Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HMCite

Tier 8 vs Tier 10 in random battles

77 comments in this topic

[PNAVY]
Players
65 posts
30,905 battles

Hello Every one,

I used to play CV , reached t8 on both IJN and US , and stopped playing CV coz its planes are useless against t9 and t10 ships AA.

Started playing BB, reached t8 on German and US ships, sigghhhhh , now i am being bullied By t10 cruisers and DDs all the time.

I am not sure if other people agree or not, but i am pretty annoyed with wargaming Match Maker for tier 8 series.

Most of the times my division is the only t8 in our team, and all the rest ships are t9, t10 and as soon as i see the match making, i loose interest in the game.

Untill reaching t8, i have been playing against 2 higher tier ships and it was perfectly okay, but with t8 when i play with t9 , t10 ships, i start hating the match maker.

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

yup, t8 against t10 is quite a big jump. There are quite a few ships that can handle being lowest tier, but some are just not fun. Thats one of the main reasons I don't play my Amagi that much since they changed matchmaking. You end in t10 battles more often then not, and since I have Yamato as well, its simply a waste not to take Yamato in a battle...

The best tier atm, is tier 7 and 10 ofc, while t5 gets screwed a lot, and t8 ain't in a such a nice spot either.

And well, if you enjoy high tier games (a lot of people don't), endure it a bit, get yourself t9 ship and it will be a lot easier. Best advice I can give to you atm.

• Cool 1

Players
8,241 posts

WG did a little too well selling all those T10 Prem Camos with lowered repair and more earnings.

I always thought they had a policy of making T10 the special occasion tier.

But they heard the cash register chime and now T8 ships pay the price for it :sceptic:

• Cool 2

Players
44 posts
9,693 battles

Its really annoying when you try grinding for a low tier such as a T6 and almost always end up with T8 or T7.When you try to play T8 you end up with T10 and T9 and the cycle keeps on going on.I would really appreciate with WG fixes this Match making problem as it is something that happened in the latest patches.

• Cool 3

[PN4VY]
Players
50 posts
11,426 battles

I think CVs as a whole are just a massive derp on part of WG. I myself am facing such trouble. WG has acknowledged this and hopefully a fix is on the horizon for 2017.

• Cool 1

[SV]
[SV]
Players
55 posts
10,517 battles

Feels sometime they are looking for the same worthless matchmaking they have in WoT. Guess who gonna stop playing if they copy WoT

• Cool 1

Players
8,241 posts

I think CVs as a whole are just a massive derp on part of WG. I myself am facing such trouble. WG has acknowledged this and hopefully a fix is on the horizon for 2017.

If by CV "fix" you mean being able to launch planes whilst on fire and having stealth planes on their return trip (whilst being slowed down significantly) then yes a fix is coming :trollface:

Players
55 posts
17,813 battles

WG should limit the match making with only 1 tier differnce so that match becomes fair enough...till they even consider that the only thing u can do as a lower tier player in a higher tier battle is avoid the higher toer ships and let ur higher tier ships deal with them, dont yolo as lower tier and wait for the window of oppertunity when their guns arnt facing u and as a cv wait till much of their aa has been destroyed by damage or pick on lower health ships also attack with ur bombers in close formation so atleast ull get abetter chance at hitting. WG needs to consider the 1 tier differnce in MM

• Cool 2

Players
4,273 posts
14,843 battles

Tier 8 is the worst mm IMHO. It gets shafted more often then not. Tier 7 is the best :great:

It should be 1 tier difference, I don't know what WG are thinking? There mental.

...Of Course its money reasons.

• Cool 3

[PNAVY]
Players
65 posts
30,905 battles

yup, t8 against t10 is quite a big jump. There are quite a few ships that can handle being lowest tier, but some are just not fun. Thats one of the main reasons I don't play my Amagi that much since they changed matchmaking. You end in t10 battles more often then not, and since I have Yamato as well, its simply a waste not to take Yamato in a battle...

The best tier atm, is tier 7 and 10 ofc, while t5 gets screwed a lot, and t8 ain't in a such a nice spot either.

And well, if you enjoy high tier games (a lot of people don't), endure it a bit, get yourself t9 ship and it will be a lot easier. Best advice I can give to you atm.

Yes dear, i have 3 tier 9 ships and when i use them, I think other t8s in game must feel being bullied.

Still i think your advice is a good one and i will stick to it untill there is a better alternative

[PNAVY]
Players
65 posts
30,905 battles

WG did a little too well selling all those T10 Prem Camos with lowered repair and more earnings.

I always thought they had a policy of making T10 the special occasion tier.

But they heard the cash register chime and now T8 ships pay the price for it :sceptic:

I had no idea about that, but if thats true , then yeah, we are getting the heat while playing t8 ships....

[PNAVY]
Players
65 posts
30,905 battles

I hope they do it fast... cant wait to play my CVs again after a long time

[PNAVY]
Players
65 posts
30,905 battles

Tier 8 is the worst mm IMHO. It gets shafted more often then not. Tier 7 is the best :great:

It should be 1 tier difference, I don't know what WG are thinking? There mental.

