You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
albinbino

Funny and sad game situations shown with map screenshots.

1,677 comments in this topic

[CG]
Players
57 posts
7,690 battles

Interesting. I am trying to learn how to play and position myself in a CV, so I eagerly read all I can about these things.

And I have a question: If you follow the best AA ships around, and move with the fleet, won't it bring you in range of fire from the enemy fleet?

A CV that pops up over the horizon, tends to get focus fired very quickly!

You shadow them, not sail with them, anything that can detect me would need to be almost point blank with the rest of the fleet.

As a rough guide I try to stay about a cap width and a half behind the push, if it looks like it will collapse I have time to turn away. Has the added benefit of reducing the flight time to and from strikes.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,543 posts
2,748 battles

You shadow them, not sail with them, anything that can detect me would need to be almost point blank with the rest of the fleet.

As a rough guide I try to stay about a cap width and a half behind the push, if it looks like it will collapse I have time to turn away. Has the added benefit of reducing the flight time to and from strikes.

Thanks! :great:

[SCRUB]
Players
3,617 posts
12,062 battles

The lack of brain cells was obvious with this New Mexico player...

3 minutes into the battle:

0vv9ZBW.jpg

5 minutes into the battle:

4LZJsID.jpg

7 minutes into the battle:

M4SeCI2.jpg

9 minutes into the battle:

gYxgvaP.jpg

12 minutes into the battle:

(near the NE fort)

AS9xfzo.jpg

Eventually he died without any contribution to the battle. And he was complaining that this mode is too hard. :facepalm:

MMsVGu7.jpg

[THESO]
[THESO]
2,053 posts
6,936 battles

Guys... while it comes to this.. Can I ask a question?

New for the Wows.. came from Wot.. (boring and frustrating as hell in the last couple months.. and may be I need a break after 17K matches..)

The problem I cannot understand here is a lot like the cases you shown here on this thread..

Mostly the BBs but sometimes Cruisers..

They commit to one point.. and go there.. never turn around, never change course..

your base falls, they continue to push to the other flank..

enemy starts capping, you scream in chat "COME AND HELP THEY ARE HERE" and sweating through your eyes while dodging shells and trying to reset the cap..

4 BB and 2 Cruisers chase 2 low health BBs and 1 CV on the other flank..

They commit to one point at start.. they even dont turn back when they see they are all alone on the flank.. and say "Noob team, help me"

I really cannot understand.. this is a far worse situation than in WOT..

I am playing mostly tier 4 and 5 lately.. and have two questions..

why most of the people, try to stay at the border of their range? and never even try to change flanks.. (it is like, If they push their flank they will win even though the team loses)

and is it same as this on the higher tiers..

because I tried DDs.. I loved them but they are a little bit though for me now.. Like LTs in wot.. I started playing and enjoying LTs later in my wot life..

I tried BBs.. loved their damage and deleting potential.. but I hated the mobility.. I dont like to play some floating metal bunkers which can be burned and punched easily..

Then I found my love in Cruisers..

But as If seen to me, at least %50 of the players either,

1) doesnt know their role on the game..

2) or doesnt want to do their role on the game..

and after seing this.. trying your [edited]of while knowing almost nothing about the game (thats me) to help the team here and there.. doesnt makes any sense..

so I go back to camp, and try to find opportunity shots.. then that becomes boring...

I am really confused about that..

Because If it goes like this.. I am gonna stop having fun after I've learned more..

then fun to no fun, and no fun turns into rage.. like I had in WOT..

But the grinds are much longer here..

is it worth?

Edited by Excavatus

[JRM]
Players
662 posts
11,026 battles

Guys... while it comes to this.. Can I ask a question?

New for the Wows.. came from Wot.. (boring and frustrating as hell in the last couple months.. and may be I need a break after 17K matches..)

The problem I cannot understand here is a lot like the cases you shown here on this thread..

Mostly the BBs but sometimes Cruisers..

They commit to one point.. and go there.. never turn around, never change course..

your base falls, they continue to push to the other flank..

enemy starts capping, you scream in chat "COME AND HELP THEY ARE HERE" and sweating through your eyes while dodging shells and trying to reset the cap..

