Kabazabak

Your Questions to Developers [OLD]

1,253 posts in this topic

Well

1.How much damage will main caliber do? 5000 point for 460MM?

2.Is there going to be a minimum arming range for torpedoes in the water ?

3.Will torpedo mounts with unfired torpedoes be a significant vulnerability, with a chance of massive damage if a hit or fire causes an explosion?

4.What is the maximum range of torpedo?

5.I think If torpedo hits a ship ,the ship will lose her HP and BP

6.Any infomation about BP? 

7.Is Tone two separate slots for CA form and CA-AV form, or just one slot?

1. What is a point of damage? :)

2. Yes.

3. Most likely yes.

4. Up to 20 km.

5. Yes, you are right.

6. When BP is over - ship is sunk :)

7. One CA-AV form.

found this on the NA forum it says torpedoes can go up to 20 km

I have few questions:

1)Will the tier II BBs be dreadnoughts only or could we see pre-dreadnoughts?

2)Have you thought about the research system? I'm asking this question because most ship kept their original primary batteries even after refits. The only ships i'm aware of which changed substantially the primary armament were the Conte di Cavour-class and Caio Duilio-class.

3)In case of refits will be considered as upgrades of the original design as tech tree is concerned or will they be a ship on their own? Especially in case of complete overhauls like in the case of the two battleship classes i quoted in the question 2.

4)This is a difficult question. I read in the NA Q&A that the Italian tier X BB would be the Cassone. That ship could be classified a science fiction considering all the aspects(a BB able to reach 40 knots with 460 mm cannons as primary armament). Would this ship brought to more realistic values or would be kept as his designer wanted it to be?

5)This is a difficult question. Teit said that tier IX BB for the French would be the Alsace. Would this ship able to have three quadruple turrets or would it keep the original three triple turrets?

6)A question which came up when i read a topic about a Swede ships(here): will coastal battleships(or coastal defence ships, it's the same) be implemented eventually?

7)Will players be able to give priorities to the AI controlled secondary and AA armament? The role of those armaments is crucial, especially the last one. For example a BB player would be interested in focusing its AA armament on bombers and its secondary armament on small vessels like cruisers and destroyers so it would be able to focus his/her entire attention to the enemies' capital ships while the AA takes care of the other threats.

8)How many squadrons a CV player can have airborn at the same time?

9)Will scout planes go back to the ship when fuel is low?

10)How high is the flight ceiling?

Edited by Deamon93

found this on the NA forum it says torpedoes can go up to 20 km

nice... if i remember well maps were 40x40? if so kita will be able to set a nice torpedos barrier XD

nice... if i remember well maps were 40x40? if so kita will be able to set a nice torpedos barrier XD

The longer the range the more info and/or luck you need. I can see long range barrages as viable only if i'm 100% sure that the enemy will be in a point of the map in a precise moment in time. If i'm not certain about either info it's pretty much luck base.

But there will be maps with islnd and bottlenecks and ohhh boy, that will be torpedoes spamming paradise

5)This is a difficult question. Teit said that tier IX BB for the French would be the Alsace. Would this ship able to have three quadruple turrets or would it keep the original three triple turrets?

for what i remerbered, it was planned to have 3 turret of 4 * 380mm (in 1 or the 3 "official" versions or 3 turret of 3* 406mm (but technically it was not standard for us)

so we can imagine tier9 with 4*380mm and tier 10 with 3*406mm (or to balance 4 * 406...)

:honoring:

Edited by Schmul66

for what i remerbered, it was planned to have 3 turret of 4 * 380mm (in 1 or the 3 "official" versions or 3 turret of 3* 406mm (but technically it was not standard for us)

so we can imagine tier9 with 4*380mm and tier 10 with 3*406mm (or to balance 4 * 406...)

:honoring:

I haven't considered the guns because i guess that they could be changed as modules. Of course i don't think that the quadruple turret is able to handle the 406 mm cannons but still three triple turrets with 406 mm cannons is enough at tier IX, especially since it would be fairly standard

so the question is what is the tier 10?

With Montana t10, i presume 12 * 406 is a minimum, so 3 quad 406mm

they created the WT E100 in WoT so why not having quad 406mm turret even if it's technically hard (or impossible :teethhappy:)

edit

the beast : in this, the main difference is on 2nd armament, the second is the more "probable" as it was agreed by Admiral Darlan (if i'm correct)

500px-Alsace_top.svg.png&sa=X&ei=YLhjU-e

Edited by Schmul66

so the question is what is the tier 10?

With Montana t10, i presume 12 * 406 is a minimum, so 3 quad 406mm

they created the WT E100 in WoT so why not having quad 406mm turret even if it's technically hard (or impossible :teethhappy:)

edit

the beast : in this, the main difference is on 2nd armament, the second is the more "probable" as it was agreed by Admiral Darlan (if i'm correct)

500px-Alsace_top.svg.png&sa=X&ei=YLhjU-e

I guess that the tier X would be another project, like the Cassone for the Italians. Sadly i don't know very well the French Navy projects so i don't have a clue.

In any case we shall see about the Alsace, especially since there isn't much information about how the research is.

To my knowledge, Alsace was the last battleship project we had.

That's why i guess they will probably put a "very" what if with quad 406 to have a descent T10.

Maybe there were other projects drawn on a corner of towel:trollface:.

To my knowledge, Alsace was the last battleship project we had.

That's why i guess they will probably put a "very" what if with quad 406 to have a descent T10.

Maybe there were other projects drawn on a corner of towel:trollface:.

I'm pretty sure WG will take a pre-treaty BB like what they did for British and Italians, assuming the French Navy designed one.

I'm pretty sure WG will take a pre-treaty BB like what they did for British and Italians, assuming the French Navy designed one.

I never heard about such project.

I never heard about such project.

Me neither but we'll see, there's plenty of time ^^

Me neither but we'll see, there's plenty of time ^^

And till the Techtree is out WG can switch the ships in the tree many times...

And till the Techtree is out WG can switch the ships in the tree many times...

That's true but the ships already "implemented" are reasonable where they are(Cassone aside).

Is there a chance, that german high tier ships have the Flettner Fl 282?

It would be nice to have choppers but i don't think they would be suitable. Their speed was limited and they would have to cover a lot of ground(if maps are 60x60 km).

Not to mention, choppers would be a very easy target for the AA.

Not to mention, choppers would be a very easy target for the AA.

I know, but it was planned to use them from ships, so i asked

I know, but it was planned to use them from ships, so i asked

I don't know where you got that info from, but I personally can't remember any official word about them planning to implement helicopters into the game.

I don't know where you got that info from, but I personally can't remember any official word about them planning to implement helicopters into the game.

I guess he meant historically.

I guess he meant historically.

Yeah, thats what I meant, sorry if it wasn´t clear

Another question. Will the Nagato class main armament have the Type 3 Sankaidan incendiary shrapnel shell against aircrafts?

Yeah, thats what I meant, sorry if it wasn´t clear

Another question. Will the Nagato class main armament have the Type 3 Sankaidan incendiary shrapnel shell against aircrafts?

Don't worry ^^

As for the type 3 shell it would be cool although i don't recall if Ev1n answered a question like that or not(probably it was about the AA shells for Yamato)

Thank you for you answers Ev1n! And don't worry, we are patient enough :)

I wantz to play now :trollface: