You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ebu34

Mutsu-Nagato class premium TierVII BB

44 comments in this topic

[TTTX]
Players
1,841 posts
7,432 battles

​Eh!!!!!! Hows that going to work with 410mm guns at 6?

Looks like it's basically gonna be a stock Nagato, so the guns won't have nearly the pen you are used to from 16" guns(due to the worse shells).

Players
1,139 posts

Its taken me ages to grind to the Nagato. Only had a few games in it, but clearly it can pack a punch. Had a few good cits on other BB's. I had a love/hate relationship with the Fuso, it took me a long time to like it, so it will be interesting to see how this performs at 6.

[LEWD]
Players
327 posts

Looks like it's basically gonna be a stock Nagato, so the guns won't have nearly the pen you are used to from 16" guns(due to the worse shells).

Also stock Nagato armor aswell i guess?

Alpha Tester
1,103 posts
2,741 battles

I have been a fan of the Nagato ever since alpha. However, the Mutsu makes me doubt it´s worth, especially if tiered at 6. A stock Mutsu will bring a rather lousy AA rating, poor steering and reduced effectiveness of the her main armament. So, after all, you will get a pretty clumsy BB with the biggest guns of it´s tier (yay!) but horrible softstats in terms of reload, accuracy, penetration (thanks to WWI ammunition), range, steering, AAA, and even armorwise, since any of the more recognizable armor upgrades should be missing. Any upgraded Fuso will be way superior in pure game performance, and even the good old Warspite might be overall better.

I´d rather take a tier 7 Mutsu with good all around stats than a stock tier 6 one.

Downgrading BBs a tier is just of sense and use when it comes to the german WWI dreadnaughts, like the one we already got at tier 3...

Edited by Vaderan

Players
52 posts

I have been a fan of the Nagato ever since alpha. However, the Mutsu makes me doubt it´s worth, especially if tiered at 6. A stock Mutsu will bring a rather lousy AA rating, poor steering and reduced effectiveness of the her main armament. So, after all, you will get a pretty clumsy BB with the biggest guns of it´s tier (yay!) but horrible softstats in terms of reload, accuracy, penetration, steering, AAA, and even armorwise. Any upgraded Fuso will be way superior in pure game performance, and even the good old Warspite might be overall better.

I´d rather take a tier 7 Mutsu with good all around stats than a stock tier 6 one.

Downgrading BBs a tier is just of sense and use when it comes to the german WWI dreadnaughts, like the one we already got at tier 3...

Sounds like the anti-Scharnhorst

[BBMM]
Alpha Tester
411 posts
10,523 battles

The real question is if it will keep the 6km range on the secondaries. A secondary build at T6 sounds like a lot of fun.

[D_R_M]
Players
911 posts
18,566 battles

Will it have a danger that one of the crewmen blow the ship up if they get disgruntled?

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,052 posts
8,765 battles

Also stock Nagato armor aswell i guess?

That's a pretty safe bet. If you are going to upgrade the internal armour, you might as well upgrade the other stuff too. Would be pretty silly to pull the ship apart and put it together exactly the same as before.

So a stock Nagato at T6, which really is T7 these days... Yeah I can't see that being much fun. Sure, she is likely to not have stock rudder shift or speed, so there is that, but derpy guns, 35 second reload (lol) and poor penetration for the size. And imagine the AA...

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,934 posts
8,405 battles

So the high tiered IJN Battleship we were promised will be a tier 6 or maybe a tier 7? Thats mid tier and not really that tier 8 everyone is looking for... I love Nagato, but I don't need another tier 6 prem on top of Warspite, Dunkek and Arizona... 

Players
8,241 posts

The real question is if it will keep the 6km range on the secondaries. A secondary build at T6 sounds like a lot of fun.

A secondary build at T6 will suck... It needs to be T7 or above to take advantage of the better captain skill!
  • Cool 1

Players
2,832 posts
21,712 battles

and if i interpreted the info correctly  it is T7 with limited MM (+-1) 

it somewhere reads tier 6 tier 7 tier 8 !?

when i first read "premium nagato" i was like "shut up and take my money!" 

after reading its a stock nagato i was as disapointed as when i read about

the prince eugen beeing nothing more than a overpriced hipper and the spee beeing medicore at best

:(

• Cool 1

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
8,369 battles

Here's a graph from reddit: difference between type 88 shells and type 91 compared to other tier 6 BBs

SsEX8cF.png

• Cool 1

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
8,369 battles

Goodness, that's hilariously bad for a ship that doesn't have the advantages Bayern has (being the least powerful, but still close to Mutsu). There has to be more to this story.

Well, she would probably have Nagato's HP pool, since WG made it so HP goes up when upgrading hulls. The speed shouldn't be the same as Nagato's stock speed because that's the not historical top speed of the Nagato-class. In fact, The Nagatos got slower after refit.

Her stats should be leaked soon a day or two after the new patch hits on the 22nd, so we'll see. 

Honestly, I wish the ship will fail and not many buy it, to show WG that they have to work their [edited]off creating ships, not just copy-paste stock hulls, especially since it seems that's all the IJN seem to be getting lately.

• Cool 2

Players
8,241 posts

Well, she would probably have Nagato's HP pool, since WG made it so HP goes up when upgrading hulls. The speed shouldn't be the same as Nagato's stock speed because that's the not historical top speed of the Nagato-class. In fact, The Nagatos got slower after refit.

Her stats should be leaked soon a day or two after the new patch hits on the 22nd, so we'll see. 

Honestly, I wish the ship will fail and not many buy it, to show WG that they have to work their [edited]off creating ships, not just copy-paste stock hulls, especially since it seems that's all the IJN seem to be getting lately.

Again it shows WG's Prem ship policy to be all over the place if Mutsu is a weak Nagato. How some are blatant P2W, others totally unique and others plain awful/weak.

[LEWD]
Players
327 posts

That's a pretty safe bet. If you are going to upgrade the internal armour, you might as well upgrade the other stuff too. Would be pretty silly to pull the ship apart and put it together exactly the same as before.

So a stock Nagato at T6, which really is T7 these days... Yeah I can't see that being much fun. Sure, she is likely to not have stock rudder shift or speed, so there is that, but derpy guns, 35 second reload (lol) and poor penetration for the size. And imagine the AA...

Stock Nagato armor. I wouldnt mind bad AA or somehow speed but stock shells and armor. Thx. Keep it for yourself WG.