Sign in to follow this  
Invictus_Antagonistes

New a new BB, thoughts?

8 comments in this topic

Players
58 posts
2,633 battles

Hey all, 

So after spending many happy hours in my Scharnhorst and Fuso (and to a lesser degree my North Carolina) I feel the time has come to unlock and rock a new battleship. Currently I'm toying with the Iowa as I've already researched it and the first hull upgrade but I sold it a while back as it felt off, but with 0.6.1 (whatever we're up to) I'm tempted to try it again but not sure if how she plays in the current patch. That would leave me ok'ish for money about 10mil left. 

Second option is to grind the last 40k xp on the Nagato and unlock the beautiful glass cannon that is the Amagi, had her on an old account and she was a beast who loved eating cruisers for breakfast but yeah couldn't take hits to save her life. All I could just save 350k free xp and unlock the Bismarck for the secondary fun those guys have. So thoughts...

Players
669 posts
7,898 battles

Second option is to grind the last 40k xp on the Nagato and unlock the beautiful glass cannon that is the Amagi, had her on an old account and she was a beast who loved eating cruisers for breakfast but yeah couldn't take hits to save her life. All I could just save 350k free xp and unlock the Bismarck for the secondary fun those guys have. So thoughts...

I think that at some point Amagi armor got changed, she is rather durable this days.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,835 posts
4,190 battles

Amagi has a very low down citadel and can angle like a boss with her turret positions. She has spectacular firepower, and I would say she is the best counter to Bismarck in the current meta. That would be my pick, although I haven't played Iowa for comparison. Amagi is just solid all-round and gorgeous on top of that.

Players
669 posts
7,898 battles

. Amagi is just solid all-round and gorgeous on top of that.

I do agree, Amagi is hands down the best looking ship in Wows.
Edited by mariouus

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles

Hey all, 

So after spending many happy hours in my Scharnhorst and Fuso (and to a lesser degree my North Carolina) I feel the time has come to unlock and rock a new battleship. Currently I'm toying with the Iowa as I've already researched it and the first hull upgrade but I sold it a while back as it felt off, but with 0.6.1 (whatever we're up to) I'm tempted to try it again but not sure if how she plays in the current patch. That would leave me ok'ish for money about 10mil left. 

Might not be very helpful but... get all of them! Save the free XP though, if you have that much free XP you may as well save for the Missouri. But yes, all the BB lines are good and you should go up them all!

I hated my Iowa at first, then I tried redistributing my skill points on my captain and going for a stealth build (was previously AA build) and now I love it, try that if you haven't already.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,790 battles

Amagi has a very low down citadel and can angle like a boss with her turret positions. She has spectacular firepower, and I would say she is the best counter to Bismarck in the current meta. That would be my pick, although I haven't played Iowa for comparison. Amagi is just solid all-round and gorgeous on top of that.

​Iowa is T9 not 8 a bad comparison NC had a lowered cit as well but all or nothing armor. Iowas cit is above the waterline you Show broadside you get punied hard. NC in comparison can take hits better thogh Iowas guns feell less slugish. All 400ish Shells hit pretty hard thogh. Think Amagi thease days has Turtleback armor. Thogh even if you dont take cits in only slightly angled Situation all T8 BBs can take masiv damge withn normal pens.
Edited by Spellfire40

[GUNUP]
Beta Tester
279 posts
2,086 battles

I think I'd wait for the British line before I made any solid decisions :trollface: ..right now, Bismarck is pretty damned strong in close quarters, and I'm having great fun in Nagato despite only having unlocked her yesterday and having had a grand total of three (!) battles in her. Unfortunately I can't say anything about the USN BBs, since I only have Arkansas B, Texas, and Arizona.

[OSC]
Players
2,731 posts
10,257 battles

Amagi is my favourite BB tier for tier.

Amazing guns, quite stealthy (13km detection when full stealth build), fast, turns like a champ and can tank a lot when angled.

What people tend to forget is that she isn't supposed to be played like lets say Izumo, just sitting bow on and taking shots, but using your speed and dance around the battlefield dodging most of the shells comming your way. All of a sudden, you can survive insane amount of focus fire, because most of the shells will miss you anyway.

Sign in to follow this