6,467 battles

I already have the following on my 17 captain:

Skill 1 - Preventative maintenance

Skill 2 - Basic Survivability 

Skill 3 - Survive Expert

Skill 3 - BFT

Skill 4 - AFT

Skill 4 - Manuel secondary fire control

Its my German Captain for my Bis, Shinny and further German BBs. Now that i have an extra captain skill i'm unsure what to invest it into. I play BBs for one reason..Fun AP in your face secondary death! 

Keep it as it is

Just invest the point on extra planes. I quite like the Survival expert as it keeps you in the fight longer.  Extra planes helps with CVs alot (i should know).

Manuel AA

Being a CV captain, my initial thought was to get rid of Survive Expert, add the extra point and put it on Manuel Aim AA.  I know the AA range is only 5.4 km but it could make a difference.  Saying that, due to the current CV problems, you don't see that many about so is it just wasted points? On a NC this thing is deadly but on a Bis or Fat Freddy? Could make that one or two plane difference (alot in a IJN CV)

INERTIA

Great on Belfasts and the like (I have it on mine) but what about Secondary from a BB? Does it, hand on heart, make that much of a difference? I can deal with a lower fire chance if i can deal with things like Cruisers more effectively with them.

DEMO

We all like more fire don't we? Does the secondary gun fire really need more fire chance? 

FIRE PREVENTION

BBs players don't like to burn down (Please see ranked :teethhappy:) and this badger helps. Even more so with German BBs as there in your face more.  The thing is, with all the cruisers knocking around with Demo Expert (like my Kutov) you will burn regardless.  Flags and the canny use of the repair bottom also helps..Worth the 4 points?

If i'm going to get another skill 4 then Survival expert will be the first one off the list. BFT is too good to lose on BBs (IMHO). Do you think otherwise?

Going cap-in-hand here chaps as BBs are like my 3rd Fav line so any advice from seasoned BBs players would be just the ticket.

I know it will boil down to preference but what's your experiences :tea_cap:

Players
653 posts
4,424 battles

CE for sure.

I followed Flamu's preaching about battleship concealment and find it's the best 'armour' for fire prevention you can have.

The ability to choose your point of engagement and then go dark cannot be underestimated.

So it's good for early game and late game but not so handy in a firefight. But it's always there in every battle unlike manual AA.

I don't like the bandaid skills. I prefer to make ships as offensive as possible and rely on use of repair parties and heal. Concealment lets you slink off to lick your wounds and then reappear elsewhere. It's especially handy with the fleetfooted battleships as they can employ it.

Edited by MeTaLMooSe
  • Cool 3

[OP-B]
Players
128 posts
17,453 battles

Something is definitely wrong on your captain talents as you do not have T2 skill at all according to

Skill 1 - Preventative maintenance

Skill 2 - Basic Survivability 

Skill 3 - Survive Expert

Skill 3 - BFT

Skill 4 - AFT

Skill 4 - Manuel secondary fire control

Basic survivability is 3 skill points so I'm assuming you are having either High Alert, or Jack of all trades,

I assume you are running with this build

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100000010000000010010001000100019

Now as I to a degree agree with concealment builds. I still see ship like Bismarck straight out brawler. not so sure about Der Grosse and Currywurst. as they seem to have better accuracy... or more likely, Better dispersion.

But if ship like Bismarck is going to use it's concealment it has to stay so far that secondaries are always off as the 10.8 range isnt long enough, and main battery becomes uselss due dispersion

Now I would say Survivability Expert is 100% useless in 99.9% of cases in a battleship. it brings less than 1% of max hp, while on DD's it brings you over 10% in most cases, Sure it does keep you in fight a bit longer, but it's usually 5-30 seconds which isnt a too long. Unless you have repirparty / heal coming from cooldown in that crucial moment.

I would say that Bismarck with 17 point captain should look something like this

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100000000000010000011001000100019

Or if you use premium heals

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100000000000010000010101000100019

And in either case last 2 points would be going to high alert

But then again I'm "that guy" who pushes caps with German BB's, If I see friendly DD smoking up that's a marck for me to push in unless we are fighting notably stronger force on that side of the map.

Edited by JOVA1982
  • Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,107 posts
11,624 battles

For Bismarck I take Manual AA, AFT and Manual Secondaries...

You become a floating fortress, anything coming near you is going to feel the pain.

Yes CE is good but that's something I use on the Tirpitz as a stealth mid range cruiser sniper. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,537 posts
6,467 battles

JOVA your right m8, that's the build I got. High alert (I'm losing it today)

Interesting.. So nobody would recommend INERTIA? JOVA, so you think DE is better than INERTIA? NEGATIVVV, that's the skills I thought would be good, do you also have either DE or AR?

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,107 posts
11,624 battles

AR, a BB doesn't need DE imo as your main source of damage is always going to be AP.

[OP-B]
Players
128 posts
17,453 battles

Well I run currently This build

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100000000000010000011000000100019

And I'm half a captain level away from manual secondaries

I should have taken manual first, and after that either of the T3 skills (BFT / Super intendent)

But I had a brainfart just before the cheap captain talent swap thingy went away. (I have 16 point captain)

And as Negativvv says, the Demo Expert is kinda little bit out there, How ever I'd say it is usefull but ONLY IF you tend to be pushing the caps a lot, which leads to you having 2-4 enemy ships on your secondary range just about always, so you can make sure that everything is on fire all the time, This of course makes you rather woulnerable to torping, and you are on fire yourself a lot.

This is why that is viable build, but only if you have premium heals, as you will be taking a lot of damage yourself specially in the first half of the game.

This is the reason I prefer Supr intendent build.

Also I think someone counted out that IFHE build are only viable for Gneisenau and Currywurst as they aree only ships that have large enough secondary caliber that IFHE would penetrate most of the ships armor in their tier. (I might be wrong with that one) And this is why I would take quite many other talents before IFHE

Beta Tester
33 posts
1,688 battles

Switch your t2 skill for adrenaline rush for nice reduction in main battery reload time (and when they fix it it will affect secondaries too)

And take inertia fuse for nice increase in secondary DoT. You will still cause fires (especially if you use the flags too), and cruisers will really hate to be in your secondary range even more. (fire prevention is also a solid pick, but i go all-out secondaries on my Bis)

Also I think someone counted out that IFHE build are only viable for Gneisenau and Currywurst as they aree only ships that have large enough secondary caliber that IFHE would penetrate most of the ships armor in their tier. (I might be wrong with that one) And this is why I would take quite many other talents before IFHE

Did he take into account that German HE penetration is caliber/3 caliber/4 and not caliber/4 caliber/6 like other nations? My clanm8's came to the conclusion that it's still viable on the Bis...

Edited by Knobster

[PST]
[PST]
Alpha Tester
475 posts
5,135 battles

this is what i got on my shinyhorse/gneis captain, and will be on my bismark when i get that unlocked.

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000000010000010001000100019

and will use this 

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000010000010000011001000100019

or http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000000000010000010001000110019

bouth have good and weak parts, one for tanking and surival in randoms and you dont need to use prem consumables, if you meet the cv of dooms to much then i guess the secound one but need health consumable for having enough surivablitly to get more dammage in

Sign in to follow this