You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lord_WC

Could you please prohibit pinks to queue ranked?

67 comments in this topic

[QUCA]
Weekend Tester
936 posts
4,201 battles

As per title.

Thought what the heck, I'll try ranked this year. I was prepared for the elo hell so it's okay. What I was not prepared for is having to deal with people that queue for a ranked, torp a teammate then go afk. And all of them were pink initially so if I had to take a wild guess they did this multiple times. So yeah, don't let them queue ranked maybe? Thanks.

• Cool 1

[JPF]
Players
95 posts
1,274 battles

I had quite a few ranked battles yesterday with pink players - none of them did any team damage deliberately.

You were unlucky, and that only means one thing: That you had bad luck. Not that the system is flawed.

[QUCA]
Weekend Tester
936 posts
4,201 battles

Pinks happen.

But taking Kiev or Yorck to ranked should be forbidden :teethhappy:

Had a ranger also. I can't believe he wasn't trolling.

[QUCA]
Weekend Tester
936 posts
4,201 battles

I had quite a few ranked battles yesterday with pink players - none of them did any team damage deliberately.

You were unlucky, and that only means one thing: That you had bad luck. Not that the system is flawed.

Hitting your pinky toe on a corner is bad luck. Having griefing people in team is not bad luck, that's something perfectly avoidable. Wanna play ranked? Don't be pink. So easy.
Edited by Lord_WC

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,239 battles

Personally I have always thought that if you are pink you should work it off in PvE.

• Cool 11

[QUCA]
Weekend Tester
936 posts
4,201 battles

Personally i have always thought that if you are pink you should work it off in PvE.

Very good idea.

• Cool 2

Players
3,041 posts
3,645 battles

Personally i have always thought that if you are pink you should work it off in PvE.

I agree.

#unpopularopinionsquad!

[JPF]
Players
95 posts
1,274 battles

Hitting your pinky toe on a corner is bad luck. Having griefing people in team is not bad luck, that's something perfectly avoidable. Wanna play ranked? Don't be pink. So easy.

Being pink doesn't equal griefing people in ranked. It can be the case, but it can also be the opposite. We had two different experiences with pink players, so yes - it's a question of bad luck.
Edited by PedeNuts

Beta Tester
545 posts
4,184 battles

Pinks happen.

But taking Kiev or Yorck to ranked should be forbidden :teethhappy:

Kiev is only DD that can counter Belfast good - for sure It won't be in smoke static when Belfast power up radar and you will hit him very hard on 12+km with speed of 43kn or more with your shell arc and speed on Belfast ;)

On the other hand Schorsh will eat you in a sec :)

Edited by VooDooZG

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,686 posts
9,234 battles

This thread is stupid, accidents happen.

I happen to be pink at the moment because a 7km, 50 knot torpedo is very slow, and a friendly destroyer 3km away and well ahead of you doing a 180 turn is always a possibility.

Doesn't mean I can't be useful in ranked.

• Cool 1

Players
1,011 posts
10,311 battles

Personally I have always thought that if you are pink you should work it off in PvE.

Personally I am glad your thoughts dont matter. You people assume that everybody goes pink on purpose.

[QUCA]
Weekend Tester
936 posts
4,201 battles

I happen to be pink at the moment because a 7km, 50 knot torpedo is very slow, and a friendly destroyer 3km away and well ahead of you doing a 180 turn is always a possibility.

You don't get pink from only one instance of mistakenly killing a friendly with torps though. (Or at least that wasn't the case when I hit someone with my torps about 300 matches ago - so the system has a threshold.)

Personally I am glad your thoughts dont matter. You people assume that everybody goes pink on purpose.

The problem is with the result. You messed up someone else's game - either by mistake or intentionally. If that continues to happen you get pink. The reason doesn't matter but someone that is absolutely innocent in the matter is having a bad time because of you and only you.

Edited by Lord_WC
  • Cool 1

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
976 posts
10,905 battles

You don't get pink from only one instance of mistakenly killing a friendly with torps though. (Or at least that wasn't the case when I hit someone with my torps about 300 matches ago - so the system has a threshold.)

Yes you do. If you hit a friendly with a torp and he survives there's a good chance you won't turn pink. If, however, you inadvertently kill a friendly, even if he only has 10HP at the time, you will turn pink.

Also if pink players are shooting at friendlies the damage gets reflected to themselves.

I had a Cleveland shooting at me whilst in a BB the other day. After a couple of shots he turned pink. Unfortunately for him he also set a fire. I watched with mild amusement as, with each tick of fire damage, pink numbers rose above his ship and his health went down. I was almost full health at the start of the incident so I patiently waited for his HP to reduce to 0 then repaired all the fire damage.

