Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

Super containers - What to expect

43 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
2,721 posts
7,329 battles

Just got a SC after looong time and it had a engine boost mod 1 that I can sell for 600k.

I mean why ... did WG open this inventory, so that we will have to sell our rewards like a damn merchant?

I liked the flags more ... 100 of random flags (yes wg, random) in SC was useful ... this is not. When you get a SC you cant choose what type of reward to take. 

I dont like where this is going ... plus the feeling of getting something up ya after tying for months. Not to even mention the possibility of a ship in a crate. Those are myths to me.

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,781 battles

I expect nothing every time a container drops. That way I'm never disappointed :sleep_fish:

• Cool 8

[T-N-T]
Players
287 posts
4,997 battles

Better question is what do you expect? Having SC every week, gaining prem ship every month? Looks like lot of people do...if they say there is little chance, it means there is little chance. They are not giving us ships for free. Its not meant as source of credits and flags and so on. Its more like little lotery. If you like flags, go for containers with flags. Otherwise its better to not have high expectations, its bonus, nothing more. All in all you get 600k credits for just doing what you'd do anyway, thats pretty good for me.

• Cool 1

Players
4,154 posts
9,221 battles

yeah but before those new "downgrades" rewards from supercontainers were more or less SUPER , now they are just disappointing  . You get one SC after 3 months and you get downgrade worth 500k , yay

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,752 posts
10,653 battles

I think the upgrades are the most common type of reward now. Although it's hard to tell since the people who get some actual loot rather than this crap are less likely to comment on Forums...

Either way, feel free to vote and comment if you didn't already ;) 

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/74205-whats-your-opinion-of-the-new-upgrades-as-well-as-current-ways-of-obtaining-them/

Not that I expect actual WG employees to read this not to mention passing it to people who decide such things (supercontainer loot is probably a global, not EU thing)...

Players
356 posts
3,077 battles

Better question is what do you expect? Having SC every week, gaining prem ship every month? Looks like lot of people do...if they say there is little chance, it means there is little chance. They are not giving us ships for free. Its not meant as source of credits and flags and so on. Its more like little lotery. If you like flags, go for containers with flags. Otherwise its better to not have high expectations, its bonus, nothing more. All in all you get 600k credits for just doing what you'd do anyway, thats pretty good for me.

jaeh thats all fine but if the BIG PRICE at the lottery is GARBAGE then it feels sad ... i not even wanna have a sc anymore ... shitty modules

Beta Tester
1,962 posts
2,145 battles

Me, I'm mostly a bit miffed that they lowered the normal SC output from 5 to 4 flags.

But also feel like a twit when complaining about getting free stuff... so I guess that makes me a miffed twit.

Gotta get back to some positive thinking here!

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,414 posts
5,069 battles

I think WG found out people were buying less flags since the normal player earns quite a lot of them during containers.

Thats why they reduced them by 20% in Try Your Luck-thingy (from 5 om 4).

Plus replacing some (?) contents by this stupid stuff that a lot less players will count worthy. I do not.

For me its just a nerf that WG wants to sell as an improvement.

Beta Tester
2,202 posts
8,849 battles

Just got the engine boost from ranked and it is GREAT. 

3min boost without having to give up a super useful slot.  

The other ones are just on too useful slots to be any good (except hydro-boost on a german DD maybe). 

What I don't like about SC is that the signal+camo will get you silly useless kinds of camo that are simply inferior. 

[PMI]
Players
2,295 posts
5,452 battles

Maybe all the negative moaners should get together and organise another petition to try to force WG to stop giving away free stuff. :sceptic:

See, if you lack reading comprehension, you should not wander forums...

Super containers are not "super" any more, that is the gist of it, now, what words do you not understand from that last sentence?

• Cool 1

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,306 posts
9,063 battles

Maybe all the negative moaners should get together and organise another petition to try to force WG to stop giving away free stuff. :sceptic:

'Free' is such a loaded word. This fish got away :P

[-TXG-]
Players
2,352 posts

See, if you lack reading comprehension, you should not wander forums...

Super containers are not "super" any more, that is the gist of it, now, what words do you not understand from that last sentence?

Who says so? some may not be to your liking but just in the last couple of days on TS I have heard three opened, all good including one a ship and another with 100 dragon flags. 

Judging SC's on a few serial moaners not getting a top surprise each and every time lacks understanding if anything does. 

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,752 posts
10,653 battles

Who says so? some may not be to your liking but just in the last couple of days on TS I have heard three opened, all good including one a ship and another with 100 dragon flags. 

