Sign in to follow this  
FaceFisted

New year resolution

19 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
868 posts
5,068 battles

Because of constant decline in fun this game provides, terrible players, increased number of bots and campers and since WG has no clear intention to deal with these problems, this is my new year resolution for WOWS:

1. When friendly players torp me or sets me on fire - I won't repair the damage. If I am in a BB, I may just turn on health regeneration so that punishment becomes more severe for the one that torped me.
  2. If I see combination of AFK players / bots / campers, I will make a circle route around the map for the auto pilot, I will minimize a game will go to do something else. If I am in TX BB, I will sail straight in to largest concentration of enemy players.
  3. I will use mod to turn off chat completely. It has become so disgustingly toxic, there is no point in keeping it on any more.
  4. When I see that someone is trying to help the team, I will help him as well. Chances to find a player like this one is equal to the chance to win a super-container, so we may as well start a topic for this. 

Period of last 3 weeks was worst in WOWS history when it comes to fun and engaging games. Maybe monthly ranked seasons would help? We need more content that requires IQ, something that will separate kids from adults.

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles

When I see that someone is trying to help the team, I will help him as well. Chances to find a player like this one is equal to the chance to win a super-container, so we may as well start a topic for this. 

This should be the prime objective of all players tbh ...

[-TXG-]
Players
2,368 posts

And this is important to the rest of community how?? 

He will put you on ignore now :)  I am already on it which a strange thing to do for a drama queen craving attention.
Edited by bushwacker001

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,328 posts
5,728 battles

Because of constant decline in fun this game provides, terrible players, increased number of bots and campers and since WG has no clear intention to deal with these problems, this is my new year resolution for WOWS:

1. When friendly players torp me or sets me on fire - I won't repair the damage. If I am in a BB, I may just turn on health regeneration so that punishment becomes more severe for the one that torped me.
  2. If I see combination of AFK players / bots / campers, I will make a circle route around the map for the auto pilot, I will minimize a game will go to do something else. If I am in TX BB, I will sail straight in to largest concentration of enemy players.
  3. I will use mod to turn off chat completely. It has become so disgustingly toxic, there is no point in keeping it on any more.
  4. When I see that someone is trying to help the team, I will help him as well. Chances to find a player like this one is equal to the chance to win a super-container, so we may as well start a topic for this. 

Period of last 3 weeks was worst in WOWS history when it comes to fun and engaging games. Maybe monthly ranked seasons would help? We need more content that requires IQ, something that will separate kids from adults.

1. I do that unless I get something like an apology and/or perhaps a warning before they hit.  Accidents do happen but if they can't even say sorry then sod them.
  2. Idiot.
  3. If you insist.
  4. Lol.  Nice attempt to make out like you are not a complete idiot.  Not sure how you plan on picking out the team players you claim you will support since you won't be able to see chat and will have probably gone afk after 1 minute if all ships are not moving.

You could just uninstall rather than waste your time becoming the kind of player that you hate.

• Cool 3

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,965 battles

1. Already doing this. :trollface:

2. Will never do this. Would make me worse than any camper.

3. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Might as well play co-op if you're not going to have chat in a multiplayer game.

4. Already doing this. It's worth all the horrible battles before it.

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

I see...the points 2-3 look very mature to me, spoken like a true adult. Not. 

Regarding 1: doing that too, with great success.

Edited by Jethro_Grey

[COSTS]
[COSTS]
Beta Tester
131 posts
6,953 battles

This should be the prime objective of all players tbh ...

Some of us actually does that, however, once you arrive most of the times the one you are trying to help runs away probably saying to himself "thank god, some other schmuck took the aggro" so for your help, you get to die, alone, then be called a n00b. Helping someone isn't really worth it, even if I would be ridiculously happy if it was so that teamplay was the only way.

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,497 battles

He will put you on ignore now :)  I am already on it which a strange thing to do for a drama queen craving attention.

I just do not get crybabbies. You do not like game just leave it.  But noooo. Lond goodby posts. NY resolutions. Drammaaaaa. 

But really wg does not care. Rest of population do not care. Probably his momy dont care :)

Players
721 posts
10,603 battles

And even with all this you still have fun playing the game and will continue playing? WG must be doing something right.

• Cool 1

[-TXG-]
Players
2,368 posts

I just do not get crybabbies. You do not like game just leave it.  But noooo. Lond goodby posts. NY resolutions. Drammaaaaa. 

But really wg does not care. Rest of population do not care. Probably his momy dont care :)

Totally agree

Players
13 posts
4,004 battles

After next patch. ill be right behinde the BB's.. all game. and smoking them up, when the push cap's. 

if the don't. ill spend alot of time at the 10 line.. :trollface:

[-I-N-]
[-I-N-]
Players
696 posts
12,458 battles

And this is important to the rest of cummunity how?? 

So you know he will make sure the game is lost, when he gets his tantrum:popcorn:

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

And new players will see more idiots in this game and would do the same.

The change starts with you.

Players
236 posts
4,462 battles

There isn't a single multiplayer game what dont have these issues, what already is said there are just a few who screwing up...

Don't bother to much about it i would say, lately i get lots of messages in port and also in the battlechat were young kids trowning there garbage on my lap and you know why they do this, because they were sailing broadside and i punished that or didn't repair there dmg :teethhappy:

Im 43 years old im to old and tired to spend time on those messages and it's actually funny to watch.

Edited by DinkyToy_AW
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
868 posts
5,068 battles

This resolution is working great so far :D

Point no. 3 seems to be most beneficial for game enjoyment. It should be standard part of game. 

So how is turned off chat good for gameplay?

• There is no more drama. I couldn't care less what people are spewing out in chat and since I don't see it (like those ignored individuals here), I am not inclined to answer to those trolls.
  • I can concentrate on game

Results are finally great just because of turned off chat:

SWqMo43.png

cakV6gl.png

Only occasional surprise are like this one:

When you detonate someone

XpbQC9G.jpg

They probably rage in chat and accuse you of being a cheater. Which results in this:

la8xpJr.png

But I couldn't care less, since I am still on top.

CWtHu6U.png

All in all - game has become more enjoyable and less toxic.

You are imagining things. Never had you on ignore nor am I craving attention. There are players like me here that are sick of other players toxic behavior they are pushing here and ingame. They are like angry rabid dogs - they form a pack and start to attack people without provocation for god knows what reason. Best option is to ignore them and to talk with normal, adult and calm people.

Edited by FaceFisted

Alpha Tester
2,070 posts
1,108 battles

Thread closed due to breaches of the forum rules:

2.5 Off Topic, spamming and trolling

This category includes:

• Making non-constructive posts, or creating threads on non-constructive topics