
22,506 battles

But you can put occasionally good games in most BBs, the question is can you do it consistently and can the average player do it. You will be very punished at T8.

But in a T6 game she is of course dangerous. Some times you even defeat Gneisenaus. It may not be so easy in the future when enemys know her better. I might buy her but I am in no hurry, are at T10 in IJN BBs.

Would have preferred a Yamashiro 1944 or Ise 1943 Before a/C conversion.

Risalan:

Nikolai is protected matchmaking. At tier 4 many do not know how dangerous she is, but vulnerable to DD torps and CV attack.

If we have a enemy Nikolai and a CV I often tell the CV focus Nikolai strongest enemy ship useless AA.