Sign in to follow this  
MoveZig

How to Kirov?

5 comments in this topic

[BONI]
Players
1,064 posts
9,345 battles

I can't do it, m80s. Ever ship I've picked up recently: Kongo, Texas, Cleveland, Kaiser, Svietlana I've done well enough with. Kirov though, seems hellbent on punishing me for ever turning (which, let's face it, has to happen at some point). We're talking single BB shells taking off at least 1/4 health. without even hitting the citadel. It's like the only way this can ever work is if you point your bow at the enemy at 16km and sit there taking pot shots. Even then, any APs that land on the bow will go straight through the ship.

I'm definitely getting rid of this junk pile as soon as I reach T6 but I'd like to know if Budyonny at least plays differently thanks to the better armor. The WG video said that the bow armor on the Budy is better, and I'm hoping you can at least bounce some shells with angling the citadel armor. Right now I feel like RN minus wasdhax, smoke or repair.

Players
1,648 posts
12,129 battles

Although my performance felt equally bad with both ships, I definitely enjoyed Kirov more than Budyonny thanks to the 180mm lolpen guns. You can use islands to create a corridor and camp it out to some extend, as the bow armor is quite okay for that. Not superb but okay. Since Islands are armor replacements with 100% damage reduction you may want to hug them anyway.

Budyonny was a pain for me. Same turret layout but smaller caliber (yes yes, faster reload, okay) and I generally have bad luck with setting fires even with DE, except for Shchors and Hindenburg which are both flamethrowers. However, Shchors is quite fun and Chapayev is one of the preferred ships for ranked, so the grind is well worth the effort.

• Cool 1

[BONI]
Players
1,064 posts
9,345 battles

Well the Budy promises to fix a lot. More than twice the armor thickness, better turning, better shell speed, more concealment, better HE performance. Shchors just looks like it brings back the Kirov's flaws with a vengeance, without the good AA, and it just seems to get worse from there. How do the later ones play differently?

[ATRA]
Beta Tester
388 posts
7,144 battles

How to Kirov???

1. Report yourself every battle

2. ?

3. WR = 100%

:trollface:

P.S. Just angle and dont expose the sides...Guns are amazing.

• Cool 3

Players
1,648 posts
12,129 battles

Shchors with DE is a monstrous flamethrower. Terribad armor and 900m turning circle make you very vulnerable to all kinds of AP shells but the ABXY turret layout allows for more versatile movements. I usually keep her at longer distance and put her spotting plane to use, simply spamming HE at all targets within range (unless I can ambush other cruisers with AP).

Chapayev (don't have her yet) should offer some better armor and better gun range, but first and foremost she gets radar with huge spotting range of 11.7 km.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this