Kabazabak

Your Questions to Developers [OLD]

1,253 posts in this topic

View PostPichu_Trainer, on 10 April 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

The Last 2 don't make sense
Hi made a mistake I see, he will fix it...

View PostSmederevac94, on 10 April 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

Hi made a mistake I see, he will fix it...
I know, but it's always fun to point out  :great:

1 person likes this

View PostPichu_Trainer, on 10 April 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

I know, but it's always fun to point out  :great:
Yea!

Will carriers also be able to launch Scout Aircraft?

Just three examples of Carrier Borne Scouts

Mitsubishi 2MR 1923 carrier reconnaissance aircraft (Type 10 Carrier Reconnaissance Aircraft)

Nakajima C6N 彩雲 "Saiun" Myrt 1943 Navy reconnaissance plane

Yokosuka R2Y 景雲 "Keiun" 1945 reconnaissance - 1 Prototype developed but destroyed in US Airaid 2 days after it's test flight.

Edited by Pichu_Trainer

1) Will carrier be able to launch fighters (e.g. the Littorio's had the ability to launch 3 Re 2001s.)

2) how many ships from the US tree do you have rendered?

At what tier would we be seeing these two Aircraft Carriers at?

Posted Image

Edited by Pichu_Trainer

I hope the right one won't appears in game !! Jet planes against WWII era ships... :ohmy::hiding:  

Questions :

Will the aircraft carrier tree will begin from tier 2 for all nations planned (as artillery in Wot)?

will all nations will have a tier 10 aircraft carrier?

Will there be a delay when launching aircrafts from AC (like irl, you wait for one to take off then another one takes off etc...) and will it be possible to manage 1 aircraft or only a squadron (and if so do we define the number of planes in each squadron or is it preset?)?

Thanks a lot  :honoring:

View PostSchmul66, on 11 April 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

I hope the right one won't appears in game !! Jet planes against WWII era ships... :ohmy::hiding:  
Already been said that there won't be any jet planes in World of Warships
Questions :
Already Answered, there will be Tier 10 Aircraft Carriers
What would the Pros and cons be of each ship class? (assuming that these would be the ship classes in-game)
BB
CV
CVE
CA
CL
DD
DE Edited by Pichu_Trainer

View PostKabazabak, on 10 April 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

And view distance will be like in reality – 11-12 sea miles (clear weather conditions).

I feel those distances would be on low side. For example, at the battle of Denmark Strait the distance at which the opponents spotted eachother was more like 16-17nm. Going by ranges in Bonomi's account of the battle and by Prinz Eugen's war diary, Hood's bow wave seems to have been observable from Eugen at around 15nm. This illustrates that despite the waterline being masked by horizon at these extreme distances good portions of large ship could still be visible, particularily from high observation spot (such as gunnery director and main rangefinder on modern battleship).

But from what I gather from this, the plan is that ships would need to use air spotting at greater ranges than 11-12nm? I guess the advantages that air spotting brings to optically directed gunnery might be tricky to model otherwise ingame. Does radar change this at all, as radar was preferable over aircraft for spotting both deflection and range (that is, there isn't much air spotting can provide if you already have a good gunnery radar)?

1 person likes this

1.How much premium ships you gonna finish by the beginning of aplha, I know for one is there another ships?

2.We know that the battleships,battlecruisers,heavy and light cruisers and some destyoyers will have recon planes, can we put some bombs on recon planes (250kg or 500kg) and can we upgrading recon planes?

3.Whether we see these ships in the game and that they are not premiums?

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.fyjs.cn/b...e12e615bf94.jpg

4.Whether is USS Montana (BB-67) completed and whether we will soon see some pictures of that ships?

5.Will we soon see a new WoWs trailer?

Edited by Smederevac94

Will the maps in WoWS have areas that can only be traversed by Destroyers such as Rivers coming from islands and Atoll lagoons?

Edited by Pichu_Trainer

View PostPichu_Trainer, on 11 April 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

You don't understand jokes?

Questions :
Will the aircraft carrier tree will begin from tier 2 for all nations planned (as artillery in Wot)?
Already answered? i know t10 is top tier for AC but you don't read carefully "Will ALL nations... " for instance will France have a T10 AC? will Germany have a T10 AC

read more carefully  :tongue:

Will Schmul66 get banned for pointing stuff out?  :trollface:

What's the Max range of Light, Medium and Heavy AA Weapons on Warships?

Edited by Pichu_Trainer

Will it be possible to take an Aircraft carrier out of Action by damaging or destroying either it's Fore or Aft elevators?

