Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CleverViking

So what rank have you gotten? Experiences in ranked etc.

15 comments in this topic

Players
503 posts
1,785 battles

As the title says, what rank have you gotten in ranked battles and how have your experience in this season been thus far? 

Additionaly, at what point does ranked get all serious business? In my experience it has just been like randoms with fewer ships and maybe a slight increase in planning. I'd like to know so I can set my "goal" as I just want to get as many signal flags as possible without too much effort. Admittedly I'm only at rank 17 so I suppose it'll eventually be more tryhard and more tears will be expelled. :P

As for me, I've only played 9 matches (all today) and been decent in most of them (we will not speak of my third match. Never, ever). It's been fun and I've really enjoyed the return to Mahan, though I reget using doubloons for transferring my Fletcher skipper.

Players
143 posts
8,219 battles

It's quite frustrating sometimes when you get matched with 2 Fijis and they have 2 Belfasts and you're in a DD. I played Mahan only this season and so far it's one rank/day for me, at this rate I'll be rank 1 in a week, although realistically it's never that easy.

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

Additionaly, at what point does ranked get all serious business?

Thats depends on the player skill, there are 4 leagues ranks 2-5, ranks 6-10, ranks 11-15 and 15+, each time you change your league the players get better, I checked your stats (I dont like checking stats but sometimes they give information) You are an average player, not good not bad, wich is nice considering the little amount of games you played, you should be able to carry and have a good WR until rank 15, ranks 11-15 must be your level so you will be able to reach the second league with some effort where you will strugle but also learn. And remember to stop using Mahan at rank 10 :P  Anyway the rewards from rank 10 up to rank 2 are crap, except the rank 5 flag, so if you really struggle at rank 10.

TL;DR Realistic goal rank 10, with a huge amount of work rank 5, but the rewards from tier 10 to tier 5 are not worthy.

Beta Tester
266 posts
8,096 battles

I got to rank 10 and stopped.

Priority reasons:

1) No irrevocable ranks after rank 10 makes the grind far bigger than my liking for a game.

2) The rewards after rank 10 sucked. Absolutely no motive.

My experiences? - Premium ships with radars and smokes and stuff, some times I had games with 4x belfasts each side. :-/

WG, too many premium OP ships that are way too OP even from their own lines counterparts. You created a monster.

Edited by Stugga
  • Cool 1

Players
165 posts
5,100 battles

I'm rank 14, played two matches so far today after getting off work (one win, one loss - stagnation), and I'm honestly not sure if it's worth it shooting for Rank 1. Sure, Black is very, VERY tempting (for the record, this isn't because of it having radar or otherwise being OP - I just love the ship itself for obvious reasons) but that'd require me to win Rank 1 FIVE TIMES. Not exactly a goal I consider realistic for my skills and patience. I'll probably just stick to randoms in my Fletcher and hope that at some point in the future, IJN DDs become not useless again.

Players
503 posts
1,785 battles

-snip-

Fair enough, why no Mahan though? 

I didn't even plan to play ranked but then I saw all the signal flags you get as rewards and looked at my paltry stock of signals and gave it a go. Will probably play until at least 15 or so though I've been having a bit of a dry spell with WOWS lately. With my fairly low motivation for the game at the moment I'll probably give up as soon as I start hitting some decent opposition :P

My experiences? - Premium ships with radars and smokes and stuff, some times I had games with 4x belfasts each side. :-/

I've yet to actually encounter a Belfast but I guess they primarily haunt the upper ranks by now. But I can see where you're coming from, playing DDs against Belfast isn't fun.

Almost brought my own but I've sort of been put a bit off the her since I bought her early (probably about 100 game played or something) and had mostly horrible experiences with her. I've been using her a bit more now after becoming more experienced but DDs have been my main source of fun for the last months and probably is the type I'm most comfy in so that's the ships I'll be bringing to ranked.

Players
3,041 posts
3,645 battles

My experiences are that my winrate in games that I carry are about 30-40%

does this mean i should potato around deliberately and have someone else carry? cus that seems like the smarter option at this point

[PORT]
Modder
1,493 posts
10,997 battles

Rank 15 - as I gathered enough stars last time to start here. Stopped here also, as ranked is not longer needed to get some flags. :aqua:

[DSW]
Players
3,793 posts
7,737 battles

not playing at all (one match aside to get the rewards from stars "carried over" from last season) - WG have been so kind to make the rewards pathetic enough that this time around I see zero reason to torture myself in that particular hellhole...

Beta Tester
1,342 posts
5,212 battles

Only interested in Rank 10 to get that -10% service cost flag. After that the rewards are simply not worth the effort.

[SEES]
Players
17 posts
1,847 battles

I'm up to 12/13, can't remember which. Not too pushed in climbing much higher really. Dunno if it's worth the effort to be honest.

Players
503 posts
1,785 battles

My experiences are that my winrate in games that I carry are about 30-40%

Well. that's because WGs ranked system is quite bad. Since there are a lot of ranks that are secure and you can advance through just winning and not personal achievment people are really only heading in one direction. This obviously leads to a lot of players at higher ranks that have no business being there, in a perfect system people should play with others of approximately the same skill level.

Would've been better that everything past rank 20 was "revocable" and that advancment was based on personal performance but with a bonus for wins (in the same vein Overwatch's ranked works). That would at least make it harder to get carried to higher ranks. Thus, if you absolutely stomp the opposition you advance quickly to a tier where you perform at average levels and if you get dragged to victory but perform poorly you do not advance at all

(Do note: I have not played ranked before, these are just my observations "from the outside")

Edited by CleverViking
  • Cool 1

[HAVEN]
Players
719 posts
6,164 battles

Bounced from 13 to 8 with mainly using my Saipan but now keep changing from 8 to 9 and even back to 10 now and again.

Saipan becoming a little bit less useful plus MM keeps giving the enemy 2 Belfasts and me a Myoko and Schors so i have gone to the Belfast because that at least gives my team one radar.

Thinking about using the DD now and again but i keep thinking of all the hydro and radar in general so i do not bother and same with using the BB with all the fire about.

Want to reach R1 tbh but have to get better in my play, the Belfast is a tricky one for me but T7 is a tough group i have found but that could be down to the Belfast.

Alpha Tester
2,070 posts
1,108 battles

This thread will be closed due to breaches of the forum rules. >click here<. There are already existing threads where discussions on the new ranked season take place >click here<The main post in that thread also shows you links to other existing threads regarding new ranked season.