RUSSIANBlAS

WG & EU

22 comments in this topic

Players
8,241 posts

I expect this to get closed fairly quickly but I can potentially see a mess like this killing the game in the EU prematurely.

Whilst every multiplayer game has a life cycle and will end some day, the consistent disasters over how our server is treated seems to have come to a head for some among us.

Take my situation:

I've got 50+ ships, pretty much everything I realistically want to play now. Half considering grinding new lines, usually get Premium time. Hit R1 last season, not a massive amount to play for except enjoyment.

Recent events have encouraged me not to spend a penny more until there is a re-examination of how the EU is treated compared to other parts of the world. Different treatment because of geographical borders is discrimination nothing less. 

However I'll likely continue to play, as I don't need to spent anything to enjoy the fleet I already have.

Enough players like me will bring in £0.00p into the game. Essentially players like me will be a drain on the resources.

WG still need to maintain the servers and run a business. No income means bad things.

Surely this sort of treatment isn't how a F2P game should be run?

It's a massive shame as the game itself is progressing well and I can see some decent thought going into the gameplay and balance.

Yes, it is only a game and we "should" be grateful we are getting essentially a £20+ ship for free but it's a little unpleasant to look over and see others potentially having better rewards. Feeling discriminated against is something a lot of people feel very strongly about. I would honestly have bought various items this December had I felt a little better about how it's gone for us EU players.

All WG staff, whether making the decisions or posting on the forums seem not to be able to grasp or address this. 

:(

• Cool 5

[-AWF-]
Players
1,207 posts
6,812 battles

[edited]

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK

Weekend Tester
477 posts
6,352 battles

Oh well they just censored my signature because it "broke forum rules"....:teethhappy:

Oh yeah, the pic was offensive. To WG.

I used my mad paint skills.

Players
341 posts
8,322 battles

WGNA: Crap guys, our server population is too low, euros halp! Send some players over!

WGEU: No probs chaps, check this out!

WGNA: 0Q6wAtu0.png

Edited by XTHD
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,569 battles

Well, they censored the middle finger since forever, so no surprise here. The only middle finger allowed on this forum is the huge one we see during every event.

• Cool 1

Players
144 posts
4,690 battles

Nobody is being discriminated over geographical borders. If anything, it's over money, which is largely the same thing, but still.. details!

Players
8,241 posts

Seriously how does WG EU mess things up this hard?

Until this AGS event I was neutral, maybe even positive towards WG in general. I've bought Tirpitz, Scharn, Arizona, Texas, Warspite, Atago, Atlanta, Atago, etc and would be happy to spend more.

How does a company that is meant to sell its product do that to someone? :teethhappy:

[GURKA]
Players
400 posts
13,398 battles

Yes, keep it up. Not acceptable. I WANT to support this game, but WG EU needs to be fair and give us parity. I don't want to go to the NA server, I want this server to work for us! Please Tuccy, tell the overlords to do the right thing and make that change.... ...come on WG EU, do the right thing.

[SOKRN]
Players
182 posts
15,515 battles

It's beyond my understanding how WG thought this will be received well. Is treating all regions the same way and fair way so hard? Do WG think EU people have more EUR than they can spend so they won't care?

I believe an official communique from WG would be more than welcome.

Weekend Tester
87 posts
5,783 battles

It's beyond my understanding how WG thought this will be received well. Is treating all regions the same way and fair way so hard? Do WG think EU people have more EUR than they can spend so they won't care?

I believe an official communique from WG would be more than welcome.

Well, there were two posts from Tuccy, basically saying "we wait for more feedback". What he meant was: We will wait till end of January and meanwhile we'll enjoy our holiday. After that we will do the same crap again.
Edited by kemiad

[GURKA]
Players
400 posts
13,398 battles

Keep up the pressure. Post on here, post on the reddit. Send them a tweet; https://twitter.com/Wargaming_netEN and write on the facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/WorldOfWarships/

Show Wargaming that we want parity, I don't want to team kill people or abuse anyone but I would like fair treatment from WG!

Weekend Tester
87 posts
5,783 battles

Keep up the pressure. Post on here, post on the reddit. Send them a tweet; https://twitter.com/Wargaming_netEN and write on the facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/WorldOfWarships/

Show Wargaming that we want parity, I don't want to team kill people or abuse anyone but I would like fair treatment from WG!

