You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
zordage

Flame in fight chat

26 comments in this topic

[PLD]
Players
29 posts

Hello from what see in the few ranked battles i go in to there are always players calling and name shaming and so on .

What i want to ask is when we report player x for ranting in chat naming us all noob´s and downhill from there what effect will my reporting for chat misbehavior have in the long run ?

• Cool 1

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

For many "misbehaviour in chat" he could have a chat ban.

Which is a good thing for him, because he cannot rage more.

So the report system is broken because he won't have any punishment..

Community Contributor
813 posts
4,855 battles

calling noob is nothing bad ,  i call noobs too potato players

show your stat, before calling "noob" others.
Edited by Blizzard_0
  • Cool 2

[77R4W]
Players
17 posts
2,650 battles

Well I call ppl all the times noob. When they rush in like lerroy and camping  in the back like super hero snipers. Even if you know the players stats, even then it is pointles, in WOT, even the unicum players are assholes to, only thinking abut  them self, and not the other players 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles

Im an arse when i play i expect team work and DDs BBs and CA/CL do there J O B  if you dont im the arsehole to tells you  .... and if you stuck ... ill tell you ..... i know when i stuck ... ill even type that in chat .... Read chat Learn to play and get better.

Mang 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles

dubble post

mang

Edited by Mangrey

Alpha Tester, Players
5,135 posts

show your stat, before calling "noob" others.

poor blizzard changed name ? well your 2k games with div winrate not impress me ,,,, ^ atm you still not have more then me
  • Boring 1

[HAERT]
Beta Tester
78 posts
3,903 battles

A lot of people give other players who make mistakes serious grief rather than constructive criticism and help in the battle.

Things would be far better if people actually gave advice rather than just saying noon, usually 30 seconds after they've died because they didn't bother to look at the minimap.

• Cool 7

Players
751 posts
3,009 battles

A lot of people give other players who make mistakes serious grief rather than constructive criticism and help in the battle.

Things would be far better if people actually gave advice rather than just saying noon, usually 30 seconds after they've died because they didn't bother to look at the minimap.

This^^

Had someone do this to me the other day. even took to griefing me using the port chat......had to report it to the powers that be in the end due to some of the stuff that was coming out.

• Cool 1

[THGZ]
Players
10 posts
8,283 battles

Played a game other day in my DD, top tier, had a division of 2 cruisers on my team start shooting team, took 25% of my health, as u can guess I wasn't impressed and expressed myself accordingly in chat asking them to save it for the enemy to which they continued to fire at me, hence I called them idiots and sent several remarks (without swearing) at their direction. I died after taking cap due to said cruisers but remained in game. Both cruisers played like potatoes adding no value to our team. Game was to the line but I remained giving words of encourage and support to those who won us the game. After game one of the winners (not cruiser players) send me a message saying thanks for staying and the encouragement and sorry about the aggro I had. Now then, the point of the story being if you want ships to be a better place then act accordingly versus adding to the issue. This game represented the worse and best of what online random games have to offer :)

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles
On 21-5-2017 at 6:20 PM, HMS_Erebus said:

This is how it was in the 'old days'. I was the biggest scrub of them all, the scrub lord of scrub lords. And people told me that.

But they also told me what I could do to suck a bit less. And I tried to listen. And now I do the same, but no one ever listens anyway, they just flame you in chat and go on about how they are good players and you're just a noob who doesn't know anything about nothing. 

So that is why you don't see constructive criticism / help that much anymore, to many baddies who don't want to admit they might benefit from advice/help sometimes so they just flame, or just ignore. Both ways which are not encouraging to continue trying to aid the development of community skill base. 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles
On 21/5/2017 at 6:20 PM, HMS_Erebus said:

It certainly would be if said players actually listened to advice, are capable of understanding why what they did was the wrong thing to do or are able to read and understand english which most players do not appear to be capable of.

Hence venting on them is all that remain.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,124 posts
11,662 battles

Just ignore the idiots, the worst ones are the "good" players who stats check and point the finger. People need to learn the world doesn't revolve around them.

The worst I'll say might be to tell a DD not to be stupid and come back to the team or not go solo. And I might map ping call out a BB camper. 

