Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gallifrey711

RN CLs Torps not repairing

5 comments in this topic

[-T-O-]
Players
21 posts
8,570 battles

Hi, I've had a couple of games now in the Danae and the Emerald where my Torptubes were hit and I couldn't repair them with the consumable for the rest of the match and there was no countdown.

Is this a normal thing? It's only happened to me in the RN Cruisers.

Or is this combined with the smoke bug WG way of giving the RN ships british unreliability?

torps_down.jpg

Players
1,202 posts
8,169 battles

Just like gun turrets, torpedo tubes can either be temporarily disabled or permanently destroyed. The latter happened to your aft port tubes.

It's much more common on cruisers and BBs (that have torpedoes) than on DDs. 

[BLOBS]
Community Contributor
921 posts
3,618 battles

It's perfectly normal. There are 3 states for both Main Battery guns and Torp tubes;

1. Normal - can be used to fire provided not on reload.
  2. Incapacitated - Temporarily disabled due to incoming fire. Either wait for timer to fix, or use Damage Control Party.
  3. Destroyed - Torp tube/Main battery turret completely disabled. Can never be used again for the rest of the battle.

In this example, your torp tubes are completely destroyed. Happens a lot to weaker ships when you come under significant HE fire (AP does the exact same thing, but usually it's HE). It's not the most common occurrence in the world, but it is a possibility that you have to adapt around.

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Players
21 posts
8,570 battles

Ok, thanks fr the info guys.

Had never happened to me until I played the RN Cruisers (700+ games) and then it happened twice in a row, so I was confused.

I will apologize to my R key :)

Sign in to follow this