Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Allied_Winter

[PSA]To prevent any hassle with the WG customer support: Take screenshots of all your permanent premium camos! NOW

6 comments in this topic

Quality Poster
3,279 posts
8,375 battles

We all know, that WG isn't able to track all transactions that happen between the shop, the server and the player accounts (Remember the Kamikaze Free XP "bug"?). But this... ooooh boi.

Context: NA Player bought Premiumships way before premanent camouflages for premium ships were added to the game. Got his camos when 0.5.2 went live (like we all did). Currently he's missing the permanent premium camo for one premium ship (does not appear in his port under the exterior tab). He contacted support for clarification. Long story short: Support claims that they have only evidence of him buying the ship with no camo attached (because back then there was no perma camo) and can't provide him with a camo he didn't purchase (To the mods: am I getting in trouble if I post the answer of customer support directly?) despite the fact that he has evidence of his friends buying the exact same package and still are in posession of all their premium camos!

Action: So, to cover this blind spot, I'll suggest we all take a picture of our premium camos. Showing the account name and the ships in question. For a current date just play one battle and open the "recent battles result" list, which shows a date. Another option would maybe to play a battle with the ships in question and show the credits result screen with the individually named permanent camouflages.

Source: All credit to Lord_Blaze on reddit and the hassle he has to go through. LINK to reddit

Edit: And that's how proper customer management looks like:

Answer by Sub_Octavian:

Hello guys!

Every premium ship in the game currently comes with "native" permanent camo.

There is a problem with some accounts, when this camos were missing after the last updates.

We are working on fixing this, and we are definetely going to restore all your rightfully owned camos. Currently you don't need to file the support ticket, we only ask you for patience - all camos will be restored globally, during update (not later than 0.6.2).

Please take my apologies for this on behalf of DEV team. We are really sorry this is messed up, and we will repair it ASAP.

Edit II: Player will get his camo and a Krasny Krim as token for massive inconvenience. Support acknowledged the bug stated by Sub_Octavian.

Source

Greetings

Edited by Allied_Winter
  • Cool 1

[EYLIG]
WoWs Wiki Team, WoWs Wiki Team
1,791 posts
13,422 battles

Just saw the reddit-post. Quite mind-boggling how the support team seems to have picked up on this "alternative fact movement". This stubborn answers really don't look good on their résumé...

Players
653 posts
4,424 battles

Surely if he doesn't have the camo it's a pre patch ship? And even if he did have it what benefit would he receive from gaining a new and exact copy if he were trying to pull a scam?

[EYLIG]
WoWs Wiki Team, WoWs Wiki Team
1,791 posts
13,422 battles

There is one part in those screenshots that irritated me: the camo isn't listed at all. I would expect if there is no bug involved but instead he had the ship prior to 0.5.2, shouldn't there be a grayed icon for that premium camo and an option to purchase it? I never ran into that problem because so far the policy was different: all premium ships have premium camo, even those bought before the patch when they initially introduced these kind of camo.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,230 posts
7,292 battles

There is one part in those screenshots that irritated me: the camo isn't listed at all. I would expect if there is no bug involved but instead he had the ship prior to 0.5.2, shouldn't there be a grayed icon for that premium camo and an option to purchase it? I never ran into that problem because so far the policy was different: all premium ships have premium camo, even those bought before the patch when they initially introduced these kind of camo.

Yeah, I was reading that Reddit thread as well earlier today... I have bought the sims, yubari and gremmy in the same package as him during CBT (so far before 0.5.2). I definitely have the prem camo on all of them...

And normally the camo you don't have is greyed out... Super weird

It does concern me that support barely knows the game. I remember back during the smoke/situational awareness bug, I opened a ticked to WG about it. And support explained to me how situational awareness worked.... Except, they explained how it worked in WoT, i.e. that the SA icon goes away after a few seconds even though you are continuously spotted.

Anyways, in my experience it is always a good idea to make screenshots of nearly everything you do involving gold and real money...

Edited by Loran_Battle

Quality Poster
3,279 posts
8,375 battles

This getting a bit ridiculous now: Patch 0.6.1.1

Content (amonst other little things):

Fixed an issue that caused unpurchased Premium ships to be displayed without their permanent camouflage

So Support doesn't even know about that issue if it's in the upcoming Patch.... at least, this confirms the issue, would be interesting if support denies that fact also.

Edit: New customer support answer added to OP.

Greetings

Edited by Allied_Winter

Sign in to follow this