Judging SC's on a few serial moaners not getting a top surprise each and every time lacks understanding if anything does. 

You don't get it to the extent that's mind-boggling. And it's not even about the fact that your anecdotal evidence is in absolutely no way superior to anecdotal evidence coming from "a few serial moaners" (btw, feel free to vote here, don't let the few moaners create false impression that community is not happy with new upgrades and/or how they're handled http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/74205-your-opinion-on-the-new-upgrades-as-well-as-current-ways-of-obtaining-them/ ).

The actual problems lies elsewhere than you claim we see it. I, for one, don't even think the chance for real (non-upgrade) SC drops really dropped (especially in a significant way). The same patch that introduced upgrades increased (by half) the chance of getting an SC in the first place. I don't think new upgrades make up for more than 1/3 of total drops (my bet would be that they constitute exactly 1/3), so we didn't lose the chance for something else (apart from eliminated signals). If WG instead just included a second type of special container with 1/2 chance of drop of SC, some "upgrade container", people might even be glad because the upgrades are, at worst, a 600k credit containers - that's actually a pretty nice drop for a normal container and many people seem to be low on credits.

The problem is - 600k credits is just not a SUPERcontainer. It doesn't compare with SC rewards, even these less impressive. And people who actually received the SC, open it and see that, nope, it's not a real supercontainer, just a cheap substitute with something completely useless that doesn't even have a great sale value... It's just extremely disappointing, especially for people who pick TYL containers, actively trying and making sacrifice to hit SC more often. And then the SC they thought they finally got (usually after a month or so) is pretty much taken away from them.

THAT is the problem. A huge f*ck up in game design where the player hears "you got an awesome prize!" and the next moment learns that the awesome prize is anything but.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,183 posts
11,858 battles

Judging SC's is perfectly fine in case they contain super crappy stuff, which they do. Even if all the good stuff is still in and even if the new modules just have drop chances in the range of few percentage points (which we don't know) those rewards are still crap and ruin the SC for those who have those unlucky rolls.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,721 posts
7,329 battles

I am astonished how some of you people think of this.

You are actually defending them, which no, does not make you a nice guy, but a nice customer.

First of all, if they want to make a GAMBLING minigame called "try my luck" they should at least make the chance worth it.

PS:

I will only mention the shittiness by WG that captain skills distribution is not at -80% for at least a month after the update.

Certain skills like IFHE required a lot of testing (game knowledge) and we have loads of "failed" builds that we were trying out and now have to pay full price for it.

To start on I dont know why you would even charge us this ... we like earned the points .. give us a chance to use them (use builds) by a lower cost or even silver price

[MIMI]
Beta Tester
723 posts
2,861 battles

So far I gave gotten more or less useful stuff from Supercontainers, which imho is as it should be considering their rarity and that we give up quite some stuff taking TYL containers. When I also get one of those shitty 'upgrades' from a SC, I guess that was the last time I took a TYL. And yes of course it is free stuff, but when free stuff before was great and now its crap, comlaints are very justified imho...

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

The OP asks 'what to expect'

Simple answer to that really. Expect nothing, and you won't be disappointed. Get something nice/useful and it's a pleasant surprise.

• Cool 2

Players
3,542 posts
7,297 battles

The OP asks 'what to expect'

Simple answer to that really. Expect nothing, and you won't be disappointed. Get something nice/useful and it's a pleasant surprise.

When it comes to WGEU though, even if you're expecting nothing, you will still be disappointed.
  • Cool 1

[T-N-T]
Players
287 posts
4,997 battles

jaeh thats all fine but if the BIG PRICE at the lottery is GARBAGE then it feels sad ... i not even wanna have a sc anymore ... shitty modules

Big prize is premium ship. Garbage is pack of 4 flags. SC with module is fine as you can always sell it. Still cant see any problem, your expectation aside.

Beta Tester
1,962 posts
2,145 battles

The Intermittent Reward Principle

The container system operates according to the intermittent reward principle.

This principle was formulated after studying the behaviour of rats in captivity. The rats were presented with an easily-manipulated switch that, if pulled, could reward the rat with a tasty food pellet. First they tried a setting where the rat always got a pellet when it pulled the switch, and then they tried a setting where it was determined randomly whether or not a pulling of the switch dropped a pellet. Strangely enough, the rats were found to pull the switch much more frequently in the latter case.

In other words, an added uncertainty about the reward acted as a stimulant for the desired behaviour; i.e., the pulling of the switch.

I think you see where this is going... :)

/One Happy Rat

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this