4 BB and 2 Cruisers chase 2 low health BBs and 1 CV on the other flank..

They commit to one point at start.. they even dont turn back when they see they are all alone on the flank.. and say "Noob team, help me"

I really cannot understand.. this is a far worse situation than in WOT..

I am playing mostly tier 4 and 5 lately.. and have two questions..

why most of the people, try to stay at the border of their range? and never even try to change flanks.. (it is like, If they push their flank they will win even though the team loses)

and is it same as this on the higher tiers..

because I tried DDs.. I loved them but they are a little bit though for me now.. Like LTs in wot.. I started playing and enjoying LTs later in my wot life..

I tried BBs.. loved their damage and deleting potential.. but I hated the mobility.. I dont like to play some floating metal bunkers which can be burned and punched easily..

Then I found my love in Cruisers..

But as If seen to me, at least %50 of the players either,

1) doesnt know their role on the game..

2) or doesnt want to do their role on the game..

and after seing this.. trying your [edited]of while knowing almost nothing about the game (thats me) to help the team here and there.. doesnt makes any sense..

so I go back to camp, and try to find opportunity shots.. then that becomes boring...

I am really confused about that..

Because If it goes like this.. I am gonna stop having fun after I've learned more..

then fun to no fun, and no fun turns into rage.. like I had in WOT..

But the grinds are much longer here..

is it worth?

Let me be honest, the grind is worth it. Higher tier battles are more reasonable because players eventually learn the maps and where to go, desire for win is higher and players tend to play more carefully and are more aware of situation around them (helping the team, pushing the caps etc). If in this game i was forced to only play tier 4 and 5 battles i would soon uninstalled. I recommend you grinding Russian cruiser line up to tier 8, very reliable ships, you will have intense and eventful battles and economy at that tier is still easy and acceptable.  Now obviously in this thread you can see even in high tiers there are brain dead situations, but overall the battles at higher tiers are far more and often more meaningful then not. If it was not like this i would not have been heaving 6.7 k battles so far in this game.

[JRM]
Players
662 posts
11,026 battles

The lack of brain cells was obvious with this New Mexico player...

3 minutes into the battle:

0vv9ZBW.jpg

5 minutes into the battle:

4LZJsID.jpg

7 minutes into the battle:

M4SeCI2.jpg

9 minutes into the battle:

gYxgvaP.jpg

12 minutes into the battle:

(near the NE fort)

AS9xfzo.jpg

Eventually he died without any contribution to the battle. And he was complaining that this mode is too hard. :facepalm:

MMsVGu7.jpg

Maybe the brain stroke hit him just after the battle started. :)

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,972 battles

czhuoAs.jpg

It's so common I don't even take pictures of it. :D

Other favourite on this map: whole team on B8-9 hiding behind that tiny island XD

Players
339 posts
2,680 battles

Me too. Funny when pointed out and when you are not playing yourself, but it happens so often I'm not even bothering anymore to take screenshots.

Gosh, it's only a game. Take the bull by the horns!

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,307 posts
16,490 battles

cv_cap.png

A Nagato in front of me literally sailed around A cap on a clear flank with just the enemy CV remaining.

So I had to cap in a CV.

Worst thing is, we were actually losing by ~200 points with the enemy already at over 900. Thankfully my other teammates managed to get the other caps in time and I was able to snipe the enemy Lex.

(Sadly neglected to take a screenshot during the match)

Edited by El2aZeR
  • Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,351 posts
11,997 battles

@Excavatus. Nice to see. Welcome. In fact I've done it recently the other way around. Still looking in awe to the absolute noobking of wot. That's how experienced I am. What I found already the tanks are much more mobile and quicker to respond. Especially in the lower tiers the us BB's are real slow. So if you pick a corner you're more or less stuck on it. I've found myself sailing uselessly while the action was on the other side. Also there's focus fire. I figure that will be with wot as well. Only here you're focused by ships with multiple guns and unlimited ammo... So you don't want to rush in like a maniac either. This is the thin red line in wows. And positioning is taking a lot of planning ahead. Oh: and grow an OCD for the minimap!

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,648 posts
8,132 battles

shot170618180c7tbmkjw.jpg

No comment as it is self explanatory what happened here......

[DMOK]
Players
506 posts
23,127 battles

hey wait he got hidden Yamato guns they will Pop up from the sides and rocket launchers on deck . And then the deadly Samurais will board the ships and kill all .

