Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
WarburtonLee

DD spawn positions

25 comments in this topic

Players
432 posts
6,448 battles

Can it be made so that if there are more than 1 DD, they spawn at both sides? Cant be much problem to fix that, cause if theres one thing that causes lemmingtrains its exactly this

Thats all

• Cool 8

[SCRUB]
Players
2,728 posts
7,387 battles

Starting positions can decide the game. valid point.

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Beta Tester
672 posts
4,821 battles

OP, completely off-topic for which I apologise, but would you mind explaining your avatar. Ancestor perhaps?

Players
432 posts
6,448 battles

OP, completely off-topic for which I apologise, but would you mind explaining your avatar. Ancestor perhaps?

Its Warburton-Lee , a English Destroyer captain during WW2. Quite famous
  • Cool 2

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,561 battles

Can it be made so that if there are more than 1 DD, they spawn at both sides? Cant be much problem to fix that, cause if theres one thing that causes lemmingtrains its exactly this

Thats all

No NO NO

Why?

Because you should never be certain on how the enemy spawns and the likely play.

If you see a DD in left side early you should not be certain that the other is in east.

Only restriction for me is that CV is not placed in front in the spawn area for the teams.

It is up to each game to involve in a lemming train or not.

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,111 posts
4,222 battles

If something must be corrected on DD spawns, it's when the DD is in division with BB and it spawns in the back line close to its BBs friends ...

• Cool 1

Players
432 posts
6,448 battles

No NO NO

Why?

Because you should never be certain on how the enemy spawns and the likely play.

If you see a DD in left side early you should not be certain that the other is in east.

Only restriction for me is that CV is not placed in front in the spawn area for the teams.

It is up to each game to involve in a lemming train or not.

Not in my experiences, its up to if there goes a DD to both sides or not. All DDs to one side = Lemmingtrain. How hard can it be to spread out their starting positions?

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Thats all

Agreed.

I had BBabies complain I went to the other flank because both our DD's spawned there and no one was coming to our side.... like I would take my Donskoi and go spot for them :rolleyes:

edit: before BBabies get their knickers in a twitch or something, I got no issues hanging around the BB's and helping them with my radar against DD's but these BBabies actually pinged the map 10-15km in front of them and said I should go spot there :facepalm:

Well... how about nope.gif followed by a kkthxbai.gif. 

Edited by mtm78
  • Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,561 battles

Not in my experiences, its up to if there goes a DD to both sides or not. All DDs to one side = Lemmingtrain. How hard can it be to spread out their starting positions?

we have to agree to disagree on this Point, I want the composition in spawn to be as unpredictable as possible, of course not 5 DDS uttermost left but I want it to be uncertain for the enemy how the spawn is.

Players
432 posts
6,448 battles

we have to agree to disagree on this Point, I want the composition in spawn to be as unpredictable as possible, of course not 5 DDS uttermost left but I want it to be uncertain for the enemy how the spawn is.

If you make it random, the team with both (or more) DDs at one flank starts with a huge disadvantage. Mainly, not being able to contest one side of the map, while the enemy who has DDs on both sides can

Weekend Tester
541 posts
4,965 battles

I think all DDs should spawn with their engines set to "Full", as an AFK or hesitant DD can most certainly contribute to the loss of a game...

• Cool 1

[OLDG]
Players
309 posts
5,805 battles

Thats all

Don't they already do this, unless they are in a division?

Players
104 posts
2,470 battles

No. MM tends to do it, but it is by no means certain. What is annoying, though, is when one or two non-division DD's spawn right next to a DD division. The lack of spotting on the non-DD side usually is a death sentence for anyone spawned there.

• Cool 1

[IRQ]
Players
2,731 posts
6,638 battles

I like the idea. As a DD player, I really don't like starting at the far end of the map next to the only other DD on the team. It's just a disadvantage to start with. Happens most often in Hotspot.

I think all DDs should spawn with their engines set to "Full", as an AFK or hesitant DD can most certainly contribute to the loss of a game...

I wouldn't mind that. It's not like you don't put the engine to full every match before it starts anyway... The only problem is if you're thrown out of the game for one or other reason (game isn't completely stable, even without mods), and you venture far into the map while not being able to do anything. Then again, if you actually lose connection, it should stop the engine as usual.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester
672 posts
4,821 battles

Its Warburton-Lee , a English Destroyer captain during WW2. Quite famous

Ah! So not a relative or a submariner. No wonder I didn't know. Thx for replying shippers :great:

Players
503 posts
1,785 battles

Wouldn't it make more sense to post this in the "Questions of the Community" thread? The questions are all supposedly forwarded to the devs and then they choose which to respond to (which would at least in theory guarantee them to see it), while here in the forums it might get lost. 

I do agree with your suggestion, it would only improve DD gameplay imo. Though I think we'd still have a fair share of lemming trains.

The main reason they happen (in my experience) is that no one wants to risk meeting a superior numbers so when they see a couple of ships going one way, they follow and then it just snowballs from there. No one wants to be with the smaller force :sceptic:

Edited by CleverViking

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

The main reason they happen (in my experience) is that no one wants to risk meeting a superior numbers so when they see a couple of ships going one way, they follow and then it just snowballs from there. 

And guess who's job it is to get this initial scouting info ( in absence of a CV in game )?

No one wants to be with the smaller force :sceptic:

No one with a brain would choose to head on engage a superior force unneeded. Which brings it back to initial scouting.

Players
503 posts
1,785 battles

No one with a brain would choose to head on engage a superior force unneeded. Which brings it back to initial scouting.

Yes, but people will also lemming train regardless if there is a DD heading to another cap. I've been alone on going to one cap save for one brave CA on Two Brothers on domination. At that point you just say: "screw it, let's lemming it up" we'll likely lose anyway. (even more fun when the lemming train fails to cap on their side or just decides to chill out if they do cap)

[IRQ]
Players
2,731 posts
6,638 battles

Once started on Estuary on the north west spawn, with no DD there (forgot if we only had one, or if both were on the east, maybe in a division). Everyone abandoned that side, so I was the only defender there. Luckily, they actually pushed and managed to cap, while I, in Bismarck, held off a bunch of battleships and cruisers for long enough so we could cap. This is fairly common if you have a lopsided DD spawn, especially on such a divided map.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Yes, but people will also lemming train regardless if there is a DD heading to another cap. I've been alone on going to one cap save for one brave CA on Two Brothers on domination. At that point you just say: "screw it, let's lemming it up" we'll likely lose anyway. (even more fun when the lemming train fails to cap on their side or just decides to chill out if they do cap)

The fact that it CAN happen isn't the same as it happening always. 

Having DD's all going for one flank greatly increases the odds of it happening though. 

• Cool 1

[IRQ]
Players
2,731 posts
6,638 battles

The only way for a lemming train to work is to go full lemming. You've got the force of your entire team. Use it aggressively. If you don't, you lose. One or two ships can try to slow the opponents down on the other side.

Players
406 posts
4,215 battles

I've always wondered about this and I agree. I've seen three DDs on one side of the map and it promotes lemming training and leaves one flank in question and is really terrible for gameplay.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

If he is famous he is British not Welsh, I learned this from Clarkson himself :trollface: 

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this