That's it. It's not about not wanting to support the game with money. Just an equal treatment for all players.

Players
8,241 posts

That's it. It's not about not wanting to support the game with money. Just an equal treatment for all players.

One of my issues which I'm sure a lot will understand is if we were treated equally we WOULD spend in the shop.

It REALLY is that simple but WG or WG EU cannot understand this.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,207 posts
14,708 battles

Enough players like me will bring in £0.00p into the game. Essentially players like me will be a drain on the resources.

Quite the opposite.  Next to paying, playing is the best thing you can do to help WG.  They need the servers to be populated.  Believe it or not, you pay with free play.

Players
8,241 posts

Quite the opposite.  Next to paying, playing is the best thing you can do to help WG.  They need the servers to be populated.  Believe it or not, you pay with free play.

Hmm maybe, the masses who don't post on the forum and play this game casually are probably countless.

Likely to be the same sort of player that has potato levelled at them all the time.

There's enough of those to keep WG going years after we've all moved on and they probably bring in the money regardless :sceptic:

Players
2,440 posts
15,193 battles

This is done every time a new mission or special event comes up and time and time again the players have to protest and raise their voice. It just seems that WG does not want to understand that we do not ask for much, but just want equal treatment. It is really a shame that customers have to protest over and over to a company that lives from our money.

I for my part consider to leave EU and try out NA or stop playing WoWs at all. I have already told my wife and my son, both play WoWs too, that we will not spend one cent more on WG other than maybe premium time. While i'm happy with my default ships and a Blys as only premium ship, my wife and my son both have combined a total of 17 premium ships, in addition to the premium time, doubloons and other stuff. So i have already spent more than enough money to WG but this came to an end.

If they want my money, THEY have to convince me with a quality product and equal treatment to spend money on them and it is NOT on me to run after them and beg them to please please give me the same value for my money that other regions get for cheaper!

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,207 posts
14,708 battles

Hmm maybe, the masses who don't post on the forum and play this game casually are probably countless.

Likely to be the same sort of player that has potato levelled at them all the time.

There's enough of those to keep WG going years after we've all moved on and they probably bring in the money regardless :sceptic:

So you know I'm out of "likes" for the day... but yeas.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,859 posts

Since this looks more like a "positive criticism" thread, I'll leave this here rather than in the big "rage" thread:

This approach by WG (EU) saddens me deeply. I love this game, I have since I entered CBT. I want this game to be healthy, to have a caring community.

In my opinion, WG (EU) has sabotaged this lately with GNB (only minor in my opinion, although some people feel more strongly about that one), Missouri, Alabama and now this.

It should mean a lot that in two days WG puts 3 articles on the main page for great events. The Graf Spee event in itself is actually very good. So is the Marathon event. Both provide us with huge piles of free stuff. And the Santa event is fun too.

But despite those 3 great events, the forums are burning. People are giving middle fingers to WG (EU) in signatures and people are rioting. It's the season of goodwill and happiness, we have 3 really good events, and yet there is only rage. The screw up this time is so massive, it overrules everything. Achieving such high levels of screw up in itself is almost an achievement.

I do not want to rage. I do not want to riot. I want to go to the forums and write about how nice the events are. But I cannot. WG does not want me to be happy. This truly makes me sad. I am afraid this game, which I love, will die because of WG (EU)s way of mocking the EU community. I am afraid this was just too much for too many people. I fear too many people will quit, which can only harm the game. I care not for the company, but this is just a very very sad day for the community and the game. Somewhere deep within me I even feel sorry for Tuccy and Conway, who have drawn a lot of rage today, yesterday and some former events. I truly hope you guys realise this rage is not personal (at least from me, and I truly hope also for the majority of people), but aimed at WG as a company and the dicision makers.

• Cool 2

Players
1 post
476 battles

I'm giving up an account where I spent over 120€ in 6 weeks to start another on the NA server, and this time I'll be much less inclined to spend money behond premium time. I am tired of the veiled contempt the EU team has for it's playerbase. 

Alpha Tester
2,070 posts
1,152 battles

Thread closed due to breaches of the forum rules:

2.5 Off Topic, spamming and trolling

This category includes:

• Creation of topics that already exist on the forum (Please use search and add to existing topics were possible)