...Of Course its money reasons.

many people talking about tier 7... seems i have to buy my t7 ships again and probably say good bye to tier 8 untill this issue is resolved

Players
197 posts

The probable reason Tier 8s are getting pulled into tie 10 matches so often could be too few tier 10 players. So tier 8s get pulled in to make  up the canoom foddr. It's similar to Wot, that is why so many premiums on sale are tier 8s without the special matchmaking.

• Cool 1

[NBS]
Privateer
268 posts
10,525 battles

Meh I just take Tier 8 as a challenge. 

It takes skill to be consistently good in tier 8 ships. 

You will always find ships that coutner you hard. And even more so in High tier games where players are more experienced and know how to pull their strings to get what they want.

Edited by silence5

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

The probable reason Tier 8s are getting pulled into tie 10 matches so often could be too few tier 10 players. So tier 8s get pulled in to make  up the canoom foddr. It's similar to Wot, that is why so many premiums on sale are tier 8s without the special matchmaking.

They changed the MM few patches ago so t3-4 can only get +1-1 MM

That resulted in bunch of t5-6 CONSTANTLY getting with t7, and ofc, if t7s are against t5-6, then t8 can only be in t8-10. Couple that with "not that many" people playing t10 at the same time as lets say t5-6, so they need to fill the empty spaces, and you have a perfect sample where t8s can end up.

So, to "protect" new players, aka t3-4 they screwed up whole "pyramid" and as much as you are "protected" at t4, you are screwed as soon as you jump into t5. But, devs have an idea that t5 ships are perfectly capable of doing good in t7 matches (they are not) etc etc.

• Cool 6

[PP-PP]
Players
322 posts
15,780 battles

Could WG please give my T8 ships T10 stats and all the other goodies T10 ships get, cos lets face it, the MM classes them as T10 ships.

Or maybe sense could prevail and when i take a T8 ship i get a T8 battle, and if you can't manage that then maybe consider offering refunds on my t8 premium ships, which are advertised and balanced as T8 vessels, but get matched as T10, which is false advertising.

• Cool 2

[POP]
Alpha Tester
15 posts
3,520 battles

Meh, unless driving a tier 8  DD, i get thrown in to a tier  X game, i just quit... saves a fuckton of my nerves. Currently so goddamn fed up with this crap.

• Cool 1

Players
5,663 posts

I feel like a +/- 1 MM ambasador .. and I will keep doing it:B

WG consider implementing +/- 1 MM for ALL tiers.

Of all the problems this game has this is the most frustrating one ...

Edited by nambr9
  • Cool 4

Players
472 posts
3,545 battles

Yeah, T8 is horrible these days. I am grinding Amagi at the moment and it's T10 fiesta all day long. Same thing with Mogami (or Takao I recently got). I can pinpoint the day that particular patch hit by looking at my win rate in those ships. Earlier I had around 65% in both Amagi and Mogami. Since then, well... let's say it plummeted quite a bit (while my average damage in both is up).... 

Edited by Pajosaurus
  • Cool 1

Players
3,015 posts
7,832 battles

IMHO being low-tier is much less painful on a T8-ship than on a T6-ship. And being low-tier has an enjoying side: You need not to carry your team, you can play just for fun. And if you succeed, the reward is even higher.

The matchmaker's problem is that WoWs is full of Bismarcks and Tirpitzes, so it puts T8 ships whereever it can put them.

• Cool 1

Players
472 posts
3,545 battles

IMHO being low-tier is much less painful on a T8-ship than on a T6-ship. And being low-tier has an enjoying side: You need not to carry your team, you can play just for fun. And if you succeed, the reward is even higher.

Depends on the ship. I find playing a T8 cruiser in a T10 game a f***ing nightmare. DDs can fare better. On the other hand, New Mexico doesn't give a crap about tiers if you play it smart.

Edited by Pajosaurus
  • Cool 2

[GRNPA]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
10,330 battles

Paranoid schizophrenia in full effect.

Evil T8 players are sealclubbing me, my T6 ships see only T8 MM, WG fix your MM!11!!!1!

Evil T10 players are sealclubbing me, my T8 ships only see T10 MM, WG fix it!11!!

I feel like a +/- 1 MM ambasador .. and I will keep doing it

WG always rejected every +/- 1 MM proposal in WoT with a low of 80k players online during the night on the RU server cluster. The EU server cluster falls down to 10k players during the night, while WoWs falls to ~ 1,8k players.

+/-2 MM will stay for reasons of variety in ships you can meet and for the MM being able to find matches the whole day long and by the way, do you guys remember +/- 3 MM? People havent been whining back then, so man up.

Players
8,241 posts

I feel like a +/- 1 MM ambasador .. and I will keep doing it:B

meh whist I find +/-2 fine, I can certainly see the argument. 

I agree :red_button:

Edited by Negativvv

Sign in to follow this