Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gudgeon

An open letter to Wargaming

35 comments in this topic

[PC]
Players
174 posts

Dear Wargaming,

Please can you provide an incentive for players not to border hug in 'large ships' for the whole battle, while the rest of the team tries to fight over the caps and lose the battle. It is quite annoying. I have just had a battle where our three big ships occupied  the bottom three places on a losing team (T6 to T8) and one of them being a full health Dunkerque, still alive at the end of the battle.

My suggestion is to not pay out any money or XP on the bottom three places of a losing team. The other option is to force the three players to only be able to play a ship of a lower tier in their next battle. Before you say that that would discourage players, if they are always in the bottom three then they are not contributing anything ever and the game would be better off without them anyway. They appear to think that just surviving for 20 minutes is a 'win'.

Best Regards,

A p1ss3d off World of Warshipper

Beta Tester
545 posts
4,184 battles

top 3 should get bottom 3 xp's and credit, and top xp earner in losing team should get normal "winning"  cred and xp - the reward like it get in ranked

Edited by VooDooZG
  • Cool 2

[PC]
Players
174 posts

top 3 should get bottom 3 xp's and credit, and top xp earner in losing team should get normal "winning"  cred and xp - the reward like it get in ranked

Sounds good to me, I know we all drop a clanger every so often, but if you are generally OK at the game, then the loss of credits/XP is of negligible effect and can motivate a player to assess where they went wrong and try and improve.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles

Problem is if you drive away the casuals, children and general idiots then the population would be far less and the game would be less successful...

• Cool 8

Beta Tester
2,075 posts
2,249 battles

top 3 should get bottom 3 xp's and credit

Sorry, but no. Punishing people simply for playing with less skill than others would not only be detrimental to the game by driving away the player base, it would also, in my opinion, be morally wrong. The xp gain mechanic is quite enough incentive for good gameplay.
  • Cool 3

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles

The only real issue I can see is potatoes get spooked and don't push which leads to landslide games. 

Beta Tester
545 posts
4,184 battles

Sorry, but no. Punishing people simply for playing with less skill than others would not only be detrimental to the game by driving away the player base, it would also, in my opinion, be morally wrong. The xp gain mechanic is quite enough incentive for good gameplay.

nope, getting 0xp would make you learn, watch for videos, try to learn more and make you better - i was also many time last when i start the gamefew mo. ago,  but i try and try and watch many videos about mech. so...

Players
460 posts
3,063 battles

nope, getting 0xp would make you learn, watch for videos, try to learn more and make you better - i was also many time last when i start the gamefew mo. ago,  but i try and try and watch many videos about mech. so...

Bots, however care not for 0 xp games. And there's plenty of bots out there.

[CATS]
Players
15,361 posts
11,035 battles

A DD that smokes, spots but misses with his torps in standard battle will be close to the bottom and still can be a significant contributor to a win.

And in a battle were all 12 team members contributed equally, the last 3 should get shafted because they got 10 XP less?

Think again.

• Cool 4

[RALLY]
Players
309 posts
8,110 battles

The game has many positives and negatives but it is a game so punishing players for not being top seems extreme to me.  If a BB pushes without support he is usually dead, a cruiser definitely dead and even DD's struggle in the current meta for radar etc.

I am more bothered by Clans being on opposite sides which feels very awkward.

Poor communication, maybe language issues due to the many languages spoken.

Divisions using randoms as meat shields.

Elite clan arrogance is also something I'm seeing, some members overstepping in chat.  If you are a very good player, playing in a division of very good players then maybe that should be enough.

So many issues in game and so many improvements also, player quality is always going to be varied in a free game.  Some of us try very hard to understand and improve others play for enjoyment, go figure!!!

Beta Tester
545 posts
4,184 battles

Yesterday i have a "great" day, played some of the worst battles of the month and it was mostly by my mistake - even i did get killed in my Flacher 2 min into game doing only 7560 dam total - and guess what, I wasn't last, i wasn't even in last 3 - I was 8th,, so dont't give mi BS about moral and how you can be last even if you do well = ATM if you do anything than bot or afk you won't be in last 3 so it is good for game and future of the game and gameplay, player would learn more and be better and it would me much more competitive so it would be better game in total..

I'am not talking about ranked here just to be clear

Edited by VooDooZG
  • Cool 1

[-RT-]
Players
299 posts
19,033 battles

Imagine the whole team does decent job and you still lose. You will allways have the bottom 3 that get punished.......not a good idea.

Beta Tester
526 posts

Just no. Punishment never works. It just adds to a negative attitude. Positive experiences will encourage players to "have those again". Thus, playing better. 

Meaning: Good play/Teamplay has to be rewarded more.

• Cool 5

[PLO]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,615 posts

No, it would make me quit. I don't have time to watch many videos, streams, etc. So in such case i'd just quit and spend my free time somewhere else.

Beta Tester
545 posts
4,184 battles

than why do you call them potatos or why do you have problem with them or weekends, or with border snipers ect..ect.. ??

every day there is at least 5 topic about problem with potato behaviour in this game  - no pain no gain, at starat of this game you will get 0xp but than first time you did good you will be rewarded and you will be better with every game --- BUT if you will be rewarded no metter how bad you are and what ever you do, than you will get to tier 10 after 2-3.000 games being in last 3 every game and you will ruin fun for everyone else..

This game have a great need for leting people know if they do good, great or bad, if you are bad try again to be better and after some time you will be -- but if you will get last 200xp less than 5th in your team than you will say to yourself "hey I did only 200xp less than 5th, I'am strong good player and I don't need to learn anything more"

Beta Tester
545 posts
4,184 battles

No, it would make me quit. I don't have time to watch many videos, streams, etc. So in such case i'd just quit and spend my free time somewhere else.

