You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thisheep

How to win and to keep winning, some advice for a good Winrate!

43 comments in this topic

[NED]
Players
4,380 posts
12,077 battles

Wonderfully written thisheep! Given your WR I must conclude you know what you're talking about. Not to sound arrogant': I am trying all those things you mentioned. Yet I cannot get over 51% WR. So I guess I've reached my optimal play. Of course that doesn't stop me to try to improve. I hope other people will see the value of your advice.

• Cool 2

[RAIN]
Players
2,857 posts
18,211 battles

At least some friendly comments! :)

Wonderfully written thisheep! Given your WR I must conclude you know what you're talking about. Not to sound arrogant': I am trying all those things you mentioned. Yet I cannot get over 51% WR. So I guess I've reached my optimal play. Of course that doesn't stop me to try to improve. I hope other people will see the value of your advice.

You can always improve your WR, I'm sure you will reach a nice 55% Thanks for the compliment!

And what if you don't have any competent friends to play with :D

I know that feeling :p The irony is that sometimes I play with a too strong platoon, in T7-T6 we are not able to share the meat and we cant perform all of 3 our sacred 100K damages :D

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[RAIN]
Players
2,857 posts
18,211 battles

And by the way, there are only a few tutorials here in Generals Guides. Seems no one is watching this section... Even on the french forum we have more tutorials for new players! :D

• Boring 1

[NED]
Players
4,380 posts
12,077 battles

Hey! i've commented on the French Forum how much I like DQ! With my lousy French. But I tried!! (-;

[RAIN]
Players
2,857 posts
18,211 battles

Hey! i've commented on the French Forum how much I like DQ! With my lousy French. But I tried!! (-;

Hey I remember you! We appreciated your love for our amazing DQ! :)
  • Boring 1

[OCTO]
Players
26 posts
12,324 battles

Nice guide Thisheep but you should review it and get rid of all the spelling mistakes when you have the time for it.

Reading a guide full of spelling mistakes (yes I know you are French but you are still writing an English guide) makes it really hard to finish reading the guide from start to finish, which is important for those new players to stick with it :-)

+1

• Cool 1

[RAIN]
Players
2,857 posts
18,211 battles

Nice guide Thisheep but you should review it and get rid of all the spelling mistakes when you have the time for it.

Reading a guide full of spelling mistakes (yes I know you are French but you are still writing an English guide) makes it really hard to finish reading the guide from start to finish, which is important for those new players to stick with it :-)

+1

There are so many mistakes? :'(

I paid attention when I wrote it but you may know the english level of the french guys... :D

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,652 posts
12,694 battles

but what to do if you play alone 99% of the time? :(

[RAIN]
Players
2,857 posts
18,211 battles

Try to find other players or accept the fact that you have less chance to win alone :'(

• Boring 1

Players
344 posts
3,100 battles

There are so many mistakes? :'(

I paid attention when I wrote it but you may know the english level of the french guys... :D

It's fine. It's helpful, and your English is far better than my French.

[RAIN]
Players
2,857 posts
18,211 battles

It's fine. It's helpful, and your English is far better than my French.

I can not imagine how hard it must be to learn french :D

• Boring 1

Beta Tester
33 posts
7,725 battles

Great guide! Thank you for that! :medal: Not really nothing new to me but anyway a very good guide! :)

and by the way: Your stats! Wow! I don't want to encounter you in a battle:ohmy: I thought my stats are quite good, at least well above average but this is scary :ohmy: Do you play in division only? And do you have some BB replays?

[RAIN]
Players
2,857 posts
18,211 battles

Great guide! Thank you for that! :medal: Not really nothing new to me but anyway a very good guide! :)

and by the way: Your stats! Wow! I don't want to encounter you in a battle:ohmy: I thought my stats are quite good, at least well above average but this is scary :ohmy: Do you play in division only? And do you have some BB replays?

Thank you!

Most of the time I play in platoon yes. I do not see the point to play alone when you can play with friends :) I mostly play carriers so I do not have good BB replays but you can watch my clanmates here:

I hope you like french language :D 

• Boring 1

Players
4 posts
5,049 battles

Thanks for a great guide thisheep.  The thought of writing a piece of this length in a foreign language makes my head hurt! Merci mille fois. (mmm... that phrase makes me think of millefeuille) :) 

[RAIN]
Players
2,857 posts
18,211 battles

Thanks for a great guide thisheep.  The thought of writing a piece of this length in a foreign language makes my head hurt! Merci mille fois. (mmm... that phrase makes me think of millefeuille) :) 

Thanks! Indeed it is pretty hard to write in another language! :) 

You speak baguette well by the way :D 

• Boring 1

[UNICS]
Players
3,744 posts
14,647 battles

Remember the mains tips: Play in a platoon, play strong ships, be smart and do not give up! 

Please share your way to keep wining in the comment!

Playing in divisions and playing strong ships is more like tipping the odds than improving your game. I could play co-op if I want a high WR.. :playing:

edit: Nice guide though :)

Edited by loppantorkel

[RAIN]
Players
2,857 posts
18,211 battles

Playing in divisions and playing strong ships is more like tipping the odds than improving your game. I could play co-op if I want a high WR.. :playing:

edit: Nice guide though :)

Co-op is making me sick... 

I could also speak of playing coop before FFA for the new players or for testing a new ship. 

• Boring 1

[RAIN]
Players
2,857 posts
18,211 battles

Don´t play before 2100 hrs and don't play in weekends

I dont believe to the legends saying there are more bad players the weekend. There are good and bad players anywhere, in FFA , in coop and even in ranked.

Good advice, thinking of just sticking to co-op on weekends

Playing FFA is far more interesting in my opinion. Most of the time you can learn a lot from a defeat. Even when I lose because of my team, I tell to myself, "I should have told them where to go and who to focus" for instance. 
  • Boring 1