LOL LOL . Sorry just had to...

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,972 battles

I just have to... It was so annoying... He kept whining all the time...

678shot_17.06.20_20.02.36.jpg

Let me tell you his route: Started around I6. Went J line. At J1-2 turned around in a big circle. It is his final position at the end of battle.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,617 posts
12,062 battles

3 Cruisers just sitting still (or sailing in circles) in A7-A8-A9.

Because "this is where the extraction point is". :facepalm:

Of course the extraction point was at D1.

With 7 minutes of battle time left we (the 4 ships in the haven) had destroyed all targets there.

FYI: the third wave of reinforcements had already spawned and we still had to destroy some on-shore targets. :sceptic:

With 20 seconds of battle time left we reached the extraction zone.

Calculated. :coin:

fy04237.jpg

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,972 battles

I bring you some food to carry on. I won't give commentary to them cos they speak for themelves.

198lolz.jpg

This thing:

424no_words.jpg

[SCRUB]
Players
3,617 posts
12,062 battles

---------- PvE Operation Killer Whale

Little more than 6 minutes left and we still had to sink a ship in the harbour. :Smile_facepalm:

GDDhG9q.jpg

Can you find our CV on the map?

Now look where the extraction point is. :Smile_facepalm:

fT0xgjJ.jpg

---------- Random Battles (not much better)

The typical BB morons sniping from spawn; letting Cruisers and Destroyers tank damage for them.

kUzCDbD.jpg

And a typical scenario on Trap.

Team calls A + B, but everyone just goes to A and just sits their.

M9Vqmmf.jpg

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Players
2,260 posts
11,027 battles

7 hours ago, lup3s said:

And a typical scenario on Trap.

Team calls A + B, but everyone just goes to A and just si

Yup, some maps always seem to attract the same sh1te.

This on Okinawa today, should look somewhat familiar though quite a massive variation. Entire friendly team minus three sails towards and around A (can't try to cap it with so few people now, can we?...) only to be joined by even more of the enemy team there, so they can have their idiot slugfest.

In the mean time I (zao) can cap C, div mate (moskva) can cap B with kagero. Much respect for this kagero by the way, he immediately started (tried to) capping B, even though seeing barely support & being targeted by enemy essex at least three times, without any support of our carrier whatsoever (who preferred to send his planes at the enemy gathered fleet)

Despite winning, it was quite annoying because in the end I had very low damage (about 70k i  think), for the idiots mostly had killed each other and by then the red survivors all had crawled into A1...

1zdfg1.png

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,613 posts
10,832 battles

Hi all,

Oh my God... :Smile_sad:

I asked team at the start:

"B & C please!"

"Team that goes to A usually loses because you can't support other CAPs from there for significant amount of time!"

YPLbkER.jpg

And still... 7 ships went to "A"... look at the position of the just killed "Yorck" (one our ship died in the center of "A" 1 minute before) and the 5 other ships are behind islands in "A"... :Smile-angry:

I contested "B" with my BB and managed to fight for another 5+ minutes... valiantly died against overwhelming odds... :Smile_izmena:

The ships that went to "A" took further 5 minutes to capture it (so it took 7 ships around 13 minutes for "A" capture)... we, of course, lost... :Smile-angry:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 2

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,307 posts
16,490 battles
Spoiler

worldofwarships_2017_06_30_23_00_38_399.

I have no words.

(the guys who took C turned around back into spawn instead of into B, which is probably the only reason why I did not get a cap as well)

[BS4]
Players
1,094 posts
6,164 battles

you know its occurred to me for a while now (looking at the above examples) that the amount of islands we have on most maps these days is waaaay to much. WG at some point a while back just went island crazy.... It encourages bad positioning and way to much hiding behind them. The spotting mechanics seems delayed at times too when someone re appears from behind an island.  I think people who don't understand tactical positioning just become even more confused on where to go sometimes.:fish_nerv: I count 20 islands here. just a thought....

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 0:55 AM, PzychoPanzer said:

There is a lot of "questionable positioning" on all maps, though Haven seems to be the Idiots' heaven 

A few games ago

(I was in schors so long dead)

The other ones very healthy (duh)

14llxch.png