So you do have time to play 5 games and spend 100min for it but you dont have the time to watch 1 ichace acadamy video 20min to learn how to be better - man you will ejoy game more if you score 1st place and believe me it is not that hard ATM, I'am average player and I score a lot 1st places games

[PLO]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,615 posts

So you do have time to play 5 games and spend 100min for it but you dont have the time to watch 1 ichace acadamy video 20min to learn how to be better - man you will ejoy game more if you score 1st place and believe me it is not that hard ATM, I'am average player and I score a lot 1st places games

Yes, exactly like this. If I - or anyone else - have let's say 1 hour of time to play, then i prefer to spend that time actually playing rather than watching someone else to play.

Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
2,442 battles

Just no. Punishment never works. It just adds to a negative attitude. Positive experiences will encourage players to "have those again". Thus, playing better. 

Just this. WG already has a very habbit to implement "punishments" for players or game mechanics that don´t work / are used as WG intends it. The situation we have right now, is the result of this policy.

It all started way before the official release of the game, when the game was actually more skill- than rng based. Fanboys off all classes complained about the OP ness of other classes or mechanics, and WG, with (maybe?) all good intentions started to swing the nerf bat again and again, with each new patch/version that came. The came the patches/versions to redo/rework/undo/compensate changes of former versions, and now we have this...whatever you wanna call it, broken game, which annoys always annyone with any ship, captains-perk or class.

In the very early stages of the game, there was a meta, when BBs were actually able to defend themselves very effectively. A good captain with good skills, could dominate the complete enemy fleet. With accurate main guns and effective secondary guns, BBs were the ones eiter providing very efficient long range support or even leading the pack into very thrilling close combat situation. Back then, you could see BBs quiet freqeuntly in brawls, sometimes going inbetween two enemy ships, dishing out damage to secondary targets just with their secondary armament.

Yes, it was a slaughter, yes BBs were powerfull, but they were aswell at the heart of the battle, taking punishment and going down fighting, but usually with even more damage inflicted.

Complains about this rose up, BB armament got nerfed. With decreasing effectiveness of BBs armament and selfdefense abilities, DDs became more relevant, torpedoes became more powerfull, and the BBs were pushed out of the first line of defense. Now you find BBs, where the game developement and players have pushed them.

Implementing new punishment/reward mechanics won´t help. Nonsense implementation like like RPF or more and more cruisers to counter DDs won´t help. Implementing new DDs, even those which are meant to hunt and counter DDs won´t help. Why? Because all this makes the BB-players still depend on others, and if WoWs has proven anything over time, then it is the fact that there is no such thing like reliability on teammates, nothing/nobody you want to rely/count on. Of course, whenever changes to the BB meta are suggested, some people show up and start shouting. Most of the time those are the same persons, who want BBs back into the first line of the battle. Not to deal damage. Not to be effective. No, just to be there and take the damage for others (and doing the spotting aswell), while those others (usually those who would have to fear the counterfire by other BBs) want to deal damage without the risk of taking damage, preferably sitting in a smokescreen, behind an island or whatever.

There is a reason, why ships like the Bismarck have actually become reasonable successfull and popular. While their main guns are still rubbish, their secondaries can be brought to some effectiveness. Suddenly, we got a BB which is capable of brawling and being more than just a damage sponge. What do we get? Complaining players! Of course not those of the Bismarck´s team. They are happy to have a BB in the first line of the battle, a reliable damage sponge. No, the players of the enemy teams show up, especially the DD-players, whose yolo-torpedo runs on BBs don´t work that simply on a secondary specced Bismarck. And the result? A nerf to it´s hydroaccustics system!

The story of the Bismarck is a fine example, of how BBs (not exclusively, since all classes have received more or less questionable changes) got treated in the past, which, in the end, lead to the meta we have these days.

No player want´s to play a damagesponge/cashcow. But any player wants it´s target to be a damagesponge/cash cow. That´s the huge problem, one, which WG constantly struggles to balance...

I

• Cool 3

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

Positive experiences will encourage players to "have those again". Thus, playing better. 

And that's exactly the problem!

Those Balless retard Boats get rewarded for team sabotaging and playing for enemy team!

"BB detecting" minefields and bot submarines patrolling map borders would make it positively sure that going to map borders is bad play.

Problem is if you drive away the casuals, children and general idiots then the population would be far less and the game would be less successful...

If they want to play Warships game then game mechanics should push them to battle.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,277 posts
12,164 battles

What is your problem? Statistically you will have the same amount of campers in both teams, so enjoy your 7 vs 7 (5 BBs assumend on each side) while it lasts... :trollface:

On a more serious matter reward mechanics >>> punishment mechanics, for every single game, be it children, board or computer games.

Players
188 posts
3,803 battles

top 3 should get bottom 3 xp's and credit

Sadly those guys who ignore caps and patrol borders won't end up to bottom 3 all that often. Useless as they are, they usually manage to farm more damage than those who fight for the caps against greater numbers.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

top xp earner in losing team should get normal "winning"  cred and xp

1. Winning or losing has no effect on credit income.

2. Yes, give more incentive to farm damage and get cheap kills on damaged enemies when the game is already lost because BBabies camped on the blue line while their team was dying fighting over the cap zone's. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,428 posts

es, give more incentive to farm damage and get cheap kills on damaged enemies when the game is already lost because BBabies camped on the blue line while their team was dying fighting over the cap zone's. 

Maybe an idea to make XP and credits dependaple on how far your position is from an objective. For example if you camp the blue line you only get 0.5 times the normal credits and XP. If you do the same damage near an contested cap, you get 2 times the normal credits and xp.

Sign in to follow this