You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Just curious: how many of you finished the "Weekly Missions: Battle of Port Arthur - Stage V"?

34 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,980 posts
8,609 battles

Hi all,

Just curious: how many of you finished the "Weekly Missions: Battle of Port Arthur - Stage V"?

Mission: Battle of Port Arthur V

Restrictions:
  • Available once Battle of Port Arthur IV is complete
  • Random battles, Ranked battles
  • Once per account
  • Any Tier VI+ ship
Conditions - In a single battle:
  • Deal 105,000 damage to Battleships
  • Deal 55,000 damage to Cruisers
  • Deal 5,000 damage to Destroyers

I was close but no joy...

Leo "Apollo11"

Beta Tester
891 posts
10,666 battles

There are weekly missions :amazed:

Joke aside - if the criteria wouldn't be so astronomical, I'd consider playing for the mission rewards. But in this (and many other cases) it's just no fun, so I wouldn't even notice if WG EU scrapped these weekly missions entirely.

• Cool 2

[CSF]
Players
471 posts
4,701 battles

I am at this stage now... It seems possible in ships like Des Moines or high tier CVs... But so far no luck

[OMNI]
Beta Tester
74 posts
12,011 battles

Was a fairly easy game in the Minotaur.

This mission is incredibly ship dependent, I'd suggest RN cruisers, Yamato or a Hakuryu. While it is certainly doable in other ships they will be significantly more difficult to fulfill all three requirements at the same time.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,328 posts
5,737 battles

I didn't because ranked.  I think I could have if I had stayed at high tier randoms.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,980 posts
8,609 battles

HI all,

You actually tried to complete the mission?!

:amazed:

I never specifically try to finish the "Weekly Missions" - if it happens while in normal play then OK... :)

Leo "Apollo11"

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,127 posts
11,666 battles

That 5th mission is pretty much impossible unless you actively go looking. Unless you're a decent CV player or a T10 cruiser who's being ignored by the enemy!

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,980 posts
8,609 battles

Hi all,

That 5th mission is pretty much impossible unless you actively go looking. Unless you're a decent CV player or a T10 cruiser who's being ignored by the enemy!

I heard people tried it with BBs as well...

My try with with "Iowa" (in normal play - grinding to "Montana")... I was around 35.000 damage short...

Leo "Apollo11"

[PORT]
Modder
1,493 posts
10,997 battles

Don't even read the missions anymore. Some get fulfilled by themselves, the rest gets ignored. Just not worth it. :hide_turtle:

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,127 posts
11,666 battles

Hi all,

I heard people tried it with BBs as well...

My try with with "Iowa" (in normal play - grinding to "Montana")... I was around 35.000 damage short...

Leo "Apollo11"

That's probably fairly painful, there was a guy who was 5k short of the objective a few days ago.

Beta Tester
306 posts
6,464 battles

I managed to complete stage 4, but I don't think I broke 100k damage in the last few days, so no stage 5 for me.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,232 posts
7,323 battles

Nah, I barely look at those missions. Haven't for months now.

There is not a lot of point to it if WG insists on making dumb missions. They will happen, or they will not.

I'm not about to play like an idiot just for a reward that is basically nothing special anyway.

In my opinion the effort vs reward has been off by lightyears with those mission for so long now...

edit: apparently I cleared stage 4. But stage 5 looks ... yeah no.

Edited by Loran_Battle
  • Cool 1

Players
385 posts
8,685 battles

Hi Leo,

Nice thread :)

Yesterday I managed to break my damage record with Khaba (262k) and still couldn't succeed. There was only one DD on the opponent team and someone else sunk it.

(As a side note we manage to lose that game)

And the game after that again with Khaba, I dealt 175k damage but still couldn't get it. Lacking BB 105k damage.

(As another side note we lost that game too. Well actually I lost 9 games in a row yesterday :) 

These type of missions are mostly luck based I guess. You can finish them in 1 try or struggle to finish in 50 games.

• Cool 1

[OMNI]
[OMNI]
Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

Did it with my Yamato yesterday, didn't play much lately and I didn't pay much attention but I think a T10 CV is probably the best choice followed by the Yamato.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
11,934 battles

At #4 now but not willing to even attempt #5 (at least not actively).

Not much of a T10 player here anyway and with the T9 ships I currently grind you will need even more luck and/or tries to accomplish the mission.

[UN]
Weekend Tester
849 posts
20,014 battles

Just did it in a ridiculous game. As expected, using a high tier cv makes this a walk in the park. You have the flexibility to strike where and what you need. That is, if the mm doesn't give you matches with only 1 dd or 1 CA....

Taiho. 8 different achievements, 10 total, weekly mission phase V, and +1 compliment. :D I gonna laugh about this game for the rest of the day.

P.S.: And in case you are wondering: a whopping 1,732 base exp. At least top spot....

Screenshot: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/9009-what-were-your-greatest-gaming-achievements-today/page__st__3960__pid__1648945#entry1648945

[OSC]
Players
2,731 posts
10,257 battles

Didn't even try to finish it, but did play few high tier games without success. Even had 250k damage Yamato game, and didn't finish it :D