You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
theshadow9929

German BB Accuracy

GERMAN ACCURACY  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Accuracy of German Battleships be Buffed to atleast be COMPETITIVE?

110 comments in this topic

Markos   

Ahahaha, NO.

I have a fair bit of experience in the German BB's and up to now (about T6) they have been the easiest ships for me to run.

Now, why do I complain about BB's? Well, I am primarily a CA/CL/DD player. BB's will rape my CA's and CL's from across the map before I can do anything whilst my DD's will almost never hit a Battleship because the torpedo's have been nerfed to oblivion.

Take this game: I was running my new T7 IJN Torpedo DD and spotted an enemy Battleship (that T8 American one) on his own, sailing in a straight line, so I did the obvious and launched a full spread at him. He ran on in his line, then suddenly turned whilst me torpedo's where still a good 2KM out, slipped between them, and then resumed his previous course. I could do nothing. Likewise, I have fired these torpedo's at the Tirpitz and Kaiser at ranges down to, and including, 4 KM and they have managed to dodge them. it does not matter if I am spotted or not, they WILL detect my torpedo's and they WILL turn into them.

And all because the useless, braindead BBabies whinged and wailed and whined because their precious BB was unable to sail unsupported and on its own i a straight line in the open sea without being punished for such blatant stupidity.

But I guess that you are one of those players whom believes that IJN torpedo's are stupidly over powered and should be reduced to 30 knots with a range of 6KM and a detectable range of 5KM.

I never said that. I enjoy my IJN dds.

I will take your word for that because this is obviously not your main account. Bbs oneshot cruisers across map only if they sail in straight line but even then it is down to rng. Also torpedos will never be reliable weapon agianst competent players regardles of buffs because they will always keep changing course. Yes IJN dds could get there torps buffed a bit and also nerf detection of some us dds torps (eg. Fletcher) so they are not better torpedo boats then IJN dds.

Myrmix   

Yes, they have bad accuracy and I always curse my rng when I'm sailing them. But they also have the firerate to balance it. Imagine something like the Amagi shooting every 26 seconds. No thanks.

Yes the accuracy should be buffed, no doubt. It is the one thing germans set high value on. Thats why the Bismacks sunk the Hood with just a few salvoes. They had one of the most advanced fire control systems. And therefore one of the lowest calibre. And it is more than annoying to see salvo after salvo missing. Nerf the sidearms if it is too strong and increase the reload a second or two if you think it is too fast. But yes, accuracy needs to be buffed.

It is the same with the german tanks in WoT. They are not known for their high alhpa damage but for their accuracy.

Edited by Cyberwolf0158

Kazomir   

Yes the accuracy should be buffed, no doubt. It is the one thing germans set high value on. Thats why the Bismacks sunk the Hood with just a few salvoes. They had one of the most advanced fire control systems. And therefore one of the lowest calibre. And it is more than annoying to see salvo after salvo missing. Nerf the sidearms if it is too strong and increase the reload a second or two if you think it is too fast. But yes, accuracy needs to be buffed.

It is the same with the german tanks in WoT. They are not known for their high alhpa damage but for their accuracy.

So, you want to make the best brawler line into a sniping turdfest.  Good way to turn a very fun line into a point and click adventure.

Hey WG! Ive just been playing in my Friedrich der Große (406mm guns I'm stock), and I'm pissed off.

Why? Good Question, glad you asked: I have just been sailing broadside to a izumo 5(!!!!!!!!!!!) KM away and 5 (!!!!!!!!!!) CONTINUOUS SALVOS MISSED COMPLETELY OR FAILED TO PENETRATE! This isn't ,,Balanced" this is Bias at its finest.

This is just a joke. German BB´s were known to be the MOST(!) ACCURATE during the war (before the americans had their Radar-synced guns idk sue me) and this [edited]keeps just pissing me off. THIS ISNT FUN. Its ludacris how a ship can miss 8 shots at practically POINT BLANK RANGE! or when i hit him i did 5-8k dmg which is just a joke on its own. If the 420mm guns don't get better you just lost a (paying) customer (and trust me more will follow) 

They are just fine. no buff is needed.

German BBs accuracy (Gneisenau is making me freaking mad, also fewer guns) is fine just at it is.
They are brawlers, so man up and push.

The turtleback armor shines in close combat engagements, and your bad accuracy will be nullified fighting under 10 km.

As for those who say they are OP: no, they are not.

It takes A LOT of tactic and balls to know when to push, and you constantly put yourself in danger while doing this.
Your team leave you alone 9/10 and you die like and feel like an idiot, which you are not.

It's definitely more safe and relaxed to stay at 15+ km, snipe in some US or IJN BBs and see big numbers popping out with 5-6 shells per volley connecting: which would never happen in german BBs.

They are harder to use and to exploit at the proper time, so they are more rewarding.

Because sniping game is fun in the first half, maybe, but nothing is better than CQC.

I'm always the first to compliment my enemy when he manages to crush me in a duel.
Eventhough i'm dead, i just FEEL the game went just RIGHT.
Compliments, epic moments, big shots, and everybody is happy.

Agreed, not op, and not up. So fairly balanced. Only saying that after playing US and IJN bb's upto t8 to draw a comparison, which has been pretty much covered extensively in various previous posts.

All bb's can destroy each other broadside under 5k. The km's fewer primary guns just obliges them to get closer for better results, though i have a feeling in t9 and t10 they become a little more flexible re the primary gun count.

KTKM4tw   

Aha. And then let's give all IIWW US BBs radar guided plotting systems in C hulls and recreate Surigao Strait all over the game.

Sometimes i think this game would be much more enjoyable if it was about completly fictional ships from fictional fleets...

cro_pwr   

Yes, they have bad accuracy and I always curse my rng when I'm sailing them. But they also have the firerate to balance it. Imagine something like the Amagi shooting every 26 seconds. No thanks.

My Amagi approves :great:

YES PLEASE! :D