Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

7 comments in this topic

[PEZ]
Players
147 posts
11,893 battles

Hey guys,

Theres a new in-battle theme song which seemed to be introduced since 0.5.14 which I really like.

To best describe it... It's like a woman humming some kind epic rhythm. haha.

I've tried to look on the world of warships soundcloud but it looks like they months out of date.

(Or where do i find the game music files?)

Players
341 posts
8,322 battles

Go to whatever directory wows is installed in, then

res/banks

You need a converter for the .wem files, check this link: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/34375-how-to-extract-the-new-sound-files/page__pid__489282#entry489282

All the files are have seemingly random number combinations as names, so you'll kinda  have to listen through them all until you find the track you want.

[PEZ]
Players
147 posts
11,893 battles

Go to whatever directory wows is installed in, then

res/banks

You need a converter for the .wem files, check this link: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/34375-how-to-extract-the-new-sound-files/page__pid__489282#entry489282

All the files are have seemingly random number combinations as names, so you'll kinda  have to listen through them all until you find the track you want.

ah mate,

Thanks for the info, done all of this, didn't work. Researched more. got it to work, but there are SO many different folders. I can only seem to find all the small system sounds. Can't seem to find the actual music. ):

Weekend Tester
1,677 posts
18,664 battles

Hey guys,

Theres a new in-battle theme song which seemed to be introduced since 0.5.14 which I really like.

To best describe it... It's like a woman humming some kind epic rhythm. haha.

I've tried to look on the world of warships soundcloud but it looks like they months out of date.

(Or where do i find the game music files?)

I believe you are referring to the song: Follow me

You can find it (including all soundtracks) on soundclud.

Link to the soundtrack in question:

Players
341 posts
8,322 battles

ah mate,

Thanks for the info, done all of this, didn't work. Researched more. got it to work, but there are SO many different folders. I can only seem to find all the small system sounds. Can't seem to find the actual music. ):

There is a lot of files in the res/banks folder (383 in mine) named stuff like 156164021.wem. Many of those are music tracks. Just add them all to a playlist and sort by length, so you don't have to deal with the 3-second long ones.

[PEZ]
Players
147 posts
11,893 battles

There is a lot of files in the res/banks folder (383 in mine) named stuff like 156164021.wem. Many of those are music tracks. Just add them all to a playlist and sort by length, so you don't have to deal with the 3-second long ones.

Yeah I've done this, thy all seem to be terrible quality or the good quality and the one ones...!

I give up haha.

I believe you are referring to the song: Follow me

You can find it (including all soundtracks) on soundclud.

Link to the soundtrack in question:

Thanks for the info, but this isn't it unfortunately. This is one of the original theme songs which has been around for a while now.

The one I'm referring too is brand new and has only been in it since around 0.5.14.

I'm going to record it on my phone when it next comes up.

Sign in to follow this