Help please!

6 comments in this topic

[DSD-E]
[DSD-E]
Players
5 posts
8,722 battles

Hey guys,

i hope someone can help me here because right now i am so pissed off that i consider deleting the game! I started using Carriers a few days ago, started with Langley and could find out to use it. Than i bought Bogue and the problems started, after a while i used up almost all my free XP to get Independence and it became even more of a nightmare! So after trying a lot and waisting many flags and all i hope someone can answer me those questions:

1.) How can it be that planes on Bogue miss more than they hit? (sad enough they are so limited compared to Langley)

2.) Why is it that the enemy fighters are ALWAYS more in numbers (even with the same ship used) and much stronger? I mean while my fighters shoot down 1 enemy my whole squadron gets destroyed every time!

3.) How can it be that the enemy with 1 Carrier can have 3-4 squadrons of fighters, 2 Torpedo bombers and 1 Dive Bomber? I saw that several times now, 1 Carrier but all those squadrons all around the map!?!?!?!

As far as i know, the ships should be equal on both sides for a battle, but the enemy carrier is almost more powerfull and has more and stronger planes, and like i said before even with the same ship! How can that be? I mean there is no balance in the battle when one Carrier is stronger in numbers and power for crying out loud!

Do i miss something here?

killabit99

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

Answer to all your qestions - do not play carriers if you barely know this game. And from your post I think you don't know that other nations has other loadouts.

To add more - carriers are nerfed. You won't get much xp or credits even from good games.

To add even more - check those vids: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoRQa0D7yVpc05KETkgPsyZHIRZd980cO

There should be "how to carrier". Learn to strafe, manual drop.

If you have more questions - ask.

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,835 posts
4,190 battles

Go back to Langley and learn manual attack for all plane types. IJN carriers have more squadrons but each smaller. High tier captain skills allow +1 plane in fighter and bomber squadrons. Modules and captain skills can also improve plane firepower and survivability and can explain why you lose "equal" fights. T5 gets used to club so you always meet good players (with high point captains) and T6 is in a bad place due to AA buffs and MM issues. Forget playing those if you don't know what you're doing. Carriers get good again at T8+ but there you REALLY need to know your game first.

Basically carriers are very hard work. There are dozens of more detailed guides if you really want to stick with them.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,304 posts
6,192 battles

1. if you use manual bombing they'll hit just fine

2. i find that hard to believe unless there's some idiot who wasted 5pt skill on a tier 5 ship (and I've never ever seen a tier 5 carrier with it so far)

US carriers:

-Larger squadrons

-Less squadrons

-Very good for specialized air superiority

-Good at specialized bombing

IJN carriers:

-Smaller squadrons

-More squadrons

-Very versatile

I suggest you switch to japanese carriers, in my opinion they're much easier to handle, although they do require more multitasking

Players
1,648 posts
12,122 battles

2. i find that hard to believe unless there's some idiot who wasted 5pt skill on a tier 5 ship (and I've never ever seen a tier 5 carrier with it so far)

There are few but they exist. I have met one Bogue on the red team. Strafed his fighters with my Zuiho's, took down only one, tried to bind them in air combat to allow my bombers to move past, but mine got melted within seconds. And my bombers got strafed shortly after. Didn't expect that to happen, and noticed his 7 plane squad only after he told me so. Also, my Zuiho captain is getting awfully close to lvl 15.

Sign in to follow this