Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Major_Tankosic

Can somebody explain this? 4 torpedo hits - 13.446 dmg (?)

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

9 posts in this topic

So, I was sailing in my Shiratsuyu and suddenly, Ognevoi appeared very close to my smoke cloud. I sent one salvo of torpedos, all 4 hit him. I thought he was finished, but no, he was alive and well, happily shooting at me.

Is this some kind of a joke?

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

Edited by Major_Tankosic

Yes, it`s called "damage saturation".

replace "damage saturation" with "one of the biggest BS in this game" string.

4 people like this

I sent one salvo of torpedos, all 4 hit him.

Check this:

cRdsNHO.gif

As stated above - dmg saturation. We don't like it but it is WG game so...

2 people like this

This is normal BB has damage reduction . More strange is when you play BB and torpedo hit you why that torpedo destry main towers ? :D 

This is normal BB has damage reduction . More strange is when you play BB and torpedo hit you why that torpedo destry main towers ? :D 

Err, where did you spot a BB here? OP torped an Ognevoi (DD) with his Shiratsuyu (DD), and ghash's flabbergasting gif features also two DDs.

Also, damage saturation is, as far as I am aware, not tied to a type of a ship. As for "destry main towers"... mayhap you meant single torp blowing a ship/devastating strike (it went through or under the armor, if a ship is in hard turn for example, perforated, and hit the magazine), or are you talking about torpedoes disabling main guns? Didn't quite get ya.

Do you happen to have a replay or vid of this? I'm not entirely sure, but I think this has happened to me once.

I'm guessing the turret got inside the explosion radius of the torpedo, same way you can lose your rudder(and sometimes engine) from near misses in DD's. I can be totally wrong bc I haven't invested that much time in the game mechanics, just the basics to be able to get a 55% WR

Damage saturation is a concept in which if a section has been hit enough, no further damage can be applied to that section. In theory, whatever was in that section is considered gone. But since the ship models are too static, it cannot be represented graphically. If it could,the ship would perhaps be missing entire parts of its hull or superstructure. 

If one were to relate it to real life, consider the torpedo hit the OSS New Orleans took to the bow during WW2. Any further hits to the bow would do nothing, as there is now bow anymore :-)

hqdefault.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0