Sign in to follow this  
ntos

IJN DD mutsuki or minekaze?

10 comments in this topic

Players
12 posts
297 battles

hi

I am to de point to decide between lines. Looks like mutsuki is more torp and AA, minekaze sligthy faster and more powerfull artillery , that dont look so important in DD. I am more on the first, i like using torps, but I would like to have som opinions

also, what about the next ships?

txs

Beta Tester
731 posts
10,960 battles

Go for the main tech tree, but the only think that IJN have left is stealth, that is countered by anything afloat other than IJN ships, thow despite hating the torpedo soup of the past, what they did to IJN DD is overkill.

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,945 posts
3,862 battles

Tier 5 IJN DDs are quite lacklustre (although that can be said for nearly the entire tree). As for ships they lead to? Tier 6 are not really that great. The only ships that I can somewhat recommend in the IJN tree are Shiratsuyu and Akizuki. Shiratsuyu because of its 16 torp gimmick making it quite strong and I'd recommend the IJN DD Akizuki because it doesn't play like an IJN DD.

Akatsuki is quite meh, Kagero is worse and far less enjoyable than the old T8 Fubuki, Yuugumo is ok but outclassed by Fletcher which is also more versatile, Shima is not really that amazing either. At higher tiers the amount of detection everywhere really kills all enjoyment. So my recommendation as it stands right now would be to go Akizuki branch or if you want to go for high tiers to just not bother and go for USN or Soviet DDs.

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
5,510 battles

Minekaze has much faster torpedo reload than Mutsuki, and later in the line, Fubuki and Akatsuki has nice number of torps that reload faster.

Players
50 posts
6,524 battles

Tier 5 IJN DDs are quite lacklustre (although that can be said for nearly the entire tree). As for ships they lead to? Tier 6 are not really that great. The only ships that I can somewhat recommend in the IJN tree are Shiratsuyu and Akizuki. Shiratsuyu because of its 16 torp gimmick making it quite strong and I'd recommend the IJN DD Akizuki because it doesn't play like an IJN DD.

Akatsuki is quite meh, Kagero is worse and far less enjoyable than the old T8 Fubuki, Yuugumo is ok but outclassed by Fletcher which is also more versatile, Shima is not really that amazing either. At higher tiers the amount of detection everywhere really kills all enjoyment. So my recommendation as it stands right now would be to go Akizuki branch or if you want to go for high tiers to just not bother and go for USN or Soviet DDs.

Same.

If I had to do the line once again, I'd go with the Shiratsuyu one. Be aware that ships of the 'torpedo" line are not the best torp ships (USN), that reload time evolve to something like 2 minutes for the shimakaze if I don't mistake myself, and their concealement is just a bit superior to USN destroyers (beson and fletcher 6.0 km with concealement expert, without camo).

Players
439 posts
7,500 battles

I have my shiratsuyu, akatsuki, akizuki, yugumo and shimakaze (and kamikaze) as keepers.

I feel like all these ships are decent to good, But the other T5, T6, T8 IJN DD's, get past them asap.

Shiratsuyu has its stealth and torp reload booster.

Akatsuki has speed and faster reloading torps but as said is a bit meh because it lacks stealth which is the only feature that makes IJN dd's bearable.

Akizuki is like that special snowflake that feels it deserves a chance even with all its drawbacks (well maneuverability)

Yugumo has stealth, decent guns (for IJN).

Shimakaze is just as 'meh'as the akatsuki.

Players
12 posts
297 battles

hi

thanks everybody for comments and advice

i will see it carefully

by the way, why we cann't go in US forum? we r not supposed to comunicate with other WG groups? very weird

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,945 posts
3,862 battles

hi

thanks everybody for comments and advice

i will see it carefully

by the way, why we cann't go in US forum? we r not supposed to comunicate with other WG groups? very weird

Nah, they have to seperate us Europeasants separate. Otherwise they might have to give us equal treatment to the servers and not regularly (try to) shaft the EU cashcow playerbase.

[BONI]
Players
1,090 posts
9,611 battles

I would look at the following ships as well. Shiratsuyu is one of the most torp-biased stealthy ships in the game, but Akizuki is pure gunboat. The other line has better guns with less stealth in t7 but then it's torp boats all the way to t10. Also, if you want a free premium torpboat, get to t8 and grind the HS campaign to get Shinonome.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles

The main line feels pretty bad.

Shira at T7 is all the torp boat you'll ever need and Aki just above her is an awesome pew pew shooty boat.

It's like why would you play Akat when you can Shira...

Sign in to follow this