Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_ramrus_

Disturbance in potato meta

28 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester
612 posts

Some interesting development over the weekend.

I never really end a day with sub50% wr, but today was special.

I persevered  through defeats to observe some developments in mid tiers.

Potatometavsbrain.png

While there was every type of potato/afk in my team, games were not decided player by player basis but by meta.

That is my team used what I call potato meta, while enemy team did not.

Now potato meta works simple. After games starts, you go full speed to the enemy and have a shootout, while BBs lag far behind ( after 5-10 minutes team with more potatoes is revealed... they tend to die)

Enemy used high tier, more conservative meta. They used opening stages to form a BB line, and allowed the enemy to push in.

This is what I always do, but today enemy used it against me... Idea is that enemy will continue advancing into your broadside/torpedo wall under 10km range.

People tend to push even after securing the cap/mid, and in most cases it cost them the game. Well, that is what happend in those games. We lost most of our cruisers/DDs 5minutes into the game ( standard game mode & epicenter most of those games ). They just got baited into advancing and deleted.

I don't know if this is just a random deviation from the potato meta, or a sign of things to come.

This was not just today. People are embracing camping and evolving. I started the grind this weekend, so I played friday/saturday/sunday.

I did not pay much attention to that becasue I grind by playing for 1st win, so I did not play much, but most of those games were won by camping at start in domination or just camping in standard mode, and baiting enemy to come to us.

I even advised in chat not to rush into the enemy spawn and keep the point lead at all cost, and a lot people responded positively.

Cruisers controling speed, doing circles, maintaing distance, using BBs/islands for cover, in general not advancing past the caps. Some very nice games.

But when team goes full potato meta it kinda falls apart after 10minutes.

For me, mid tier was potato meta, but now it's getting pushed out.

Potato meta is strongly desitend to lose if enemy baits ( camps behind the cap ) at starts, which is getting more common.

Potatometavsbrain.png

Players
1,011 posts
10,302 battles

After reading that I thought wtf......then I realized that you consider yourself not to be a potato and everything was made clear. 

P.S. people that hide their account always have an excuse but in the end the following statement seems to be most true "User _ramrus_ is not proud of his stats and marked his account as private"

Edited by waxx25
  • Cool 8

Weekend Tester
612 posts

This is nothing, the game has been like this as long as I can remember...

idk, when I grinded KM BB line and IJN DD line, brawls in caps were more common.

When 8-10 people on enemy team avoid brawling in cap in t6 is not what I expected now.

Cruisers/DDs rushing caps and BBs lagging behind is kinda what I expected, but when team stays back and focuses defending was not common for me.

More games end up one team defending other rushing even from the start.

btw, I'm talking about T5-7 games.

Edited by _ramrus_

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,102 posts
11,613 battles

Maybe people push even less for objectives as you can find yourself capped against on every point quite often but from a friend who took about 6 months out: things are pretty much the same.

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

I knew a guy that starts in this game. He was always complaing about the team.

"They did nothing" "They died to soon"

I've checked his gameplay. He was a BB player that was at far back, did not help the team, so other BBs killed his cruisers. And when he finally turn off the binoculars he realised that he is alone and it is time to run away. While doing this he did some kills and made some dmg (because the enemy ships was often solid damaged by his team).

So his stats was quite good in dmg/kill terms, but his winratio is about 50%.

So I don't like    "200k dmg was not enough for my team to secure win".

I ask then "When you did this 200k? At the beginning or at the end of battle".

• Cool 2

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,102 posts
11,613 battles

I've checked his gameplay. He was a BB player that was at far back, did not help the team, so other BBs killed his cruisers. And when he finally turn off the binoculars he realised that he is alone and it is time to run away. While doing this he did some kills and made some dmg (because the enemy ships was often solid damaged by his team).

Don't knock that tactic, I've seen it work as the enemy potato team will follow that one BB into A1 whilst the lone DD ninja caps and wins :trollface:

Beta Tester
545 posts
4,184 battles

lately I see more and more players that are camping and than go into the battle for the last 10 or 5min with full HP when enemy ships are on 20-30% of HP killing them while they run away or in battle with other friendly ships - and on the end of the end of the battle players like that will be surviveing one in lost battle with more xp then the rest of team who actually try to do something at start

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
526 posts

After reading that I thought wtf......then I realized that you consider yourself not to be a potato and everything was made clear. 

P.S. people that hide their account always have an excuse but in the end the following statement seems to be most true "User _ramrus_ is not proud of his stats and marked his account as private"

I have my stats hidden too. I do it for 2 reasons. Mainly to piss of the stat whores, and it works. Cause they then make up my stats while trying to rage at me. 2nd is that I can.

I want the same function for wot too.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,102 posts
11,613 battles

lately I see more and more players that are camping and than go into the battle for the last 10 or 5min with full HP when enemy ships are on 20-30% of HP killing them while they run away or in battle with other friendly ships - and on the end of the end of the battle players like that will be surviveing one in lost battle with more xp then the rest of team who actually try to do something at start

Some ppl whine about it, I've been hated on in Ranked as I was the last man in a BB and on yellowing to red hp...

I have my stats hidden too. I do it for 2 reasons. Mainly to piss of the stat whores, and it works. Cause they then make up my stats while trying to rage at me. 2nd is that I can.

