You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_Tyke

Renewing consumables

7 comments in this topic

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

Little itch here that I need scratching.

Battle ends, and you have consumables you have not needed to use. Why then are they renewed back in port?

You pay only for the ammo you use, why not the same for them?

Itch scratched, thanks for listening 

[CATS]
Players
14,757 posts
10,885 battles

WG decided that it works that way.

Premium Consumables are powerful and options cost money in real life too, even if you do not use them.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,243 battles

I think OP might be wondering why you have to pay for a consumable to be replaced if you haven't activated it.  He/she may have WoT in mind where the consumable is't used and replaced unless you do hit the button during the game (apologies if that is not the case OP).

Well the answer above is correct.  That's the way WG decided to work it for WoWS.

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

I think OP might be wondering why you have to pay for a consumable to be replaced if you haven't activated it.  He/she may have WoT in mind where the consumable is't used and replaced unless you do hit the button during the game (apologies if that is not the case OP).

Well the answer above is correct.  That's the way WG decided to work it for WoWS.

That's exactly what I meant, except I was not thinking WoT, just what makes logical sense

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,243 battles

I wouldn't want to be seen defending WG's decision but the cost of these consumables is a lot less by proportion of the gross income of WoWS ships than the consumables in WoT.  In WoT a good game will gross something a little over 100,000 credits and the "large consumable" set of repai kit, medical kit and either an auto fire extinguisher or a food consumable will run you 60,000.  People tend to buy them in bulk when they are hallf price and of course they don't always need replacing.

My Emerald takes 66,750 credits to replenish and that doesn't even include the camo costs (I have a load of the Soul of the sea camos at the moment) which compared to the 400,000 and the rest for a good game seems tiny.

[IRQ]
Players
2,733 posts
6,638 battles

For some things, like the Damage Control Party and Repair Party, it makes sense that you pay for just equipping them. You're basically hiring people to be ready for those events, so it doesn't matter if you use them or not; they still get paid. You can probably say the same about a few others that would require extra staff to work, like pilots, equipment maintenance, and stuff.