Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Stugga

I just passed 1.000 games without getting a supercontainer

34 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
266 posts
8,096 battles

When supercontainers were first introduced I got 3 SCs in a decent time / games played (Maybe 1 in a 100 games or so). However, after that, I spent 1.000 games without getting one. Did they introduce them with decent chance to get them so players will get some and say "how cool feature it is" (publicity) and once that was accomplished they secretly reduced the chance to..almost zero (adding one zero somewhere in between)?

Admittedly, 1/3 of those times I chose "Try your luck" and the rest I chose "More consumables" etc. but I did the same in the first 3 SCs I got too, so the chances are the same.

I just find  the abysmal chance of getting SCs.... irritating.  ........................ One..... thousand.... games.

edit: I miscaclulated, it's 1.200 games!

Edited by Stugga
  • Cool 1

[GKXS]
Beta Tester
121 posts

Its just total RNG bud, Late last year, I recall getting 2 super containers in 1 weekend. Probably only 10-15 games apart. (One was a 3 mil credit and the other was just some mega consumable bundle). I havent had a single one since then.

its a lottery i guess.

Just be thankful you didnt have to pay to ''try your luck'' with the XP Containers, If you were stupid enough like me to sink £60 into the Christmas Supply crates and came out of it with nothing more then an obscene amount of unwanted camofluages and a bloody marblehead. 

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

That's a nice achievement, you should be rewarded with a special flag or something! ^^

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles

When supercontainers were first introduced I got 3 SCs in a decent time / games played (Maybe 1 in a 100 games or so). However, after that, I spent 1.000 games without getting one. Did they introduce them with decent chance to get them so players will get some and say "how cool feature it is" (publicity) and once that was accomplished they secretly reduced the chance to..almost zero (adding one zero somewhere in between)?

Admittedly, 1/3 of those times I chose "Try your luck" and the rest I chose "More consumables" etc. but I did the same in the first 3 SCs I got too, so the chances are the same.

I just find  the abysmal chance of getting SCs.... irritating.  ........................ One..... thousand.... games.

edit: I miscaclulated, it's 1.200 games!

Well you obviously haven't received 1.000 containers yet and the probability of getting one is very low and as the player can have a maxium of 3 each day that translates to about 1.1k containers/year a player should expect to receive something than less than 10SC/year so..

[GW_KR]
Players
183 posts
14,589 battles

What is this supercontainer you speak of ?

Some kind of legend ? a Myth ?

Last one I got was in November, Anno Domini 2016

A freaking two and a half months ago.

[TAW]
Players
54 posts
18,653 battles

100 "try our luck", 1 super container, 250 flags.

100 "more signals and camos", much better.

But no super containers.

gf.

Beta Tester
266 posts
8,096 battles

Just got 1000 Doubloons.

The issue is not what did you get from the SC, the issue is how often you get a SC.

WG could say "hey there's a prize of 1.000.000 doublons from SC!" - and then make the chance to get one, one in a trillion games.

Players
1,473 posts

I think WG just intended in doing containers as a bonus for playing battles, to be fair; they are not obliged to give us anything at all, if we don't get a SC we get camo's, flags, free XP, and consumables, something is better than nothing considering it's free

• Cool 3

[_GG_]
Weekend Tester
261 posts
2,309 battles

Since the introduction of super containers I've gotten six of them. Twice 5 million credits, twice 250 fire flags, once 250 of the other kind of fire flag, and once 50 Restless Fire camos (those were actually great, normal +3%/+4% and bonus 250% commander XP or something).

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

Just FYI I got my 9th SC today, 1k doubloons from flags and camo. Sadly no spotter plane module.

i got same yesterday :)

btw OP number of games dont matter. it is better to use number of days for comparison and average containers you get per day. cause you can get 1k games in a month, and that would only be 90 containers...

Players
2,743 posts
15,619 battles

well like i mentioned in other topics i averaged ~2.5 containers (TYL) a day and havnt got one since mid december....

and now i fear if i get one it will be a uber useless one

Players
1,434 posts
14,858 battles

I got one on Monday after a long drought since November or December. I opened it and found this:

shot-17.02.14_01.38.56yavv.jpg

Now I hate supercontainers with a passion and I hope I will never get one again. Flags and camos are way more useful for me.

• Cool 4

[POP]
Players
167 posts
3,204 battles

Those new "exclusive" modifications are so bad supercontainer content that I hope I won't ever end up getting one, like the above poster. Sorry Ze_reckless, I can imagine the feeling..

Well I won't be opening a single "Try Your Luck" container as long they have that c**p inside.

Edited by makhot

Beta Tester
40 posts

I got one on Monday after a long drought since November or December. I opened it and found this:

shot-17.02.14_01.38.56yavv.jpg

Now I hate supercontainers with a passion and I hope I will never get one again. Flags and camos are way more useful for me.

i got my second ever sc yesterday-the same as you-wont bother again!

Beta Tester
359 posts
1,963 battles

i got my second ever sc yesterday-the same as you-wont bother again!

this is why they "changed it based on our feedback", so now we almost never get free exp (got one first time today, while previously i got one every 2 boxes), the camo are less, and flags are as many as before.  i dont use the other boxes so i am not sure how they were affected

so... sc nerfed, free exp nerfed, camo nerfed. dont whine, guys, wg spoil us ;)

[CHN-V]
Players
436 posts
12,670 battles

I got a bluscawica, i used to take the try lucky container (i have the game in spanish so i dont kown how its called in english) but always, always the 2 or 3 SC that i ever got, was on the other kind of containers (flags..consumables etc..)

My blysca came in a supposed to be flag container XDDD.

Edited by PzAbteilung

[POP]
Weekend Tester
533 posts

I think I just got 4 supercontainers in 3 days and only one of them was a useless upgrade. For some reason the address sticker on two of them read stug.... something, but I opened them up happily anyway.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,328 posts
5,744 battles

What a weird topic - chances of a SC are not affected by the number of games played but by the number of containers opened.

Someone could play 2 games per day for 1,000 days (2k games) and get 1,000 containers*.  At the same time someone playing 50 games per day would hit the same 2k games in 40 days and only earn 120 containers.

*this assumes they get 1 container per day.  I guess 2 wins on a 3x weekend could net 2 containers and if they really potato 2 losses in the same day they miss getting 1... but for easy maths we will assume 2 games makes getting 1x container certain.

Players
557 posts
4,734 battles

What a weird topic - chances of a SC are not affected by the number of games played but by the number of containers opened.

Someone could play 2 games per day for 1,000 days (2k games) and get 1,000 containers*.  At the same time someone playing 50 games per day would hit the same 2k games in 40 days and only earn 120 containers.

*this assumes they get 1 container per day.  I guess 2 wins on a 3x weekend could net 2 containers and if they really potato 2 losses in the same day they miss getting 1... but for easy maths we will assume 2 games makes getting 1x container certain.

I'm confuddled.

So if I keep stacking my TYL containers to see how many SC's I get to non SC's I will get less SC's? So I need to open all of these containers before collecting more containers to get SC's?

Sign in to follow this