Sign in to follow this  
Cadelanne

Hakuryu : Air group mod. 3 or Flight control mod. 2

6 comments in this topic

[CXIV]
Players
519 posts
3,718 battles

Title pretty much sums it up. Don't know which of these upgrades I should go for. I'm running Air group mod. 3 on my Taiho but I'm wondering if plane speed couldn't be in fact superior. Easier positionning, faster drop, so less time spent in AA. Faster returning. Easier fighter micromanagement. What do you think about it.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,686 posts
25,599 battles

I used to run plane speed on my Taiho, I've since switched to HP.

Haven't really felt too much of a difference in both categories, so I'd say try them out both if you have the cash and choose whatever feels better for you.

Players
4,274 posts
14,844 battles

IMHO, HP for IJN planes..not too much of a difference to be honest but HP helps them more than speed does, it help more with the drops..

[POMF]
Players
513 posts
12,839 battles

Title pretty much sums it up. Don't know which of these upgrades I should go for. I'm running Air group mod. 3 on my Taiho but I'm wondering if plane speed couldn't be in fact superior. Easier positionning, faster drop, so less time spent in AA. Faster returning. Easier fighter micromanagement. What do you think about it.

HP, speed is only arguebly bettter if u run fighterloadouts.....

or when the cv comes across weak aa targets or if u attack targets very far away from your vessel

I used to run increased AA before defensiv aa was a thing, then again I found myself too often sniping the cv anyway so I switched back.

Alpha Tester
2,303 posts
1,144 battles

There are benefits to both and while I was talking with some experienced CV players we never really reached any decisive conclusion. 
HP benefit is more reliable as you will always get what it provides.
Speed benefits are comparable in terms of survivability, but at the same time you need to be much more precise with your movement and not waste it on pointless circling and other stuff. There is also the fact that speed is tied to drop circle so with that mod your drop circle should be slightly bigger. There is also fact that you have fighter speed. Speed is the strongest stat CVs can have, but in this situation thing is not that simple.

Overall I think that you can't go wrong with this decision and your preference will depend on your... preference, not performance. If you are not sure, then I would go for HP as it's simply more reliable. 

[CXIV]
Players
519 posts
3,718 battles

There are benefits to both and while I was talking with some experienced CV players we never really reached any decisive conclusion. 

HP benefit is more reliable as you will always get what it provides.

Speed benefits are comparable in terms of survivability, but at the same time you need to be much more precise with your movement and not waste it on pointless circling and other stuff. There is also the fact that speed is tied to drop circle so with that mod your drop circle should be slightly bigger. There is also fact that you have fighter speed. Speed is the strongest stat CVs can have, but in this situation thing is not that simple.

Overall I think that you can't go wrong with this decision and your preference will depend on your... preference, not performance. If you are not sure, then I would go for HP as it's simply more reliable. 

Will, since speed boost is 5% and not the 10% I remembered I think I'll go for HPs.

Sign in to follow this