Players
62 posts
6,345 battles

Always tried to listen when someone was nice enough to give advice. Way I see it, you can learn in two ways. 1) do it yourself and fail 2) listen to guys that did it and failed before you. The latter is superior way of learning sh*t since it saves you time and pain of humiliation. I always like to discuss tactics in civilised manner, althou there are not many people that are willing to do that similarly. Theres always ranting. Again, way I see it, namecalling its just a sign of weak character. The only answer to that kind of "gentleman" is the one that saves me nerves. I click 'ignore chat masseges'. Way better than trying to reason with vegetables. Try it. Game is much more enjoyable.

Players
440 posts
5,824 battles

I never throw insults during a game and usually do not even type in the chat but:

- Whenever a player does something stupid (DD going alone to the cap where 99% of the time the enemy team will be) I sometimes warn that player about the bad idea........not that they listen (if they can read English).

- Sometimes when seeing our 2 yamatos trying to pass the maps borders I will let them know they are not doing their jobs.

- Most often, I use the chat to compliment a player, not often in my team but more often than not someone in the red team who played very well, like a BB who managed to catch me fully broadside.

[ODIUM]
Players
49 posts
3,577 battles

In my opinion, the reason chat is in the game if for communication within the team. This is for helpful communication, like planing if your team want to go A and B or B and C at the start of the battle. Unfortunately, chat is abused by raging arsewholes who are either useless at the game and think that everyone else is dragging them down or sunk and want to blame the team for their failure.

I'll admit that I occasionally throw insults into chat when I sea somebody screwing the team over by not doing their job, I cannot defend that. However, more often then not I use chat to make plans, encourage teammates, and warn people of things coming their way they may not be prepared for. 

However, the most efficient way to communicate is to get in a division and use voice chat with your teammates. That way, you are guaranteed that at least 1 person will listen to you and that they will be fairly competent in the game, thus reducing the chances of becoming angered when the team does stupid stuff.

Just my opinion though...

[GUNUP]
Beta Tester
279 posts
2,086 battles

I'm guilty of flaming, as I'd imagine most players are. I normally try to keep my cool, but sometimes I just get frustrated with some players on my team.

A full health BB not pushing when half the team is dead, a DD not smoking teammates, cruisers not taking advantage of a pushing battleship and opening fire on a revealed enemy, a carrier doing naff all.

All of the above are capable of getting me riled up enough to start flaming in chat, although it's usually limited to "[ShipName] wtf do you think you're doing?", and I'll leave it at that.

Bear in mind that I'm one of the pushiest battleships you can find in a team, and you can probably see why I get frustrated by teammates not taking advantage of the targets I reveal (by making them shoot at me).

[ODIUM]
Players
49 posts
3,577 battles

TBH, everyone who plays is probably guilty of flaming in some way or another... Whether it be through in-game chat or cursing out loud where they sit. This will continue as people will always do stupid things in the game, like a battleship 'cemping beck of mep,' or a dd scuiciding at the start of the match. Potatoes have no learning abilities, so those who have experience in the game will always sea issues...

Beta Tester
1,979 posts
2,159 battles

Contrary to what many seem to believe, normal rules for civil conduct are not mysteriously suspended just because one happens to be communicating over the internet. There is no more call for insults, or general bad behaviour, simply because one believes - often erroneously, as it were - that such behaviour carries no consequences when projected through a computer screen. We are always morally responsible for our own actions.

Bearing this in mind, I try to behave the same way in the chat as I would anywhere else. And on those occasions when I feel that I have stepped over the line, I don't try to shift the blame onto the victim by saying, for instance, that "he acted so bad that I couldn't stop myself". We are all beings of free will, capable of abstract thought and self-restraint. Whenever we say that we can't control ourselves, what we're really saying is that we choose not to.

One of the best things about World of Warships, as I see it, is the generally good way in which players behave toward one another. Greetings are usually exchanged at the start of a battle, often with the enemy team as well. Suggestions and tactical advice are normally given in a polite, or at least non-bullying, manner. Compliments between players - again, often across the team borders - are not uncommon. While there will always be some few instances of truly vitriolic behaviour, I feel that this is the exception, and that we, in World of Warships, enjoy a game with an overall nice community spirit. I hope we can keep it this way!

