You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hopkins_Mayflower

Submarines

24 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
235 battles

This game would much more exciting if submarines where introduced, and fit the ships with depth-charges.

Whats your opinion? and how difficult would it be for the game designers to include submarines, after all it is a ship?

[BOATY]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters, Weekend Tester
3,641 posts
15,726 battles

Be ready for a poopstorm. Personally I would love to see them in the game, but sadly most don't see a place for them. Been discussed too many times already and we lose.

Edited by Shaka_D

[KOKOS]
[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,418 posts
11,878 battles

Just 

This game would much more exciting if submarines where introduced

ea3

:red_button:

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
5,090 posts
30,625 battles

I would like some AI submarines to patrol the map borders and sink ships that camp there. :red_button:

• Cool 3

[BOATY]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters, Weekend Tester
3,641 posts
15,726 battles

I would like some AI submarines to patrol the map borders and sink ships that camp there. :red_button:

Now that is an excellent plan, target bb's only.

[D_R_M]
Players
911 posts
18,566 battles

There is another game like this that have implemented submarines. One of the main reasons I do not even consider leaving WOWS for that game is their inclusion of submarines. 

Players
70 posts
4,939 battles

I would not mind submarines as long as they start in the corners and are really just going the historical accurate 7 knots.

[WCBG]
Beta Tester
2,775 posts
22,720 battles

I also agree with that. :)

Players
306 posts
5,559 battles

​Can they ignore CVs though? I don't mind CVs being on the border :P
Edited by Captain_Strawberry

[OGHF]
Players
2,038 posts
33,699 battles

This game would much more exciting if submarines where introduced, and fit the ships with depth-charges.

Whats your opinion? and how difficult would it be for the game designers to include submarines, after all it is a ship?

Errr, No, a Submarine is a Boat, not a ship!!!!!!!

[SCRUB]
Players
5,090 posts
30,625 battles

​Can they ignore CVs though? I don't mind CVs being on the border :P

Sometimes this is okay, but most of the time it isn't. A good CV player moves his ship in such way that his planes will take the a 'short' time to reach and return from their possible targets (but still concealed from enemy fire).

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

why is there no sticky thread about subs? these threads pop up rather often.. well not as often as nerf dd/ca/cv, but still...

Beta Tester
70 posts
19,883 battles

Errr, No, a Submarine is a Boat, not a ship!!!!!!!

At least the German destroyers are boats (that's why most of them don't have names), too. Don't know how they were classified in other navies.

Beta Tester
665 posts
7,033 battles

They are just going to give BBs the ability to dive, after all they already have radar and hydrophones.

And before you ask, NO there will be no depth charges becuase they would be unfair to the poor BBs! Just remember back when torpedoes could actually hurt BBs! 

[BOTES]
Players
260 posts
13,359 battles

Has anyone got that 'beating a dead horse' gif?

​More seriously, if the OP wishes a 'submarine-style' experience, might I suggest the IJN destroyers?  Stealth, torpedoes, near-certain death if spotted, crippling vulnerability to aircraft, it's all there. You even get the ability to dive!*  For added realism, do not exceed 20 knots.

​*: The "surface" ability is not yet ingame...

• Cool 1

Players
4,392 posts
12,107 battles

Well we don't have to "lynch" OP (metaphorically speaking of course) by bringing this subject up. IMO subs do play an unmistakable role in naval warfare. However: I agree they do not fill a niche in this meta. The DD's more or less play the role of stealth"killers." The CV's play an extreme marginal role at best in this same meta. They are like the RN cruisers: very annoying at best but nothing to be "feared" at all. Subs are too slow when submerged and too vulnerable surfaced.

[OGHF]
Players
2,038 posts
33,699 battles

At least the German destroyers are boats (that's why most of them don't have names), too. Don't know how they were classified in other navies.

Noooooo, ' if it floats it is a ship, if it goes under water it is a boat, ffs get it right!!!!! 

Quality Poster
1,695 posts
9,500 battles

Has anyone got that 'beating a dead horse' gif?

​More seriously, if the OP wishes a 'submarine-style' experience, might I suggest the IJN destroyers?  Stealth, torpedoes, near-certain death if spotted, crippling vulnerability to aircraft, it's all there. You even get the ability to dive!*  For added realism, do not exceed 20 knots.

​*: The "surface" ability is not yet ingame...

Pff, every ship can be a submarine..

.. once.

Same goes for minesweeping. :hiding:

There was a mention of WG not completely, categorically saying subs would not be implemented in any way, shape, or form a while ago.

Too lazy and too tired to look it up, but I think it was something like AI subs.

That could work, IF they gave DDs depth charges and hedgehogs.

Beta Tester
1,266 posts
4,213 battles

So how exciting can a class of ships be if it does not exceed 10 knots?

Please - next time - take at least a few seconds to think about what you re going to post before you press send.

Or, you know, use the forum search.

Edited by praetor_jax