Allaric

free xp bug?

11 comments in this topic

[ELCH]
Beta Tester
81 posts
5,526 battles

Hi, I just noticed this.

In game it says : 5% of experience earned in battles additionally goes to Free XP.

But it doesn't. I don't have my screen right now, but you can look at screen from imply_tha_best in this topic - http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/7404-possible-bugs-i-found/

Edited by Allaric

Alpha Tester
71 posts
41 battles

Free XP is bugged all around.

Even if you get your ship fully upgraded and have it on elite status, the ship will still keep gaining xp normally and no free xp.

[ELCH]
Beta Tester
81 posts
5,526 battles

Have you reached the required account level for free XP?

Yep. I'm earning free xp, but it's not 5%. It's less.
Edited by Allaric

Weekend Tester
92 posts
356 battles

Free XP is bugged all around.

Even if you get your ship fully upgraded and have it on elite status, the ship will still keep gaining xp normally and no free xp.

That's not a bug, that's how it works in WOT too.

You have to use premium (piasters) to convert XP gained to free XP.

Alpha Tester
71 posts
41 battles

That's not a bug, that's how it works in WOT too.

You have to use premium (piasters) to convert XP gained to free XP.

That's not what I mean.

I mean a ship that's Fully upgraded and has elite status, which means it's supposed to Only gain Free XP, but currently it gains XP normally towards it's own progression, which it doesn't need, that is wrong.

[USEUR]
Alpha Tester
1,200 posts
2,723 battles

That's not what I mean.

I mean a ship that's Fully upgraded and has elite status, which means it's supposed to Only gain Free XP, but currently it gains XP normally towards it's own progression, which it doesn't need, that is wrong.

No, it is like kramxel said.

When one of your ship has unlocked elite status, it means the ship has now the ability to transfert his normal xp to the free xp pool. It does not make free xp by itself. For example, when you click on the "convert XP" button, only elite ships are displayed and how much normal xp they got. This is the amount you can transfert if you want with piasters.

Why would you need a convert xp function, if elite ships were already only making free xp? If the game was working like you said, there would be no need to have a transfert xp button, as you would already have free xp added to the free xp pool from those elited ships...

Trust me, I used free xp via transfert from one of my elited ship to grind a complete tree, all the way up to tier X before the wipe.

Hi, I just noticed this.

In game it says : 5% of experience earned in battles additionally goes to Free XP.

But it doesn't. I don't have my screen right now, but you can look at screen from imply_tha_best in this topic - http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/7404-possible-bugs-i-found/

It does work. But, you only get 5% of the normal amount of xp you get per battle, which is exactly how many points you are making per game.

But when you are on premium you gain 50% more xp, but free xp is still calculated from the initial amount of normal xp, not from the initial amount + premium xp added.

If we take Imply_tha_best example, he got 115 free xp, which is normal amount of free xp from a 115x20 (5%) = 2300 pts game, then we add 50% because of the premium and then we now have the 3450 total xp he got with premium.

Free xp is rounded down. That's why his 3479 xp is the same as 3450 xp from my example. If his xp would have been 3480xp, then he would have made 116 free xp instead.

To sum it up:

2300 points game =

- 2300xp on normal account.

- or 2300 initial normal xp + 50% for premium = 3450 total xp on a premium account.

- 5% from 2300 initial xp = 115 free xp on normal or premium account, doesn't matter for free xp.

Everything works as intended. You just have to remember that points in a game = normal initial xp, free xp is 5% of initial xp not 5% of total xp with premium, and free xp is rounded down.

I hope this helped you to understand how xp works in the game

Edited by superdeluxe
  • Cool 2

[K-W-O]
Beta Tester
27 posts
6,250 battles

thxfor the infoI noticed itlast nightand now I know
Now we are waitinguntil the serveris back online and then continue search
but until now I am very contented because I cannot find much

Edited by Majordragola

[USEUR]
Alpha Tester
1,200 posts
2,723 battles

I wrote a mini-guide about xp, hope this help:

Points made in a game = base xp amount (only valid for "Random" games, co-op games get less xp). 