• Cool 1

[1701]
Players
4 posts
8,108 battles

Calling anyone any negative name regardless of what they are doing has ZERO effect on them and will probably start a distracting chat flame war. Calling people names is only an expression of frustration that will have no positive effect whatsoever.  And lets just remember, this is just a video game, a place to have a bit of fun. Once I see insults flying around some of the fun goes because insults are insults.

Do you know anything about the real life circumstance the person you are insulting? It could be a hard working father of three having his one hour of leisure time a day. It could be a veteran with PTSD or someone with brain function issues who's only pleasure and contact with the outside world is in a video game. Maybe a neighbor knocked on their from door five minutes into battle so they pointed their BB away from enemy then did not make it back to game for three mins? Maybe they are just a crap player or someone with learning difficulties? The thing is, you do not know. You get annoyed, get sea rage and then due to the anonymity of the internet act in a way you probably would not in real life when you saw how big, or young, or disabled, or stressed out that person was in real life.   

And anyway, it's not like it does not balance out, the enemy teams you play against have exactly the same amount of dysfunctional players as the teams you are in. Do you complain when an enemy BB has sailed out all on his own and dies a quick death when you and three other team mates dismantle him in less than a minute? Given that in real war all kinds of bad luck happens would it not be easier to pretend that your teams only DD that is sailing exactly 180 degrees in the wrong direction has suffered a radio failure or mechanical breakdown? By all means send a message saying something like "Clemson! Where are you going mate?" That really is the only thing you can do and the most constructive, if you call them a noob, ask yourself, are they more or less likely to want to listen to you? I know one thing for sure, when someone calls me a name in game it distracts me and makes me want to piss them off.

Here is a problem I have: I am not great in BB's I don't seem to be able to get near enough to the enemy to get good hits in without regularly getting too close to enemy and or getting outnumbered by numerous enemy I did not see till last minute. As a result I tend to hang back more than the average player. If I see that my team mates are starting to loose a lot of HP I will steam ahead to try to absorb my fair share of enemy shells. Time and time again someone on my team starts pinging my position on the map or calling me a damage farmer, noob or worse. No doubt as I get better at WoW BB play I will sail closer to the enemy but for now it really is best for the team that I don't get blown out of the water having only done 5000 damage. 

At the end of the day this is a video game for fun, nobody has a lower win rate because they get more bad players in their team than anyone else. So you are not being short changed and for many of us when people with frustration and control issues start acting like this is a rehearsal for real war or that a loss will affect their chances or qualifying for the their nations World of Warships Olympic team and the insults start flying some of the magic of being in a GAME for FUN is lost.  I myself am sometimes extraordinarily hypocritical about some of this stuff. For example, if you call be a noob in game there is a good chance I will rage and curse at you, distracting myself and you in the process. If you think calling people noobs is OK, well, yea, if I do something super dumb like torp a team mate or drive/sail into a island in front of three enemy BB's, yea maybe calling me a noob with lol after is fine, even adding to the humor of the [edited] up.

There are enough insults and abuse in the real world to make many of us super sensitive to it in a place where for a few minutes or a couple of hours a day we hope to escape all that crap and real responsibility and have a bit of fun. I bet some calls me a noob for this post! : )

• Cool 2

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles

Really I dont care about your background if you play like a potao then you arsked for it. If you dont want to becalled names then learn to play the game. You are ruin my fun then i might ruin yours aswell. If do good ill tell you that. It is all about balance. 

Mang 

• Bad 1

Players
5 posts
663 battles

What about askin ppl to report 1 coz they feel the 1 is bad or not playin like they want him to play?

What about giving away their location to the enemy team ?

unlucky for them i recorded it aswell noted their names.... They gonna be famous on YT at least !

heres the vid : 

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,208 posts
15,028 battles

People are so sensitive these days...

Flaming , calling names, cyber bullying is 20% of the fun right?

If u don't like to get flamed , then get good . Or you deserve it.

Had a guy yesterday , he hates scrubs , he said i sucked because i play only for star. Then i asked him why you hide stats?

He said its personal " HILARIOUS "