Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Angye_NL

Ranked, what DD stats reflecting a good performance (no WR)?

6 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
1,743 battles

Hi, I am playing ranked. My question is what stats show a good performance for a DD. WInrate not counting, but the other average stats as:

- exp.

- kils

- damage

- spotting damage

- ships spotted

- potential damage

- % contribution cap/def

I feel winrate and good performance are not going hand in hand.

To get a bit of reflection it would be nice to read some insights about it. It maybe helps to keep a bit motivated.

Thanks and best,

Angye

[SCRUB]
Players
3,423 posts
9,203 battles

Well ... wince WT ignores caps there is nothing else to count then dmg, kills and wr.

They say "Base capture and defense points are no longer used for the rating because the data coming from WarGaming is inaccurate.". I wish that wasnt so.

From WT page your description is:

• Mostly plays destroyers, especially medium-tier and is excellent in them

So here is my answer ... this line shows a good DD performance. Anything else are details.

Edited by nambr9

[GEUS]
Players
1,428 posts

A lot of people have difficulties in reading stats. To evaluate your performance you don't take into account one or two stats, you take them all. It is the combination of stats that gives you the right evaluation. 

By the way, Stats aren't that importantant, it is much more important how much fun you have.

[NHOOD]
Alpha Tester
244 posts
11,220 battles

No stat will tell you how many tactically important things somebody does during games, even with 0 dmg done. Key stat would be some smart positioning calculator which is impossible. You won't see did a DD smoke up their BB in agony, spot enemy Belfast by chasing him out of the smoke, make him panic in many ways, contest the cap zone, spot Blyska stealthfiring x ship and so on. WR is the key stat in the end, but you can be very (un)lucky with your teams on small sample.

[CLADS]
Players
210 posts
4,907 battles

WR is only somewhat useful stat for measuring DD play ranked. DDs fulfill crucial smoker and scouter role which stats just don't reflect well.

Sign in to follow this