Base xp amount = total xp made on a normal account.

Base xp amount + 50% of base xp amount (rounded up)= total xp made on premium account.

Free xp = 5% of base xp amount for both premium and normal account (rounded down).

First win of the day = base amount is multiplied by 1,5 (rounded up).

Example:

If you score 1005 points at the end of a game.

On normal account, you get 1005 total xp (base amount), and 50 free xp (5% of base amount, rounded down).

On premium account, you get 1508 total xp (base amount x1.5 for premium, rounded up), and 50 free xp again (5% of base amount, rounded down).

First win of the day, on normal account would have given: 1508 total xp (base amount is multiplied by 1.5 on first victory) and 75 free xp (5% of (base amount multiplied by 1.5 on first victory), rounded down).

First win of the day, on premium account would have given: 2262 total xp ((base amount is multiplied by x1,5 on first victory)x1.5 for premium, rounded up) and 75 free xp also (5% of  (base amount multiplied by 1.5 on first victory) rounded down).

• Cool 1

[ELCH]
Beta Tester
81 posts
5,526 battles

I wrote a mini-guide about xp, hope this help:

Points made in a game = base xp amount (only valid for "Random" games, co-op games get less xp). 

Base xp amount = total xp made on a normal account.

Base xp amount + 50% of base xp amount (rounded up)= total xp made on premium account.

Free xp = 5% of base xp amount for both premium and normal account (rounded down).

First win of the day = base amount is multiplied by 1,5 (rounded up).

Example:

If you score 1005 points at the end of a game.

On normal account, you get 1005 total xp (base amount), and 50 free xp (5% of base amount, rounded down).

On premium account, you get 1508 total xp (base amount x1.5 for premium, rounded up), and 50 free xp again (5% of base amount, rounded down).

First win of the day, on normal account would have given: 1508 total xp (base amount is multiplied by 1.5 on first victory) and 75 free xp (5% of (base amount multiplied by 1.5 on first victory), rounded down).

First win of the day, on premium account would have given: 2262 total xp ((base amount is multiplied by x1,5 on first victory)x1.5 for premium, rounded up) and 75 free xp also (5% of  (base amount multiplied by 1.5 on first victory) rounded down).

I know how xp works, but thx for that. I just didn't know that our accounts are premium. That confused me.

EDIT: I think it is wrong. Look at post game stats and look at free xp with and without premium. There is a difference ;) And our accounts are not premium, so...

Edited by Allaric

Alpha Tester
76 posts
202 battles

No, it is like kramxel said.

When one of your ship has unlocked elite status, it means the ship has now the ability to transfert his normal xp to the free xp pool. It does not make free xp by itself. For example, when you click on the "convert XP" button, only elite ships are displayed and how much normal xp they got. This is the amount you can transfert if you want with piasters.

Why would you need a convert xp function, if elite ships were already only making free xp? If the game was working like you said, there would be no need to have a transfert xp button, as you would already have free xp added to the free xp pool from those elited ships...

Too detailed, it's easier just to say that Elite status only allows you to enable transferring/converting XP to Free XP, but it'll cost you piasters, and that's one of the ways WG has thought out, so that you are forced (if you wish) to buy piasters, so that you could just transfer normal XP to Free XP... simple as that in two lines.

Plus, why would you need a convert XP function, if elite ships were already only making free XP ? Well...check WoT, sometimes, if you unlock last thing for your tank without using additional Free XP to speed it up, but instead you use normal XP, sometimes there are leftovers, actually always there are leftovers if you don't use Free XP as helping tool to unlock last thing. And now comes the line that I already mentioned, about moneymaking... that if you wish to convert, use piasters, don't have piasters ? order them with real money, and then you can use it. Not saying it's stupid or anything, it's just that they thought about it and made it like this, they gave purpose to converting system, and additionally they gain more money that way, so it's Win Win : Lose, they win twice, while we lose more.

Not against it, it's just sad to see that my prem ship currently holds so much Free XP... well, not so much compared to how much you can earn each game...half of it... ~900, but still...

Edited by smaddeus

Sign in to follow this