JackTheBest

Tier IX repair cost - 0 Damage Roon = 100k credits

9 comments in this topic

[THEX]
Players
2 posts
4,941 battles

Hey guys,

I'm not sure weather this is the right threat but I couldn't find another one.

Now, the thing is, I have played several games in my Roon at Tier IX with very little (5000) to 0 damage taken (without repairs) and i had to pay 100k+ credits for repairs only.

Is this normal?

// I know that high-Tier repair costs are so high because WG want you to play lower Tiers, but I thought it is calculated over the amount of damage one takes.

20161025_170811.jpg

20161025_170757.jpg

Modder, Alpha Tester
1,608 posts
807 battles

Repair costs no longer take into consideration how much damage you did or did not take, it's a flat fee across the board you pay every time you play a ship.

[TTT]
Players
1,952 posts
6,062 battles

There are no repair bills anymore. Just a flat rate when entering a battle.

Would it people to read the patch notes?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,230 posts
7,261 battles

There are no repair bills anymore. Just a flat rate when entering a battle.

Would it people to read the patch notes?

I feel like WG should just put up the patchnotes ingame. In WoT they kind of do it. And you should be forced to read them and press a button to accept that you read them. And still people will whine and [edited]that something changed, but they don't know what.

In other words: most players don't give a bleep about patchnotes. I don't even think they know what they are... But they do come on the forums to complain...

edit: actually now I think more about it. WG does actually do a lot to get the patchnotes to everyone. They make the Dasha video! The patchnotes themselves are actually generally nice to read, not just a few hundred lines of "+5% to X statistic of Y ships".

Edited by Loran_Battle

[THEX]
Players
2 posts
4,941 battles

Sorry to have bothered you!

right, i didn't read the patch notes and i thought it would be a bug or something like this.

I appreciate you responses, thanks!

I don't want to start a big discussion but what do you think about this change?

best regards

[1378]
Players
460 posts
3,052 battles

I understand it from WG's point of view. If everybody was making a load of credits on tier X, they would hardly play their lower-tier ships. As it is now, tier 9 and 10 roughly lose you money (a little or a lot, depending on your game) and from tier 8 downwards you start to make a profit again, with tier 8 to tier 6 premiums being the money makers.

It's a smart move, since this keeps the lower tiers inhabited and enables newer players to grind their ships in PvP instead of that horrendous PvE experience.

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,486 battles

I like this change. Before pwoples used excuse for sniping as slacking "if i get hit i pay alot for repairs" now they also slack and "snipe" but can not blame high repair bills for it.

Alpha Tester
2,070 posts
1,108 battles
As already explained by forum members, this was mentioned in the patch notes. This thread will now be closed