I've got nothing to hide, all the potatoes and try hards can look all they want. I'm still laughing at the guy who got farmed by Shira in his Belfast. He started saying I was a noob as I had only won Ranked once with 400 battles. Claimed he was some sort of multi winner with a 70% Belfast WR. 

Still doesn't shield him from the torp walls evidently :trollface:

• Cool 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
526 posts

Some ppl whine about it, I've been hated on in Ranked as I was the last man in a BB and on yellowing to red hp...

I've got nothing to hide, all the potatoes and try hards can look all they want. I'm still laughing at the guy who got farmed by Shira in his Belfast. He started saying I was a noob as I had only won Ranked once with 400 battles. Claimed he was some sort of multi winner with a 70% Belfast WR. 

Well. I got nothing to hide either. But I still do it....cause I can. And it really irritates people.

Quality Poster
3,262 posts
8,367 battles

Well. I got nothing to hide either. But I still do it....cause I can. And it really irritates people.

The thing in todays "fake news" era is, that if someone claims to be a "good player" or that others are noobs he should provied some evidence to support his claim. No evidence? No creditbilty to take someone serious!

I can understand that some players don't want to get insulted by some "pro" (who actually is mostly only a wannabe but let's leave it at that).

Greetings

• Cool 1

Players
332 posts
7,587 battles

I know I am marching to a different drum but I quite like the weekends, the "skill" factor might go down but the tempo and passion certainly swing upwards.

[BAZI]
Beta Tester
2,671 posts
8,718 battles

OP, why dont you Bogue yourself back to 50% for the day, if other ships fail? I know these evenings when only your trusty lowtier-club can save you from a 16% wr for the day. Its normal, it doesnt have to do anything with meta-changes.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,102 posts
11,613 battles

The thing in todays "fake news" era is, that if someone claims to be a "good player" or that others are noobs he should provied some evidence to support his claim. No evidence? No creditbilty to take someone serious!

I can understand that some players don't want to get insulted by some "pro" (who actually is mostly only a wannabe but let's leave it at that).

Greetings

I was being silly in a Trashkan awhile ago and a guy said he was about to question me but saw the Jolly Roger flag and assumed I knew what I was doing :teethhappy:

Stats and the like can be massaged/bought!

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

I understand your opinion. But hiding stats is like going into nudist beach and wear a slipers.

You know. We all have bodies. Some are better. But we are all humans. So why hide yourself behind clothes while being between naked people?

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
545 posts
4,184 battles

You get me wrong, I was talking about 12 vs 12 - Ranked is different thing..

and i was talking about players that intentionally go back and do nothing and than play only in last 5-10 min,  i didn't say that is wrong to kill ship with last shoot ( killsteal - kill is a kill and to finish and kill it is always good thing becuase i died and lose to many time because my team didn't finished enemy ship and was shooting on full hp ship instead of finished asap ship on 5% of hp ), but to survive instead of going in and at least try to do something instead of doing nothing than running away when score is 500:850 and you have last 2 min that is wrong as it is that you intentionally don't even try to do something on start of the game 

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
526 posts

I understand your opinion. But hiding stats is like going into nudist beach and wear a slipers.

You know. We all have bodies. Some are better. But we are all humans. So why hide yourself behind clothes while being between naked people?

Trust me. If I go into a nudist beach it`s not the slippers they will be looking at. :trollface:
  • Cool 2

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,102 posts
11,613 battles

You get me wrong, I was talking about 12 vs 12 - Ranked is different thing..

and i was talking about players that intentionally go back and do nothing and than play only in last 5-10 min,  i didn't say that is wrong to kill ship with last shoot ( killsteal - kill is a kill and to finish and kill it is always good thing becuase i died and lose to many time because my team didn't finished enemy ship and was shooting on full hp ship instead of finished asap ship on 5% of hp ), but to survive instead of going in and at least try to do something instead of doing nothing than running away when score is 500:850 and you have last 2 min that is wrong as it is that you intentionally don't even try to do something on start of the game 

Yeah, rows of BB cruising miles back sniping. Cruisers and DD join them too. Few play for objectives at all...

Players
1,011 posts
10,302 battles

i do believe I covered your "reasons". Say what you want, at the end of the day, you are not proud of your stats and you have them hidden. Edited.
Edited by VMX
Insult

[ALONE]
Players
1,338 posts
10,776 battles

i do believe I covered your "reasons". Say what you want, at the end of the day, you are not proud of your stats and you have them hidden. Edited.

Heh. I am a "stat whore" as that gentleman called me, and I looked up many "hidden" profiles. Some had partially accessible history on 3rd party sites.

And I can say with great amount of confidence, that great majority of "stat hiding" trolls simply have their scores below average.

So, yes. They "are not proud". And yes, we can safely assume that if someone has his stats hidden, we wouldn't find there anything outstanding either. :sceptic:

Weekend Tester
612 posts

You completely missed my point, and got distracted by stats, which is beside the point, but it seems it's the only thing you care about.

I'm not writing about MM/stats/weekend or what have you... Enemy team outplayed us. There is nothing wrong with that.

I said that high tier gameplay, which I percived to be rare in t6 games, is more common. There is some increase in teamplay quality. People tend to live longer. Games last longer.

If you think I'm wrong, feel free to say how your t6 games differ.

Sign in to follow this