paladin_gunner

New premium CVs...

10 comments in this topic

Players
10 posts
2,479 battles

Would it be possible for 2017, aniversarry of Midway battle to add 2 new CVs 1) The most famous US Cv in the WW II-the USS Enterprise

http://http://www.navsource.org/archives/02/06.htm also known as The Big 'E or Lucky E.  and its Japanese counterpart?

Here is link with data from wikipedia about USS Enterprise https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Enterprise_(CV-6)

It would be best to add long term missions for both of them and to add them to premium shop. 

Because according to its service record the The Big E really deserves its place in Wold of Warships premium shop and in ports of players. 

Here is link for Battle 360 episodes which tell the story and all dangers of Big E/Lucky E or USS Enterprise- 

I and other players would sure love to see USS Enterprise in premium shops and in our ports. And for start can you make Naval Legends episode about USS Enterprise also nick named The Grey Ghost? 

USS_Enterprise_(CV-6)_in_Puget_Sound,_September_1945.jpg

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,661 battles

Why would they add more of the ships they are so desperetly trying to remove from the game, and are pretty succesfull at it?

Players
10 posts
2,479 battles

But i think is not fair for World of Tanks to have much more premiums then World of Warships. Besides adding more premium ships to the game adds versatility to the game, making it more fun.  And on the other hand USS Enterprise is no non sense ship. It endured battles from Midway all to the end of the war. Her crew and pilots introduced night operations for the first time in world wide navy,  without modern technology like infra red vision and radars like today.  On top of that  follow that link and see for your self why it deserves to be in the game. 

http://www.navsource.org/archives/02/06.htm

And if you still don't feel this way watch Battle 360-USS Enterprise episodes on You tube and hear from surviving men both sailors and pilots what dangers this ship has endured and why should be called Naval Legend.

[10GO]
Players
181 posts
10,093 battles

I'm all for Enterprise and Zuikaku as premium CVs. The most storied and distinguished carriers of their respective navies.

Akagi would be acceptable and interesting too, but compared to Zuikaku it really was a ship with a dark fate (the Midway disaster with its hangars and decks loaded with shifted ground strike ordnance feels like a karma comeback of Pearl Harbour). I do hope they will rework the CV UI to be less laggy and frustrating, with a focus of making the propper plane position more visible via the ground markers. Also the US carriers need a complete work over in loadouts, because the option between toothless air superiority decks and defenseless strike loadouts is an utter insult to the competence of US carrier doctrine and has no resemblence in history. It's like arming Yamato with 10 inch guns.

Players
10 posts
2,479 battles

Thank you  for your support and vote Viktor_Slanski.  I agree that Enterprise and Zuikaku as premium CVs are perfect combination. I also think that first they should add missions for both of them, long term if possible because otherwise only elite player with tier X ships can get them in short time and then these CVs should be added to premium shop wihtout deadline like for Lo Yang, Yubari or other ships. 

I also agree that CVs in general should be re worked like you said. And also they should return option to see the ship like you can see other classes, because for now you can see it from only two views. from map and from view made for aircraft management. 

[NED]
Players
4,194 posts
11,706 battles

Why would they add more of the ships they are so desperetly trying to remove from the game, and are pretty succesfull at it?

Are they trying to remove them? I think I saw something on the Forum (can't recall where) an entry WG was busy reworking the CV line.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,417 posts
13,838 battles

Are they trying to remove them? I think I saw something on the Forum (can't recall where) an entry WG was busy reworking the CV line.

Which was scheduled for last year since the year before that ("2016 will be a great year for CVs!" - yeah, right...), so I wouldn't really expect a rework this year either. CV rework doesn't seem to have a very high priority to WG.

I believe they stated that they won't release any new CVs before the rework either.

Edited by El2aZeR

[__]
Beta Tester
734 posts
1,694 battles

there are a few carriers that could be introduced as Premium ships

HMS Avenger- a lend lease Bogue class carrier, (USS Tier 5 Carrier with British aircraft)
Graf Zepplein- the only German carrier to near completion

Enterprise/Hornet/Yorktown- a carrier class not in game

USS Robin- the HMS Illustrious during its brief stint in the US navy to bolster their carrier fleet in the early pacific campaign (British ship with US aircraft on board)

Shinano- a carrier built from the 3rd Yamato hull (might be pushing it a bit with carrier that could carry 160 aircraft)

Vladimir Putin- super carrier with 500 jet aircraft and atomic torpedoes (completely made up... just like the rest of the Russian fleet)

but we are not likely to see any of them until wargaming pulls its finger out, stops pandering to battleship players and gets on with the Carrier revamp as they promised last year

[UK-RN]
[UK-RN]
Players
22 posts
8,025 battles

Honestly I wouldn't bother to introduce any new CVs to the game until they've fixed the current mess. Its difficult enough to get CV players, especially at high tiers. In my opinion CVs totally need a rework including, but not limited to:

-Balance

-Economy

-Interface

-Performance of aircraft under fire (Torps dropped perfectly in a line of 5 whilst under fire from various 20mm/40mm/105mm AA guns....seriously wtf?)

and whilst at it, remove the terrible fighter strafe option (seriously why was this even added?!).