You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FaceFisted

Beware of Type 6 gift flags if you have gold

28 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
868 posts
5,081 battles

Beware of these flags if you get them as present

4EWq3u5.png

If you have them on auto resuply, when "gift" runs out, it will start to suck out your gold, 50g per match. It has already done that to me.

Notice that price is not visible in flag selection so average user has NO IDEA that these flags are in fact Trojan horse.

WG used to do this before with consumables in WOT before someone noticed it and they are repeating this AGAIN in WOWS.

You have been warned.

Happy holidays

giphy.gif

Edited by FaceFisted
  • Cool 3

[KLUNJ]
[KLUNJ]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
11,772 battles

been there done it and wondered why the hell my gold was going down at the time

I know of a few people this has happened to and its basically a stealth doubloon tax lol

Players
24 posts
3,244 battles

Aye same thing here, nearly 400 doubloons stealthily snook away so as I wont put up with that kind of thing also just uninstalled the game because of that and flew to lord of the rings online instead. I may well come back to this game at some point but WG will have to have added a warning onscreen in port about peoples doubloons about to be eaten up if they are not more careful. IE a lil box to let you know and back out of the transaction if you wish too.

Edit - Last game a few days ago, last post now :) Happy Holidays everyone but watch those camo's and flag's. May your wakes be straight and your RNG low :)

Edited by Eroneouse

[HIME]
Beta Tester
436 posts
4,780 battles

there is a box to uncheck beside auto ressuply button if you don't want to use ingame currency .

• Cool 4

WG Staff
251 posts
8,689 battles

To prevent this you just have to untick the auto supply Option and after you used the last one of the “Flags” (à Camouflages) you had in stock no new ones will be fitted to your ship.

Edit1: too slow:teethhappy:

Edited by Ketzerer

Players
8,241 posts

Always add manually before a battle. Gets you into a good routine of double checking Consumables, Flags and Camo.

Don't want WG scamming us anymore than what they already do! 

:hiding:

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,870 posts
9,892 battles

They did add the option to not auto-renew a consumable if it required buying a new one.

Personally I don't even keep the more exclusive camos on auto-renew at all, since you can't remove one once it's applied.

Players
8,241 posts

They did add the option to not auto-renew a consumable if it required buying a new one.

Personally I don't even keep the more exclusive camos on auto-renew at all, since you can't remove one once it's applied.

I'm ultra stingy, I only just the XP and flag buffs during bonus events! Maximise the gains!

Beta Tester
868 posts
5,081 battles

there is a box to uncheck beside auto ressuply button if you don't want to use ingame currency .

That is misleading option. What if I want to auto-resuply flags using silver, but don't want to use gold?

This is intentionally poorly made UI where they have unified silver and gold under single option. Real cheap trick.

• Cool 3

Players
8,241 posts

That is misleading option. What if I want to auto-resuply flags using silver, but don't want to use gold?

This is intentionally poorly made UI where they have unified silver and gold under single option. Real cheap trick.

There is a toggle select but I believe it has to be set manually to credits for every ship.

Beta Tester
868 posts
5,081 battles

There is a toggle select but I believe it has to be set manually to credits for every ship.

There is unified, misleading option.

ae8RJXq.png

What is ingame currency? They consider both gold and silver for that.

Players
8,241 posts

There is unified, misleading option.

ae8RJXq.png

What is ingame currency? They consider both gold and silver for that.

Oh snap, you can't buy those for credits no...

Better leave camo on disable auto purchase then!!!

Beta Tester
70 posts
19,883 battles

Ingame currency is any currency you can directly and exclusively use to buy stuff ingame. So it's gold and credits but not EUR, GBP, USD, RUB, Bitcoin or whatever currency you use outside the game. Doesn't get much clearer imo.

Edited by Leutnant_Kramer
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
868 posts
5,081 battles

Ingame currency is any currency you can directly and exclusively use to buy stuff ingame. So it's gold and credits but not EUR, GBP, USD, RUB, Bitcoin or whatever currency you use outside the game. Doesn't get much clearer imo.

There is a big difference.

Silver is earned in game.

Gold is proxy for real money.

Beta Tester
868 posts
5,081 battles

You do not put gold camo (or any camo) on auto-supply, ever...

Didn't you read what I just wrote? When you get GIFT CAMO, prices underneath it disappear and then you have no idea that they cost gold until you start to lose it. 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,924 battles

Didn't you read what I just wrote? When you get GIFT CAMO, prices underneath it disappear and then you have no idea that they cost gold until you start to lose it. 

Type 6 is not gift camo. It has BEEN THERE FOR MONTHS where you could see the prize in gold.

Now there are camos, like halloween, Ocean Camo, Christmas camo and so on that you can not see untill you get them, but you can't buy them anyway, so can't make a mistake with those.

I find it hard to see how a mistake can be made unless the player did not check anything in the first place.

[KLUNJ]
[KLUNJ]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
11,772 battles

Type 6 is not gift camo. It has BEEN THERE FOR MONTHS where you could see the prize in gold.

Now there are camos, like halloween, Ocean Camo, Christmas camo and so on that you can not see untill you get them, but you can't buy them anyway, so can't make a mistake with those.

I find it hard to see how a mistake can be made unless the player did not check anything in the first place.

isn't the type 6 the only camo you can buy for gold unless a special is on?

you do get this camo in santa gift boxes and in normal crates in game and I believe you can get some from the campaigns but I could be wrong with the last one

now some people who don't invest much money into this game use what bit of gold they have for buying the odd premium days and for dismounting modifications on ship to use on another

it does tell you that the camo costs 50 gold but as its the only one that tells you this it is easy to miss

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,924 battles

isn't the type 6 the only camo you can buy for gold unless a special is on?

Yes it is, except for the perma camos ofcourse. But I hope nobody buys those by mistake. If they do, they deserve a knocking on the head :D

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
868 posts
5,081 battles

You are wrong.

They gave that camo as gifts from crates and now in missions. Since I am not crazy to spend 50g per game on camo, I haven't paid much attention to it. Think bout it - who is crazy enough to spend 50g per match? Obviously only people like Pablo Escobar, who burn money to heat themselves during winter ;)

It's icon is pretty similar to Oceans Soul that is conveniently placed right next to it when you have it.

Plus there is another logical "error", but I personally think that this is designed flaw. Lets make parallel with consumables - you can buy them for gold or for silver. When you run out of silver, but you have gold on account and you have ticked "resupply with ingame currency" - it won't spend any gold. It will revert to free variant. This was widely discussed on WOT forums when it was introduced because of player outrage. I think I lost 500g before I figured out what was happening and later similar amount after new patch where they conveniently switched resupply from silver to gold for everyone.    

So, why is this such a special case? Because it's meant to suck gold out of players accounts and then pin it to players as their error. This is a shady, gray area, but everyone with half a brain can see it for what it is - a fraud. I am certain that they will correct this eventually, but I am also certain that they know about it and that they won't lift a finger until players make outrage on forums once again. It seems that this is they only way to get something done here :-/

And really, f**k the game where I have to worry about money traps like this one. I have already spent a ton of cash here and now I have to watch my step in UI?!? This is normal for you people?

Better term is brainless apologists

Edited by FaceFisted

[TAKEN]
Players
37,168 posts
18,452 battles

It does not matter. Just do not do it. Ever.

[TAKEN]
Players
37,168 posts
18,452 battles

post-529243319-0-91393700-1482676730.jpg

Gold.jpg

Gold.jpg