Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Krikkio82

It's time for a revolution in WoWs

24 comments in this topic

[IRN]
Players
503 posts
8,875 battles

- Spotting and damage on your spotting (fair)

- Assisted on cap (CAs and BBs close to cap) (this is ptfo also)

- Damage tanked (BBs) (this is also your role)

- Shells avoided (DDs) (get focused from enemy team, avoid shells and just cut potential damage from enemy team to yours) 

- More XP for capping (also DDs are p***y sometimes, give them more reward for PTFO)

- Force damage control (fair)  

- Smoke up friendly in danger (only to defend not to offensive roles)

- No XP for kills (a kill is allready a reward, don't give more incentives to kill stealing)

Most of those are not new proposals and I tryed to be real fast, but each of theese points have an explanation. The intent here is to change the way to reward players and, this is just a hope, the way people play by give them a less selfish reward system, less kill secure only and go back in concealment, less sniping from afar, less people out of position, etc.

It's a huge change and not easy to balance but if it's true this is a team oriented game, it's time to give a team oriented reward to players way way more than now.

If a WG employ would be so kind to write here WG's point of view we will be all pleased.

Please don't go mad on this, just my opinion and stay on topic as more as possible. THX

Players
188 posts
3,803 battles

I have never really understood the concept of kill stealing. Isn't concentrated firepower one of the main parts of team play? Sure there is a possibility of someone delaying shots just to get a kill, but this is rather rare - even during missions that encourage such behavior.

[IRN]
Players
503 posts
8,875 battles

A bit more explanation would help as most of these things are already in game.

Some of those are in game but just on endgame screen and don't reward you with any XP.

Is this a revolution...? More tweaking I would say

Just no. Try to give ribbons and real XP bonus 4 this teamplay instead a endgame statistic only 4 nerds and no reward and this will be a revolution. A good one IMO

[IRN]
Players
503 posts
8,875 battles

its just a tweaks ,,,, meh i doubt this happen

When WG first introduced statistic for spotting, damage on spottin etc. they told that they was not ready yet to award players for this stuff, but they will be soon, many times is passed and this stuff is disappeared...

I have never really understood the concept of kill stealing. Isn't concentrated firepower one of the main parts of team play? Sure there is a possibility of someone delaying shots just to get a kill, but this is rather rare - even during missions that encourage such behavior.

I don't agree but i'm also sure there is a topic for this. Thx anyway
Edited by Krikkio82

[STIFF]
Players
108 posts
6,577 battles

Killstealing??? People still get their knickers in a bunch over that? I'd rather have a 2k base xp game with zero kills, then 4 kills with 800 base xp. BTW, managed to get a kraken last saturday with 35k damage, it was weird. Only 2 full health dd kills, last fire tick on a battleboat, one lucky citadel on a runaway cruiser and one AP salvo in the buddyony that killed me just before my shells landed. XP wise I was in the middle of the pack as expected.

Getting the flags was nice, but I couldn't care less if my team mates took any of those kills. They all have to die, does it really matter who got the finishing blow?

[IRN]
Players
503 posts
8,875 battles

Killstealing??? People still get their knickers in a bunch over that? I'd rather have a 2k base xp game with zero kills, then 4 kills with 800 base xp. BTW, managed to get a kraken last saturday with 35k damage, it was weird. Only 2 full health dd kills, last fire tick on a battleboat, one lucky citadel on a runaway cruiser and one AP salvo in the buddyony that killed me just before my shells landed. XP wise I was in the middle of the pack as expected.

Getting the flags was nice, but I couldn't care less if my team mates took any of those kills. They all have to die, does it really matter who got the finishing blow?

This is OT.

Pls don't answer me here, the problem IMO is people that stay in concealmet or hold fire just waithing for killshot. This is the last of WoWs problems now, just annoyng. 

Kill stealing or securing is not the topic here. I regret to wrote it.

[CATS]
Players
19,838 posts
12,377 battles

Some of those are in game but just on endgame screen and don't reward you with any XP.

But they do.

Therefore it would be nice to know what you propose exactly.

[UNICS]
Players
3,675 posts
14,441 battles
  • Extremely often finishes damaged enemies

It's my main source of XP :trollface:

I would like to see WG give time-dependent xp for contesting caps - staying inside a cap, either actively capping or just contesting with and enemy ship inside the cap. This activity should be rewarded even if it doesn't end up with a capped base. Shooting bbs from outside the cap is a piece of cake in relation...

[IRN]
Players
503 posts
8,875 battles

But they do.

Therefore it would be nice to know what you propose exactly.

Give ribbons, show to player they getting rewarded 4 teamplay action, and if it's true they allready reward this actions boost this XP gains

• Extremely often finishes damaged enemies

It's my main source of XP :trollface:

I would like to see WG give time-dependent xp for contesting caps - staying inside a cap, either actively capping or just contesting with and enemy ship inside the cap. This activity should be rewarded even if it doesn't end up with a capped base. Shooting bbs from outside the cap is a piece of cake in relation...

I do also have extremely often finishes damaged enemies, but i don't think is true, if there is a target wich I can deal more damage i usually shoot him. I focus low HP target (even if not best target) only when he is running away or I think he is dangerous for my team. 

Agreed with cap points even if cap doesn't finishes.

[UNICS]
Players
3,675 posts
14,441 battles

I do also have extremely often finishes damaged enemies, but i don't think is true, if there is a target wich I can deal more damage i usually shoot him. I focus low HP target (even if not best target) only when he is running away or I think he is dangerous for my team.

