_DQ_

RN cruisers smoke bug

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

32 posts in this topic

Any ideas when the smoke bug (if ever) will be fixed?

Its one of the [edited]most frustrating things currently in the game. Its not a tiny glitch or inconvenience. If your smoke deploys behind the ship instead of around it you are just dead. Again. And again. 

Before some starts saying something about how im sailing to fast or something like that, no im not. The bug affects only the second puff as i noticed. And it doesnt matter if im sailing  with the speed of 15 or 2. In some cases it just deploys far behind my ship. Slightly off the first puff.

3 people like this

what bug? i gues you the one from players who have no clue how use smoke in rn cl

As per usual, you display your lack of basic understanding of the game.

OP is refering to the smoke-bug where the last bubble of the smoke is not deployed if the ship is going too slow (around 14 knots seems to be the cutoff).

This is not native to RN CL, it happens to every ship. You just notice it quite a lot more in RN CL's, because you are super fucked when this happens. Check out the forums, there are plenty of threads about it. It amazes me that you don't know this as you post your drivel in every single thread. Do you even bother to read before posting?

1 person likes this

Happened to me once. I think the trick is not to deploy smoke when sailing at higher speed, say, 25+knots. 

ETA: I see the poster above also mentioned going too slow. Hmmm. Haven't encountered the bug in that situation, but then again, I always look to smoke up at around 20-23 knots to have as large a smoke as possible without gliding out.

Edited by Pajosaurus

1 person likes this

The RN Smokes are really buggy, if you are going too fast you will get one puff, if you are going too slow you will get one puff and sometimes your second puff will not spawn around your ship and will spawn behind it. This and the rudder bug are the most annoying things this game has to offer. I've been getting around it by never smoking until I hit exactly 16 knots. Seems to work most of the time but of course when you are going this slow and your smoke deploys behind you, you are so so dead.

1 person likes this

I bet he is one of the players useing smoke to shoot out with Belfast from it and ofc being static in it - yesterday I killed 2 Belfast with my Bayern doing same :)

you just look at middle of fired full salvo ( 4 turrets at same time ) and Balfast citadel is all yours :)

what bug? i gues you the one from players who have no clue how use smoke in rn cl

you get 1 puff of smoke if going too fast and 1 puff if going too slow

I am surprised that you haven't heard of this bug when there has been numerous threads on it

1 person likes this

The RN Smokes are really buggy, if you are going too fast you will get one puff, if you are going too slow you will get one puff and sometimes your second puff will not spawn around your ship and will spawn behind it. This and the rudder bug are the most annoying things this game has to offer. I've been getting around it by never smoking until I hit exactly 16 knots. Seems to work most of the time but of course when you are going this slow and your smoke deploys behind you, you are so so dead.

You get a bug with the rudder too? I thought it was just me, or something I was doing!

I've never had/noticed a bug with smoke though.

For the doubters, this 40-sec video shows the problem nicely. It shows two demonstrations - the first when things work correctly, the second when it goes wrong and you're left sitting in the open, stationary, wondering why your smoke is a few hundred metres behind you. Which is embarassing, as well as usually fatal ;-)

It's probably a bug, or it might be an unintended effect of something to do with smoke deployment triggers/thresholds that was fine with longer smoke durations but doesn't work for the RN... either way it needs fixing.

Edited by _Flyto_

2 people like this

Not sure why ppl cant just check for reposts

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/66972-brit-ca-producing-one-ball-of-smoke-only/page__st__20__pid__1449420#entry1449420

For the doubters, this 40-sec video shows the problem nicely. It shows two demonstrations - the first when things work correctly, the second when it goes wrong and you're left sitting in the open, stationary, wondering why your smoke is a few hundred metres behind you. Which is embarassing, as well as usually fatal ;-)

It seems to be in the speed range of 3/4 to 4/4 speed that causes the issue

Edited by Yoshi_EU

Not sure why ppl cant just check for reposts

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/66972-brit-ca-producing-one-ball-of-smoke-only/page__st__20__pid__1449420#entry1449420

It seems to be in the speed range of 3/4 to 4/4 speed that causes the issue

sry for reposting on the same topic. didnt notice your post. and thx for all info.

hope it will get fixed. it kills me almost as often as my own mistakes.

You get a bug with the rudder too? I thought it was just me, or something I was doing!

I've never had/noticed a bug with smoke though.

I'm guessing the rudder bug is the same as mine, see torps, hold A, watch as nothing happens, look at depressed key, release key and reapply, rudder starts to move?

I'm wondering if it happens when you have the inverse direction pressed when you first bottom out the other. Not sure.

I'm guessing the rudder bug is the same as mine, see torps, hold A, watch as nothing happens, look at depressed key, release key and reapply, rudder starts to move?

I'm wondering if it happens when you have the inverse direction pressed when you first bottom out the other. Not sure.

What ever it is, it's so frustrating. Specially in BB when I don't happen to look at the rudder and I expect slow turn, but after 10 seconds I notice I still havent even started to turn.

I'm having hard time to believe it's A and D being pressed at same time, since it happens so often after sailing straight too. Another explanation people like to give is limit on how many buttons can be pressed on keyboard at same time, but again, that limit is like what, 5?. In a game where we mostly need 1 button at a time, it just cant be that.

I have started to use Q and E and just spam the crapout of them when I want a fast turn, atleast it's reliable. :unsure:

Edited by ajappat

I'm having hard time to believe it's A and D being pressed at same time, since it happens so often after sailing straight too. Another explanation people like to give is limit on how many buttons can be pressed on keyboard at same time, but again, that limit is like what, 5?. In a game where we mostly need 1 button at a time, it just cant be that.

It's neither of those. I exclusively use Q and E in this game, and on the rare occasions that this happens the rudder shift indicator moves - it's just that the ship doesn't respond. (guessing the indicator is client-side?)

Yes, this is definitely a problem with mechanics, has happened also to me, more than once.

Bump.

My Fiji killed four times in a row now because of this smoke bug.

Slow right down - 1/4 speed or less - pop smoke. Only one bubble deploys. Ship rolls forward into the open and gets executed.

I find going to slow causes it as well. I'm not sure if there is a minimum distance between smoke puffs or if this is also a bug, I've begun to keep track of the perfect speed and always try and deploy smokes exactly then. Seems to be 16 kts for me on most of the line.

Edited by Bladezfist

hasn't been fixed yet

slow to 18 knots and release smoke then because you get 2 puffs of smoke to allow a better chance of staying in cover

You got to slow down to about 18 knots before dropping smoke.

Its not the solution. The bug is that the smoke is only dropping one bubble - i.e. you'd have be already completely stationary before popping smoke in order to have a chance of being covered. Unless you are already stationary, the ship edges out of the single bubble and becomes visible again.

By the time you get to Fiji or higher, you will of course be well acquainted with the mechanics of RN CA smoke. In my case, although I've only had nine games in my new Fiji, in the first five games the smoke behaved "normally". However in the last four games it has started bugging - producing only one bubble when deployed. I'm wondering if its some sort of conflict with the hull upgrade or different cammo patterns.

I can't say I had noticed this problem till today. 

In consecutive games, one in Belfast, the Fiji, I had cut engines and the ship had slowed to around 15knts. I try to always deploy when at this speed when in RN cruisers. But in these two games, only one puff of smoke was generated and I coasted out of the smoke and into full view. To top it all, now at a full stop in full view of three opposition cruisers. You can guess the rest.