Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TheRomanRuler

What BB would fit me best (including upcoming ones)

14 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
983 battles

I don`t know almost anything about naval warfare, so i need to ask which tier 10 BB would suit me best, including upcoming ones if you can make any guesses based on RL stats. 

Here is what i want:

1. Good AA with long range

2. Good secondaries with long range

3. Good torpedo protection with long range ;) 

4. Being able to take hits and damage. Don´t really care about armor, but i want plenty of HP and numerous secondaries and AA.

What i don´t care about

1. torpedoes (not that many have them)

2.concealment 

3. Manouverability

4. Accuracy

5. Reload time

I understand that ideal ship propably will never be found :) 

Have a nice day!

Edited by TheRomanRuler

Players
383 posts
10,995 battles

Since getting close seems to be your top priority you should give the german ones a go. Survivability is excellent due to turtleback armor and the secondaries are glorious (allready at mid tiers). Hydroacoustic search will allow you to keep well clear of torpedos when pushing in, but be aware that you will suffer heavily, should you take one. Anti air can be a bit lacking, but that won't be a real problem with the upcomming captain skill tree rework in mind

Players
6,008 posts
7,043 battles

You should first watch those videos and learn how to play this game.

Right now, in my opinion, no matter what you would use/play/swim you won't do much.

Those tutorials and "how to" are perfect to learn the basics of WoWs mechanics.

Players
268 posts

Since getting close seems to be your top priority you should give the german ones a go. Survivability is excellent due to turtleback armor and the secondaries are glorious (allready at mid tiers). Hydroacoustic search will allow you to keep well clear of torpedos when pushing in, but be aware that you will suffer heavily, should you take one. Anti air can be a bit lacking, but that won't be a real problem with the upcomming captain skill tree rework in mind

I'd second this and tell you to work towards Bismarck class, as it encompasses most of the things you want.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,399 posts
6,357 battles

Bismarck (it doesn't have long range aa though)

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

Your preferences are saying the German line OP. I highly suggest to go slow through the lines. Also play other lines/ classes: know thy "foe."

[-TXG-]
Players
2,406 posts

I don`t know almost anything about naval warfare, so i need to ask which tier 10 BB would suit me best, including upcoming ones if you can make any guesses based on RL stats. 

Here is what i want:

4. Being able to take hits and damage. Don´t really care about armor, but i want plenty of HP and numerous secondaries and AA.

What i don´t care about

1. torpedoes (not that many have them)

2.concealment 

3. Manouverability

4. Accuracy

5. Reload time

I understand that ideal ship propably will never be found :) 

Have a nice day!

First learn how to play at T4 and T5 before you even think of going much higher. You should at least double your average damage in the New York (18k at the moment) before moving on.

[TTT]
Players
3,938 posts
7,767 battles

Germans indeed - their AA is more middle of the field, but tends to be better than IJN at least... Torp protection is very lacking tho.

As for upcoming ships - we have no way of knowing what the T10s will be since Yamato was the only one that actually got built - and I'm at least not aware of any even remotely advanced plans any of the other nations had for T10 worthy ships except for Montana. Kriegsmarine got the weird Frankenstein's Monstership that is the Großer Kurfürst (amazing ship to play tho, lovin' it!), for the Brits we may see some variant of the Lions, for the French maybe something along the lines of a Super-Alsace, for the Italians no idea whatsoever - but, point is, we simply have no idea at all what WG will end up implementing as the T10s; the Kurfürst has taught us that they will do whatever the heck they want and screw historical precedent and semi-finished plans if it suits them.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,440 posts
8,947 battles

I'm at least not aware of any even remotely advanced plans any of the other nations had for T10 worthy ships except for Montana. Kriegsmarine...

....had several plans (H39-H44) in the ballpark of the FdG/Wurst. Don't know where they found those triple turrets but it could be that the Germans had those plans (triple turrets on the Scharnhorst for example). 

Meaning hydro? Well, duh.

Edited by aboomination

[TTT]
Players
3,938 posts
7,767 battles

....had several plans (H39-H44) in the ballpark of the FdG/Wurst. Don't know where they found those triple turrets but it could be that the Germans had those plans (triple turrets on the Scharnhorst for example). 

I'm aware - hence the

Frankenstein's Monstership

since it's a mashup of various real and "sikrit" plans:)

That wasnt to imply I dont like the ship - I would still have preferred something with maybe 4x2 18" guns with Bismarck style rate of fire (to make up for one less barrel than Yamato), just would have felt more natural and closer to the actual plans (Germans actually had a set preference for dual turrets based on experience and efficiency), but I do really enjoy the Kurfürst as we have it now.

Edited by Tyrendian89

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,710 posts
9,234 battles

I think that the question should boil down to a simple flow chart.

Do you want the North Carolina? ===yes===> Go USN
     ||

||

no
     ||

v
Do you want the Yamato? ===yes===>  Go IJN

||

||

no
     ||

v
Do you not care about individual ships, and want the best overall branch? ===yes===>  Go German

||

||

no
     ||

v

Go German anyways

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles

4. Being able to take hits and

MinoBisYamaKaze is the ship for you ... its half Minotaur, half Bismarck, Half Yamato and half Shimakaze :trollface:
Edited by Ulvesnutepostei

[BTS]
Players
1,064 posts
4,886 battles

Good torpedo protection with long range? Get one of the ARP Kongo class, their Klein Field can stop any corrosive torpedo while still far from the ship herself. The only true menace to them is the vibration torpedo, but it's still in development. 

Sign in to follow this