Sign in to follow this  
pihip

Ships and profitability

7 comments in this topic

[W-W]
Players
0 posts

This will most likely be the last time I post something in the forums, so anyone who was bothered by my barrages of questions can be happy now. :D

Stupid things aside, my premium account will expire this month, and I don't intend to renew it. What I do want to know though, is this: World of Warships places significant emphasis on premium consumables, and even the more peasant-tier players (like me) more or less need to run at least SOME form of it (mostly the Damage Control Party II). This isn't the case in World of Tanks, where I can run my tanks with standard, cheap consumables and still manage to make a profit - unless the game is truly terrible of course, in which case losing some silver is almost guaranteed.

Long story short - will I still be able to make a profit with premium ships on standard, even if I run at least one premium consumable (and please be aware that when I say 'premium ships', I mean Tier 6 and below, I'm not skilled enough to handle higher tiers). If it's doable, then great, if it's not, then I guess it's time to drop this game for good.

As always, thanks to everyone willing to contribute, and safe sailing! :)

[_GG_]
Weekend Tester
261 posts
2,309 battles

Well considering you can still make 200k+ profit with even a tier 6 premium ship without prem acc, and those consumables will at most chip 40k from it, by my math you will not be losing credits.

Players
1,648 posts
12,122 battles

If anything, it's the lower and medium tier ships that can do just fine ;) T4-6 is a credit sweet spot with arguably the highest profit margin thanks to the low servicing costs. 

The premium consumables are important for everyone, "peasant" or not. The reduced cooldown and additional charge are very important for making decisions and creating opportunities, so running at least damacon II and one other is highly recommended even if you cut your profit. Better cut your profits by 22500/45000 credits rather than earning 200k less because you burned to death early and were not able to recover.

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

Play decently well and basically you'll do some profit in any ship.

Of course assuming you know how to do damage/avoid sinking too fast to do that.

And in that situation premium consumable is likely to more than pay back its cost.

Players
160 posts
5,906 battles

Makeing a profit with a tier 6 prem is not hard even with consumables, i don't even buy premium things for my shinonome and i allways make a profit, so it not really hard to make a profit.

[CATS]
Players
14,746 posts
10,882 battles

That is easy, just look on the non-premium side of your result screen. If the silver income is positiv in general, you make a profit.

[W-W]
Players
0 posts

Makeing a profit with a tier 6 prem is not hard even with consumables, i don't even buy premium things for my shinonome and i allways make a profit, so it not really hard to make a profit.

Not to be rude, but if you have Shinonome you are a good player, AFAIK that is a winnable ship that requires time and effort, not one you can grab off the store shelf.

That is easy, just look on the non-premium side of your result screen. If the silver income is positiv in general, you make a profit.

Well, I've never had games where I would've lost money so far (this considering the non-premium side), though I got very lucky with supercontainers and won a healthy amount of DCP II consumables (still have some 380something left). Doesn't change that I'm a casual at best, so my performance is overall mediocre - lots of average or (mostly) below average games, and that once in a blue moon miracle game.

Of course, one can always learn, and I want to be a better captain, at least not to be a burden to the team. :)

Sign in to follow this