Maybe you just yet haven't embraced what your stats imply? :sceptic:

Edited by loppantorkel

Weekend Tester
1,676 posts
12,266 battles

When WG first introduced statistic for spotting, damage on spottin etc. they told that they was not ready yet to award players for this stuff, but they will be soon, many times is passed and this stuff is disappeared...

It is already introduced but not in a form of "reward" compared to old system.

What they did is to put it simply give the "old" amount of xp/credits in case a player contributes more than just dmg (i.e. spots, tanks...), while selfish damage dealers are basically penalized.

In other words while there are no "new" rewards based on those stats, there is now a punishment for selfish play.

Of course if that is enough or not is another subject :)

[IRN]
Players
503 posts
8,875 battles

It is already introduced but not in a form of "reward" compared to old system.

What they did is to put it simply give the "old" amount of xp/credits in case a player contributes more than just dmg (i.e. spots, tanks...), while selfish damage dealers are basically penalized.

In other words while there are no "new" rewards based on those stats, there is now a punishment for selfish play.

Of course if that is enough or not is another subject :)

Thx, this is a great explanation, honestly I allready knew this in part, but still I think there is so many thinks WG can do to help and teach players getting more team focused.

Ribbons are may stupid reward for us that love this game and know how to do and stay here talking about the game in a forum, but many players are oblivious of what and how to do. Ok some will never learn, but many others just need help and a ribbons telling them they are doing right can be a gamechanger !!!

Players
98 posts
2,555 battles

I tend to snipe untill the DD's are down. If I go too close I can never see them because of the invisi-fire and I don't have the sea room to manouvre in my BB when close to the cap. Not just the land but other ships in the vicinity Also, kill stealing is part of the game surely. I just look upon it as all hands to the guns and sink the enemy. As far as I can see, other people have contributed the the kill when engaged earlier with the enemy ship so I consider all fair game. I don't know how many points for the kill but I don't think it looks that much whereas good hits seem to be well rewarded. Just fed up with those pesky invisible DD's:ohmy:

Players
5 posts
292 battles

Is this a revolution...? More tweaking I would say

Everything is a revolution nowadays, like everybody you disagree with can easily fit into any required 'bad guy group' (e.g. 'racist', 'fascist').

Jokes aside, while it's nice there are incentive to perform certain actions, I have no idea what actually maximises XP gain in WoWs, and I doubt most casual players do either. Thus, any tweaking would likely not give satisfying results in terms of improved gameplay (which I'm guessing is what the OP wants).

[IRN]
Players
503 posts
8,875 battles

- Shells avoided (DDs) (get focused from enemy team, avoid shells and just cut potential damage from enemy team to yours) 

- More XP for capping (also DDs are p***y sometimes, give them more reward for PTFO)

Not a single word on those points... !?!

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

Basically I am with ColonelPete and Aikl here. Most of the points are already in the game and get rewarded (tanking, spotting,...) but on the other hand there is no real use because players will stick to their "bad habits" nonetheless (even if you throw in additional ribbons I'd say).

Regarding the "no XP for kill"... I don't really see your reason as valid. If there is no mission running which requires players to make kills, there is no "kill stealing culture" both from "victims" (which are none) and offenders (whom you might accuse of intention and nothing more). sure, once in 500 games there might be a player who complains about kill stealing but in the end there is no basis for this. Only a dead enemy is a dead enemy, no matter who shot him.

To your other points:

How do you want to determine whether a player contributes something to the cap (i.e. ptfo). Just by a certain distance? Or is it more important that he shoots enemies within a certain distance around the cap (which might also include the infamous last line snipers)? Or that he tanks damage near/in the cap? Not that it will matter anyway since this again is a point that won't make players actually change their playstyle.

This is already included in the potential damage which is rewarded.

Caps already do give a huge amount of experience. So is a buff necessary? Again: will it change how players play and if yes, will the change be positive?

Can you elaborate on this one?

This, again, will fail because of the random nature of players and because it will be hard to implement in a fair and balanced way. In what way do you want to reward the smoking DD? Experience per time unit and ship in your smoke bubble or a fixed reward for each ship which stays (at least X seconds) in your smoke? Then it is on the one hand entirely depended whether you have allies who will stay in the smoke or not and on the other hand it can be abused by divisions to give DDs/smoke cruisers a buff in their income. Next point: How do you determine whether a smoke is defensive or not? Most ships, once they get into smoke and actually want to use it, will start shooting at the next enemy in sight. so making it dependent on whether a ships shoots or not might make the whole "experience for smoking" obsolete.

Players
643 posts
6,657 battles

A bit more explanation would help as most of these things are already in game.

He could start with PTFO. No idea what that means

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

He could start with PTFO. No idea what that means

Play the [edited] objective.
Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK
  • Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,374 posts
12,045 battles

My input for your revolution

- add submarines

- make all signals purchasable

- equal costumer treatment on all servers

- make the ARP/ dragon ships sellable (I won't sell them but there are enough fans who do want to do that). And make the redundant captains dismissable for that matter

- get rid of the fixed plane setups on CV's

- either normalize the gunbloom on KM DD's or make it this crazy for every ship

- give RN cruiser players the choice: either be able to take HE with normal AP or only the special AP like it is now

- lose the [edited]-ing penetration without damage capability! Either you miss, bounce or ricochet. But I'm fed up with this BS

- fix the "key save" FFS!

• Cool 1

[WGB]
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,127 posts
27,793 battles

I am sure that XP and Credit awards for a game will change with future updates, It all takes time, in the short time WOWS has been running, much has been accomplished, some great changes and updates and some bad ideas, but we all learn from mistakes. Be Patient.

Players
643 posts
6,657 battles

Play the [edited] objective.

Ah, I couldn't get past Please To Foxtrot Oscar
Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK

Sign in to follow this