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
976 posts
10,905 battles

Kiev is only DD that can counter Belfast good - for sure It won't be in smoke static when Belfast power up radar and you will hit him very hard on 12+km with speed of 43kn or more with your shell arc and speed on Belfast ;)

On the other hand Schorsh will eat you in a sec :)

You underestimate the stupidity of you fellow man. I have killed several Kievs in ranked that have done exactly this. Just because it is not a good idea to play a certain ship a certain way it doesn't mean that people won't.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,239 battles

Anyone who goes pink deserves derision because there is no excuse for team damage.  Ever.  You are always in the wrong no matter what.

I know it is hard when you feel the game is there just for you, but don't shoot allied ships.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,239 battles

Don't shoot when friendlies are between you and the enemy.

Players
1,011 posts
10,311 battles

Anyone who goes pink deserves derision because there is no excuse for team damage.  Ever.  You are always in the wrong no matter what.

I know it is hard when you feel the game is there just for you, but don't shoot allied ships.

you would make an excellent religious fanatic with that kind of thinking.
  • Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players
963 posts
7,749 battles

Pinks are generally fine. 

Prohibiting Pay to Win Premium ships from playing ranked on the other hand...I could get behind.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,686 posts
9,234 battles

Yes you do.

Single torpedo, 3k damage, didn't even kill the guy.

The only previous team damage was the occasional 20 or-so ram damage in the day, and someone who brushed up against me in smoke and got hit by one HE shell a few day prior.

That's less than 4k damage of team damage in a month, and somehow warrants a teamkiller status.

Don't shoot when friendlies are between you and the enemy.

And I apologized to the person, seeing as I didn't think it possible for a friendly well AHEAD of me, only 3km away to do a full 180 degree turn and get hit by a torpedo salvo.

But hey, apparently small mistakes are not allowed and here is no middle ground.

You're either not pink, or you're a huge teamkilling scumbag who wants to kill his entire team and deserves to only play PvE.

A binary thoguht process I would only attribute to school children and the naive riding high horses.

[QUCA]
Weekend Tester
936 posts
4,201 battles

Yes you do.

The only previous team damage was the occasional 20 or-so ram damage in the day, and someone who brushed up against me in smoke and got hit by one HE shell a few day prior.

That's less than 4k damage of team damage in a month, and somehow warrants a teamkiller status.

Unless it was changed recently than I have a hard time believing that. That instance I torped a friendly by mistake (entirely my fault, wasn't paying attention when trying to torp something from close distance and he got into my firing line) and he died from about 60% hp. Never got pink from it. Granted I don't even have those 20 hp brushes you mention, and that was my only team damage ever.

It's also not a 'small mistake'. You killed a friendly. That's basically equivalent of going afk.

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,239 battles

you would make an excellent religious fanatic with that kind of thinking.

I know who is in the wrong. Don't shoot allied ships and you can't be in the wrong.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,239 battles

Yes you do.

And I apologized to the person, seeing as I didn't think it possible for a friendly well AHEAD of me, only 3km away to do a full 180 degree turn and get hit by a torpedo salvo.

But hey, apparently small mistakes are not allowed and here is no middle ground.

You're either not pink, or you're a huge teamkilling scumbag who wants to kill his entire team and deserves to only play PvE.

A binary thoguht process I would only attribute to school children and the naive riding high horses.

Please stick the strawman up your arse along with your indignation.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,686 posts
9,234 battles

Please stick the strawman up your arse along with your indignation.

It's not a strawman.

You have two modes of thinking : either you're white and innocent, or you're pink and a teamkilling menace for at the very least 6 matches.

That's binary and by extension childish and extremely arrogant.

It cannot occur to you that someone pink is a completely regular person who might have made one single mistake.

I know who is in the wrong. Don't shoot allied ships and you can't be in the wrong.

THAT'S a strawman.

Changing the subject from your thought process to a morale superiority over someon's mistake.

Unless it was changed recently than I have a hard time believing that. That instance I torped a friendly by mistake (entirely my fault, wasn't paying attention when trying to torp something from close distance and he got into my firing line) and he died from about 60% hp. Never got pink from it. Granted I don't even have those 20 hp brushes you mention, and that was my only team damage ever.

It's also not a 'small mistake'. You killed a friendly. That's basically equivalent of going afk.

Exocet6951

Yes you do.
Single torpedo, 3k damage, didn't even kill the guy.

At least have the decency of reading.
Also, I don't really give a damn if you believe me or not.

Players
587 posts
5,313 battles

Best counter for Belfast - and in general for this season's whole everybody-sat-in-smoke meta, at least at rank ~10, seems to be Shiratsuyu. 16 torps in the space of a Belfast smoke = "DODGE THIS" :-)

I thought this ship would be uncompetetive, with her low speed and inability to knife-fight with other DDs, but at least at modest ranks she's been my most successful by far, almost entirely because of torping people in smoke.

Edited by _Flyto_