Would we see Aircraft Carrier Flight Decks full of parked Aircraft like this?

Posted Image

Edited by Pichu_Trainer

If planes crash onto the deck of the CV or planes get destroyed when they are taking off, will that mean that the CV can't launch any planes for a specific time?

Will there be a possibility that a plane will crash land on the deck of an carrier if it has taken a certain amount of damage?

Will it be possible to destroy a ship's steering and engine controls? (so they can't slow down, speed up or turn)

What is the smallest calibre naval gun in game so far?

Will aerial rockets have any effect on a warship?

Will there be ground targets for us to shoot at?

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Edited by Pichu_Trainer

Will planes automatically head back to their mothership to land before they reach the Point of No Return?

Edited by Pichu_Trainer

Here we go. :)

View PostPichu_Trainer, on 10 April 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

Will carriers also be able to launch Scout Aircraft?

Of Course.

View PostPichu_Trainer, on 10 April 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

Will the ship icons be similar to this? Hehe

Posted Image

Remove your battleship icon and rename "battlecruiser" to "battleship&battlecruiser" - and you almost got it :)

View Postmr3awsome, on 10 April 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

1) Will carrier be able to launch fighters (e.g. the Littorio's had the ability to launch 3 Re 2001s.)

2) how many ships from the US tree do you have rendered?

1. Carriers – of course. But Littorio is a battleship.

Maybe some of our battleships and cruisers will can launch hydro-fighters. We don’t sure now.

2. Seven so far.

Will there be a delay when launching aircrafts from AC (like irl, you wait for one to take off then another one takes off etc...) and will it be possible to manage 1 aircraft or only a squadron (and if so do we define the number of planes in each squadron or is it preset?)?

Yes to all your questions, but you can't control attack planes on their own as single planes

View PostPichu_Trainer, on 11 April 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

What would the Pros and cons be of each ship class? (assuming that these would be the ship classes in-game)

BB

CV

CVE

CA

CL

DD

DE

Let's keep this as short and brief as possible. :P

There is 4 classes of ships in game – BB (included BC), CA&CL, DD (included DE), CV (included CVE).

BB – heavy armour and gun, but vulnerable for torpedoes

DD – fast, maneuverable and has torpedoes, but unarmoured and has small guns

CA&CL – a cross between BB and DD

CV – planes can sink everyone, but weak in close combat

tl;dr: In general BB beats CA, CA beats a pack of DD and a pack of DD beats BB. CV beat everyone else at long range and will beaten at close range.

View PostGigaton, on 11 April 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

But from what I gather from this, the plan is that ships would need to use air spotting at greater ranges than 11-12nm? I guess the advantages that air spotting brings to optically directed gunnery might be tricky to model otherwise ingame. Does radar change this at all, as radar was preferable over aircraft for spotting both deflection and range (that is, there isn't much air spotting can provide if you already have a good gunnery radar)?

Ship has limited visibility in any case. Next it needs spotting (aircraft or other ship - no matter). This is the plan.

The main thing is that the normal range of optical visibility equals ~12 naval miles, radar can increase the range, but not very much.

View PostSmederevac94, on 11 April 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

1.How much premium ships you gonna finish by the beginning of aplha, I know for one is there another ships?

2.We know that the battleships,battlecruisers,heavy and light cruisers and some destyoyers will have recon planes, can we put some bombs on recon planes (250kg or 500kg) and can we upgrading recon planes?

3.Whether we see these ships in the game and that they are not premiums?

4.Whether is USS Montana (BB-67) completed and whether we will soon see some pictures of that ships?

5.Will we soon see a new WoWs trailer?

1. Several but we don't have a precise answer yet

2. Bombs on recon – no. Upgrading recons – very unlikely.

3. It is very likely that you will these ships ingame. Most likely they will be premiums though.

4. No, USS Montana is being modeled right now.

5. We hope to share something new in the next few months (around E3?) :)

View PostPichu_Trainer, on 11 April 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

Will the maps in WoWS have areas that can only be traversed by Destroyers such as Rivers coming from islands and Atoll lagoons?

Yes.

2 people like this

...And part 2:

http://en.wikipedia....ld_War_II_ships

As in Yamato doing roughly 19% more damage than Iowa etc?

No. Canon damage will be proportional to the third degree caliber.

View PostPichu_Trainer, on 14 April 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

Will planes automatically head back to their mothership to land before they reach the Point of No Return?

Yes. :)

3 people like this